FINALLY ! Uncraftable item skins :

Today's the day ! We now have skins for lootable equipments and more, the latest update added one for the Tam o' Shanter and the Krampus Sack :

2fp9ew.jpg.7f9b3fa4192861538bc994d02aa35c50.jpg2fp9ew.jpg.981a92b0de3fcb8ca09c2c9ad278f200.jpg2fp9ew.jpg.8637061d1e8926ccc502649d385db805.jpg

The dream comes true now that we have the amazing Clean Sweeper, craftable from the Magic tab !50?cb=20141225142756

This tool works like a staff : it cast a spell on stuff and changes their appearance with one of the skin you own, so skins are now applicable on everything craftable or not, we're probably gonna have more of these for various equipment loots like Snurtle Shell armor and whatsoever in the future.

But I'm sure this also means that BUILDING & STRUCTURE skins are coming up ! :wilson_curious:

Do you guys think we're gonna have skins for the Pig King and the Florid Postern/Celestial Portal ? We definitively have this in our hands, I'm looking forward for this kind of addition to Belongings, we'll have the ability to give thematics to our world if major game elements become customisable.

Spoiler

Seriously, don't you want the Crystalline King in the pig village ?

The only problem I have with this are people joining my world and changing things around in my game that I DON’T want changed.

On Xbox- If I’m the host of my own world then maybe I should be the only one with the option to change or modify my world? It is MY World after all... since it’s not on a Dedicated or Official Server.

5 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

The only problem I have with this are people joining my world and changing things around in my game that I DON’T want changed.

Unfortunately I don't see any very good solution to fix this, I'm only playing with friends so we know what we're all doing for the base and decoration, you'd have to make sure peoples are not messing with you if they join your server (as an admin)... luckily the sweeper cost 6 dark petals, I'm not sure many randoms will be so fast collecting them to mess on public servers. :disturbed:

12 minutes ago, ADM said:

Unfortunately I don't see any very good solution to fix this, I'm only playing with friends so we know what we're all doing for the base and decoration, you'd have to make sure peoples are not messing with you if they join your server (as an admin)... luckily the sweeper cost 6 dark petals, I'm not sure many randoms will be so fast collecting them to mess on public servers. :disturbed:

I reference Minecraft a lot because it’s the game DST most closely relates to.. And when you host a world on Minecraft as the server Admin you can pick and choose what options you want to give to players.

For Example- If you want to allow someone to Mine in your World then you can toggle that on, but if you don’t trust Them.. then they can join and play in your world but won’t be able to alter or mine anything.

If you want to give a player Creative Mode Freedom or trust them with allowing Fire to Spread- You can toggle all that on or off for each individual player in your server.

SO like say if a Willow I trust joins the game she has full access to her lighter, and her fires can spread because I know she won’t grief me.

But If a Untrustworthy Willow joins... I can disable her right to burn ANYTHING, and all she can do with her lighter is use it as a light source or cook her own foods.

With this Clean Sweep Thing.... NOW more then Ever DST needs to start adapting these QoL features.

29 minutes ago, AlienMagi said:

Wait really? I thought we would just craft the new skin, with the crafting material being the original item.

They made the right choice adding a simple recipe in order to swap skins, there would be sooooooo much crafts only for belongings otherwise :encouragement:

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Especially seasonal skins. If I have the gingerbread chest and someone changes it I can't change it back easily.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I reference Minecraft a lot because it’s the game DST most closely relates to.. And when you host a world on Minecraft as the server Admin you can pick and choose what options you want to give to players.

For Example- If you want to allow someone to Mine in your World then you can toggle that on, but if you don’t trust Them.. then they can join and play in your world but won’t be able to alter or mine anything.

If you want to give a player Creative Mode Freedom or trust them with allowing Fire to Spread- You can toggle all that on or off for each individual player in your server.

SO like say if a Willow I trust joins the game she has full access to her lighter, and her fires can spread because I know she won’t grief me.

But If a Untrustworthy Willow joins... I can disable her right to burn ANYTHING, and all she can do with her lighter is use it as a light source or cook her own foods.

With this Clean Sweep Thing.... NOW more then Ever DST needs to start adapting these QoL features.

How is changing skins different than any other kind of unwanted action by other players?  The rule has always, always been to not play with strangers if you don't want to deal with griefing.

13 minutes ago, Toros said:

How is changing skins different than any other kind of unwanted action by other players?  The rule has always, always been to not play with strangers if you don't want to deal with griefing.

The difference is that it’s probably MY KittyKit skin that I Didn’t want changed but for some unknown reason to me.. someone else can change my pets skin.

But yeah I get what your saying... And my response to that is in a game that advertises itself to play together with other people... the playing together part is severely crippled when They don’t make the game any more easily accessible to actually play with those Strangers.

Most the time..I just play alone or in password locked rooms, but that’s really not how a game designed to be played together should work.

10 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

I love how that Krampus Sack skin is a reference to the wicker basket that the Krampus in mythology uses to take children to hell.

Nice I just thought we stole Krampus's laundry basket because we're weirdos

7 hours ago, ADM said:

Do you guys think we're gonna have skins for the Pig King and the Florid Postern/Celestial Portal ?

I think they wanted to give out a florid postern skin around the time they changed the rickety portal into the florid postern but that might've been @ImDaMisterL pulling my leg

16 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

clean sweeper is a dumb thing for griefing when theres a lot better things for it

On 4/24/2020 at 6:48 AM, Blunderbuss said:

clean sweeper is a dumb thing for griefing when theres a lot better things for it

Okay, since I gave this a confused react, I'm trying to understand the correlation between changing a skin and briefing.

1 minute ago, minespatch said:

Okay, since I gave this a confused react, I'm trying to understand the correlation between changing a skin and briefing.

I guess some people get "annoyed" when you change the appearence of their items/pet without their consent.

39 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Pretty much what bruhmoment said

Archived