About Wigfrid's birthday date

I seldom (if not never) post on forums and therefore I have no experience with writing posts, but here's a neat little reference I came across and thought I'd share with the rest of the community just in case nobody has noticed it before! (Please correct me if I've accidentally posted in the wrong place)Wigfrid.thumb.PNG.ecc0784e91ddd157a622aa403f47b125.PNG

Huh!  Interesting take on these new information tidbits...all _I_ did when I saw that they all have birthdays now was see which one was closest to mine.  : P  (Wurt--only two days off!  I also feel like when I looked up what song was #1 on the day I was born.  If you haven't done that you should, because it's fun!)

Anyway...

WILSON:  The most I could think of was to look for like, famous scientist birthdays.  There's several who were born on April 23 but the one who stood out to me the most was Max Planck, simply because he's got freaking _units of measurement_ named after him and a big famous institute that has done a lot of cool stuff.

WILLOW:  Her birthday is literally the day of her refresh.  But let's look at historical stuff anyway...let's see...stuff to do with fire...
--1697 Stockholm's medieval royal castle is destroyed by fire, the Codex Gigas (world's largest extant medieval illuminated manuscript) survives by being thrown out a window.
--1862 Much of Enschede, Netherlands, destroyed by fire

...Young lady, you stop time-travelling this INSTANT!

--1914 US Congress establishes Mother's Day OOF.  Sadly ironic considering Willow's an ORPHAN...

Anybody else want to continue this?  I was using the On This Day website for this, but there's a LOT to look at.  Especially if you go past 1920 and include "stuff we know NOW that's a funny back-reference, ha ha" as well, like I wasn't doing.  But, I mean, Wilson references "Ren and Stimpy" and Webber appears to be a Bowie fan, so...

...Notorious

1 hour ago, TheHollowKnight said:

My birthday is closest to wortox, glad i didnt get wolfgang...

Heh heh, I have a friend who's into DST who's birthday day is the same as Wes. I don't think she knows yet, and I don't want to be the one who tells her. 

After some quick googling:

• Wilson's birthday is the release date of Don't Starve.
  • Willow and Woodie's birthdays are the dates of their respective character refreshes.
  • Winona, Warly, Wortox and Wormwood's birthdays are the dates they were added to Don't Starve Together.
  • Wolfgang's birthday is the date he was added to Don't Starve.
  • Wendy's birthday is something called Rememberance Day.
  • Maxwell's birthday is the date of DS's "All's Well That Maxwell" update, which implemented his perks.
  • Wickerbottom's birthday is St. Nicholas Day, AKA the date of the very first Winter's Feast. How that relates to Wickerbottom herself is beyond me.
  • Wigfrid's birthday, as stated in the OP, is the date Ride of the Valkyries was written.
  • Webber's birthday is the release date of Reign of Giants.
  • And I saved the best for last... Wes's birthday coincides with World Voice Day, which is some annual event about the importance of voice to communication or whatnot. Poor Wes...

Still no idea what WX-78's buildday is about. Same with Wurt's birthday.

4 minutes ago, MagicalSkies said:

When are their birthdays? Maybe I could do some research on what their birthdays mean.

November 28th and October 17th respectively.

I had guessed Wurt's birthday was her release date, as with every other new character, but turns out she was released on October 24th, a full week later.

8 minutes ago, QuartzBeam said:

November 28th and October 17th respectively.

I had guessed Wurt's birthday was her release date, as with every other new character, but turns out she was released on October 24th, a full week later.

Still haven’t looked up WX-78, but Wurt’s birthday is on World Day for overcoming extreme poverty, but if we’re being serious, her birthday is a day before the New Reign update, maybe she was in the constant before Charlie was in power? I don’t really know- I’m not one to come up with theories

Okay so nothing discovered about WX-78 birthday, so I have no clue on what it could mean

You will NEVER convince me that "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" is not a horror song.  : P

I dunno if it helps/means anything (note:  it doesn't) but I guess we could look at what Zodiac signs they all have?  Wurt for example would be in the time of year where, if you get a birthday cake, you can have a _Halloween_-decorated cake instead, which is way cooler.  Oh and I guess she's also a Libra. lol.  The Chinese ones would work better here since that's actually celebrated in DST, but for those we'd have to know their ages, not just birthdays...

Wes's being VOICE Day is kinda the funniest thing ever, not gonna lie.  XD  Reminds me of how the mandrake--aka the creature that NEVER.  SHUTS.  UP--is his Hallowed Nights costume!

...Notorious

On 6/4/2020 at 7:44 PM, QuartzBeam said:

Wendy's birthday is something called Rememberance Day.

I'm not sure if that's supposed to be the reference here. If I'm not mistaking, Remembrance Day is a day to honour the memory of those, who died in World War 1 specifically, not just a day to remember the dead in general. And Wendy's backstory has no connections to WW1.

What I think is more likely reason behind this date is that 11/11 is a date that is made of two of the same number, and each of these numbers is also made of two of the same number, which could represent Wendy and Abigail being twins. Plus, as the song goes, "one is the loneliest number", which could represent Wendy's loss.

Archived