So Are We Getting Anymore Characters?

2 hours ago, gaymime said:

pffffffft, so basically you are my opposite x''D i am 40+ hours in dst and i still cannot survive the second day of summer(and only survive winter with serious aide from other players) but i have to mod my ds wes to 50/50/50 with a +15/50% hunger drain to have any fun

that's pretty hilarious but also kind of telling how differently these games require you to think when playing them

with 40h is normal. Enjoy that difficulty or you will tired of the game like others looking for guides/cheats for everything since minite one

For that im enjoyning trouble waters, makes me feel like a noob. Almost die like 4 times because of the new mobs but this feeling will diseapear when you learn so is better to enjoy it

38 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

with 40h is normal. Enjoy that difficulty or you will tired of the game like others looking for guides/cheats for everything since minite one

For that im enjoyning trouble waters, makes me feel like a noob. Almost die like 4 times because of the new mobs but this feeling will diseapear when you learn so is better to enjoy it

please don't misunderstand. i am on the wiki every single day even if i am not playing the game(s) and scoured it relentlessly(here too) before buying either game. i don't like surprises except in the most narrow and exacting way so i have no tolerance for doing anything 'blind'. i'm one of those dirty cheaters who uses insight and mob healthbars and the like x''D it doesn't take away from my gameplay experience in either game to know the numbers ahead of time and make my choices based on statistical likelihood(granted i still get stomped by tallbirds either way but still)

2 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Knowing the setup is just first step in solving the problem ahead. You'll then need practice. Lots and lots of practice. In various cumulative-threats circumstances. One can be adept/good at game and minimize time required for said practice-to-perfect. Some select few will do so in record time and then move on another game (they will master in record time as well). Most will stagger over long periods of time. And some will never master the game - even knowing all and practicing a lot. Like irl.

2 hours ago, gaymime said:

please don't misunderstand. i am on the wiki every single day even if i am not playing the game(s) and scoured it relentlessly(here too) before buying either game. i don't like surprises except in the most narrow and exacting way so i have no tolerance for doing anything 'blind'. i'm one of those dirty cheaters who uses insight and mob healthbars and the like x''D it doesn't take away from my gameplay experience in either game to know the numbers ahead of time and make my choices based on statistical likelihood(granted i still get stomped by tallbirds either way but still)

Is not bad to know stuff, i just mean that going blind in the very first attemps is so hilarious because of how much stuff can go bad. 

I remember when i started playing DS and when i couldnt play i liked to check stuff in the wiki to give me more hype but sometimes i eat spoilers that i would like to experience by myself.

For example, when i play with my friends with no experience i close my mouth if they want to base in a dangerous spot, or they are chopping to much birchnut trees, etc just of how hilarious are the reaction. I will never experience that but i can experience it via others and i think is a very cool part of the game

Just a friendly advice and not a 'play like i want'

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Knowing the setup is just first step in solving the problem ahead. You'll then need practice. Lots and lots of practice. In various cumulative-threats circumstances. One can be adept/good at game and minimize time required for said practice-to-perfect. Some select few will do so in record time and then move on another game (they will master in record time as well). Most will stagger over long periods of time. And some will never master the game - even knowing all and practicing a lot. Like irl.

I said that more because of spoilers of things that can happend and that kind of stuff. But yeah, not all of us can practise over years to be good at the game because of how little time the world let us to play so is normal to dont be frustrated at a game (and dont starve has a lot of hiden mechanics) to check stuff. That is totally okey with me and even if not, who cares who a random wants the game to be played.

The goal of this is to have fun

5 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

The goal of this is to have fun

Thank You, this entire post is perfect, you are nice you are friendly, & you do not belittle others for their particular wants and needs.

Me: I WANT Harder Biomes, I WANT Harder Hamlet/Shipwrecked game Mobs.. I Do not care not even 1% to engage in Boss Fights because Boss Fights is not the reason I bought the game....

I bought it to explore randomly generated worlds full of hostile things that hate me and wants me to die. A Sandbox game with no rules, no hand holding & I can survive My own way. (Almost exactly what the games description reads as when purchasing it)

So people need to leave me alone when I ask for harder Biomes, New weird more difficult mobs, New Weather/Environmental Hazards, more advanced difficulty levels but WEAKER Boss adjustment options..

Because the TL:DR of EXACTLY what will Happen- If I can not scale bosses to fit my skill level OF FIGHTING BOSSES (and not Particularly any other feature whatsoever in the game..) I Will only continue to ignore and miss out on enjoying that particular Game Content.

Then you ALSO have to factor in the OTHER things I’ve begged for like Harder difficulties, More Hazardous Biomes & Enemy Mobs. 

Do you guys Really want to battle Current HP Bearger through A Hamlet Style Toxic Poison Biome all whilst only ever having a 50% full health core that is your pre-set Maximum HP level? 

There are REASONS I want specific parts of the game to be adjustable, but that should NEVER Discredit my rights to ask for harder Content Elsewhere OUTSIDE of the games Boss fights.

So once again- THANK YOU, Who cares HOW I Want to play my game???

The Point is that we have Fun.

And for Me: Fun is exploring randomly generated worlds full of hazards, Biomes & Mobs that hate me & want me to die.

On 7/10/2020 at 7:14 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Im the only one who thinks that walter change to free because selling a black kid in the middle of riots about black rights could sound bad? XD

I think walter was that 'last character in progress' from the roadmap but that doesnt mean that klei will not release more characters

Is he even black? He is not afro, just like Warly. I think..

They probably made him free because stuff right now is no going well for the whole world, I think it is more of an excuse more than Klei trying to protect theirselves from any hate

Or less likely, you're right.

2 hours ago, douan33 said:

Is he even black? He is not afro, just like Warly. I think..

They probably made him free because stuff right now is no going well for the whole world, I think it is more of an excuse more than Klei trying to protect theirselves from any hate

Or less likely, you're right.

*looks at Apex Legends, looks at the DLC Legends for Apex Legends...* 

Hmm nah I’m pretty sure the color of Walter has absolutely NOTHING At all to do with why they decided to make him Free, I Believe that it could be as simple as they originally planned for Walter to Be Paid.. but- Came up with better ideas on how to make the profit they would’ve made on Walter being a Paid.

The very same time they released Walter as FREE they also put the entire store on Sale for 25-75% off with the exception of Walter related skins.. In addition to THAT they Released Hamlet onto Xbox One which is roughly the same price as buying a DLC character.

Then there’s also that NewHome thing they announced, while Klei has nothing to do with the game or the people making it I am fairly certain that they would’ve Made profit off allowing the NewHome devs to use their Licensed properties for DS characters & likeness.

There is also the very simple and very realistic thought that they could have intended Walter to be Paid but then they came up with a BETTER final 4th paid character they plan to release later.

All of these things are a possibility- But Only time will tell if Walter was the last character they intend to do.

I figured Walter was originally designed as a premium character then revised before release because they were trying to keep it consistent that the premium DLC characters aren't trapped in the Constant; Wurt and Wormwood already lived there and Wortox can come and go as he pleases, but all the free characters (and for that matter all the non-DST singleplayer characters except Wilba) are from Earth.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

*looks at Apex Legends, looks at the DLC Legends for Apex Legends...* 

Hmm nah I’m pretty sure the color of Walter has absolutely NOTHING At all to do with why they decided to make him Free, I Believe that it could be as simple as they originally planned for Walter to Be Paid.. but- Came up with better ideas on how to make the profit they would’ve made on Walter being a Paid.

The very same time they released Walter as FREE they also put the entire store on Sale for 25-75% off with the exception of Walter related skins.. In addition to THAT they Released Hamlet onto Xbox One which is roughly the same price as buying a DLC character.

Then there’s also that NewHome thing they announced, while Klei has nothing to do with the game or the people making it I am fairly certain that they would’ve Made profit off allowing the NewHome devs to use their Licensed properties for DS characters & likeness.

There is also the very simple and very realistic thought that they could have intended Walter to be Paid but then they came up with a BETTER final 4th paid character they plan to release later.

All of these things are a possibility- But Only time will tell if Walter was the last character they intend to do.

You're absouletely right. Amazing.

On 7/10/2020 at 12:14 PM, ArubaroBeefalo said:

Im the only one who thinks that walter change to free because selling a black kid in the middle of riots about black rights could sound bad? XD

what the ****? if all you see is him as a "black kid" and not his own character sure

2 hours ago, JustCrimson said:

what the ****? if all you see is him as a "black kid" and not his own character sure

that is an intellectually dishonest dismissal right there. acknowledging an aspect of a character as existing is not the same as discrediting all other parts of said character.

If the whole return of them and other yankee dee is done i'd like to have a competition over workshop characters and see wich one of them can be introduced into the game.

I think we might get a new character at the end of ROT updates, But it would a lot better and makes much more sense of refreshing the old characters. I would suggest them to focus on reworking Wicker bottom, Maxwell and Wolfgang first. They did a really good job on previous reworks and i can't wait to see what they will be doing next.

I think we should focus on world-building and content. It's much better than releasing yet again a new character. Walter in my personal opinion still doesn't sit right even after the number of hotfixes, good characters take time and many re-writes, pumping out character is not good. I'm honestly more interested in when the next event will be or how the sea is getting more and more robust.

Okay so uhm I’m playing don’t starve single player, and apparently “Them” is a thing that has existed long before we ever even arrived in the constant- I will avoid spoilers as much as I can.. but “Them” is referenced A LOT in Don’t Starve Single Player.. almost as being THE Biggest part of the entire franchise.. so I am uncertain as to if there will even be any updates to the game Beyond Return of Them...

Because THEM is the biggest thing.. (at least for now) 

Spoilers in the Tag Below:

Spoiler

Maxwell tells you that when he arrived in the constant that he created almost everything, that before he arrived there was mostly nothing & “Them” 

He then tells you that he refers to them as “The Watchers” because they don’t seem to do anything but Watch from the Shadows.

If you try to Free Maxwell by Attacking the hands that are Imprisoning him.. whatever you attempt to attack with will vanish into to thin air and Maxwell will tell you that “They” Will not Allow It.

You as the Player can then choose to free Maxwell, but at the cost of becoming the new Prisoner of “Them”

Besides the Spoiler- We know from the starting cinematic of DST that by the games lore WILSON is stuck on the Throne.. and that CHARLIE comes & free’s him.

So THEM sounds a lot bigger then just a couple Ocean Content updates... I think we should all just be very patient and wait to see what Klei has in store, because now that I know that THEM is THAT Important..... I don’t expect these update chains to stop until we get some mega huge quest to Free Charlie! (Or at least find out who or What “Them” is and why exactly “They” are Returning)

And as long as their still updating the game to reach this conclusion- We can expect more More RoT Updates, More Character Reworks, more QoL Updates, More Skins etc...

(& maybe if we’re really lucky Walani,Wilbur,Woodlegs,Wheeler,Wilba, Wagstaff And CHARLIE!)

14 hours ago, gaymime said:

that is an intellectually dishonest dismissal right there. acknowledging an aspect of a character as existing is not the same as discrediting all other parts of said character.

right so they cant make a character with dark skin without it being a statement? lmfao you are pathetic, i dont think they would have added a black kid who basically stole someones dog if they wanted to make a political statement 

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

We need more lands like the gorge and forge but let's not go too overboard. Devs should try to be simple again like they did with pearl.

In my head I picture this large inter-connected DS Franchise world (The Future of DS if you will allow me to call it that)

(GTA: O Related Example in Spoiler Below)

Spoiler

For years now- people have predicted that GTA Online would get a huge expansion pack that took us to a new location, the developers of the GTA games have even stated before that their dream is to have all their open worlds accessible by plane, train, boat etc and we could in theory leave Los Santos and go to Liberty City or Vice City for example.

And while I’m pretty certain Covid-19 has completely wrecked any Major content plans Rockstar had.. it seems funny to me that they would allow GTA Online to be playable without needing GTA V with the upcoming PS5 & Xbox Series X, as it’s own stand alone thing... almost as if- When a GTA 6 comes out that ONLINE will also support that world, the vision Rockstar had so many years ago

I bring all of That up... because DST has the Potential to actually capitalize on that Pipeline dream of an Interconnected world, We now have boats and can “in theory” sail anywhere in the constant we want... except for obviously into the Skies of Hamlet.. but As Lunar Island shows, what is Up.. can be brought Down.

I actually made a (Now Archived) Thread about this several months back I called Isles of the Constant, Where I broke each of the game’s major biomes up and made them into their own little islands each island having its own weather hazards, unique mobs, Etc.. 

The General Idea was to take ALL of the content from everything Klei has ever done with the DS/DST franchise and make that content always accessible by means of transportation, By Boat, By Wormwhole, By Underground Tunnel, By Ancient Doorway etc... 

There are even some very beautiful mods that exist on PC for DST such as @ADM’s Cherry Forest Mod, Which adds a Japanese Sakura looking tree biome into your game.

I would LOVE to have some of that as official game content.. But we have to get to that point first.. , and DST is nowhere near ready for “The Future of DS” of course all this is nothing more then a Pipeline dream of what DSTs future COULD be.. 

I just know that in a game with a fully sailable sea, Wormhole portals that spit us out in other locations, underground caverns, Science, Magic, Teleportation Devices, Ancient Gateways, Etc.... that Virtually NO AREA Should be off limits..

And if Anyone could bring that Interconnected world to life like the pipeline GTA:O dream... that it’s THIS GAME, this one right here... that only the games actual developmental limits should be the only thing that’s ever holding it back.

22 minutes ago, JoeW said:

Hi - please keep the conversation on topic. Thanks. 

Sorry Joe I was in the process of typing out my post when you wrote this!

On Topic okay uhm- While I suppose They COULD do more Characters, but we will just have to wait and see. :) 

Archived