[Poll] On Don't Starve Newhome

; the way home  

98 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about Don't Starve Newhome?

2. 2. If you answered "Very Satisfied/Satisfied", why so?

• It improves upon the DS formula overall.
    • It provides a new gameplay experience.
    • It provides a new aesthetic to the DS formula.
    • It provides new content of excellent quality.
    • Tencent made it.
    • It's a creative addition to the more accessible platform.
    • It might break the mold and be a good free to play game without microtransactions.
    • I voted "Very Unsatisfied/Unsatisfied."
    • I voted "No strong feelings."
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)
  3. 3. If you answered "Very Unsatisfied/Unsatisfied", why so?

• It goes against the DS formula overall.
    • It provides an entirely different, strange experience to the DS formula.
    • It's aesthetic goes against the DS formula.
    • It provides content of subpar quality.
    • Because Tencent made it.
    • Because it's a mobile game, it might have diminished quality.
    • It might turn out as a gacha-style game.
    • It might turn out to be riddled with microtransactions like most mobile games are.
    • I voted "Very Satisfied/Satisfied."
    • I voted "No strong feelings."
    • Other (do mention in the comments!)

I'm worried the game will not add to the main lore of the game since this is a separate writing team. So we'll never see official dev art of the cast interacting with the game creatures. We might as well consider this non-canon.

I'm not going to judge it before it's released, but it's a mobile game published by Tencent with a trailer that didn't look nearly as quality as Klei's, so I won't be surprised if it's not very good.

Me seeing this poll... 

Spoiler

image.png.5459df16a9b9f2523525770e9a3d62f1.png

Anyways, the second and third questions have the "I voted "No strong feelings."" option, but the first one has no "No strong feelings.". You might want to add that?

Also, just for the sake of correctness: the game is published, not made by Tencent, the devs are Shengqu Games. But I suppose that doesn't matter much regarding this poll.

40 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Me seeing this poll... 

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.5459df16a9b9f2523525770e9a3d62f1.png

Anyways, the second and third questions have the "I voted "No strong feelings."" option, but the first one has no "No strong feelings.". You might want to add that?

Thanks for clarifying :)

23 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

delayed = better, right?

When it comes to game development? Yes. When it comes to boarding a plane or getting your favorite food at a restaurant? No. Absolutely never.

I'd like to say that the latter two never happens, but unfortunately we don't live in a world where crab cakes are a top priority to chefs; and that my friends is the sad truth.

My only worry is that Tencent has their grubby hands on it. Crappy customer care aside, they are obligated to give any and all information they gather from you to the Chinese government (as they are based in China). Granted, the US Government does similar things under the radar.

Fun fact, Tencent are the guys behind TikTok. TikTok was busted for gathering a LOT of personal information they had no right to gather, along with doing really shady stuff like having TikTok download and unzip .zip folders onto your device, which is a planet-sized red flag for a mobile app.

My point is Tencent absolutely shouldn't be trusted, and because they're involved in the project I have to be VERY worried and careful about said project.

Archived