Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

Recommended Posts

ADM    5406
2 hours ago, Metehan Ata said:

Yeah, I want the swamp Monster girl to swim and get massive buff when she eat meat cause she's a merm (and they're all vegan) but this doesn't mean she can't be different okay ?

I kinda think you play her wrong. She's relying on Merms befriending to have what can be the strongest power to destroy any creature of the game effortless (right after you've build all your houses), you can get your food as Wurt with many different ways depending if you're playing singleplayer or multiplayer with dedicated team on agriculture which is one of my favourite thing of the game right now.

So maybe what you should do is stop trying to play Wurt as she was Wigfrid or Wolfgang and accept the character how she's intended to be played.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
z3rox12    83
1 hour ago, Lizardhiney said:

I am just the beholder of good news today!!

It has already been patched!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She does have a wetness debuff, but I am pretty sure you are talking about the default dance gif.

she still can't trade with Pig King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mrklli    1064

Why can't a monster be vegetarian...? They can still be pretty violent and fearsome. Imo a creature's even more evil if they won't kill their victims for food or self-defense but for a reason like a harmless trespassing or fun or something.

Besides, by which standards merms actually even are swamp monsters? They live in swamp, yes, and look a weeny bit different than you do, but does that give you a permission to call them monsters!?!? Let's not talk about the "monster" tag in code...

Edit: I've been informed that merms in fact do not have the "monster" tag, but a "merm" tag instead. So that's it, merms are not monsters, Wurt is allowed to love veggies, case closed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Parusoid    561
1 hour ago, ShadowDuelist said:

being wet or soaking wet should probably not affect her sanity at all given that she even says she loves water

i think it does not work like that; i love chocolate but im still getting fat upon eating, so...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
x0-VERSUS-1y    5626

Is rather rhetorical but, OP, you should always inform yourself prior to any transaction or purchase regarding desired product/service.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowDuelist    6528
2 hours ago, Parusoid said:

i think it does not work like that; i love chocolate but im still getting fat upon eating, so...

But in terms of the game, it would raise your sanity, not decrease it, even if it damages your health. That's exactly what taffy does, its candy, it raises the player's sanity because it delicious, but it damages their health because.. well.. its candy...

Things that are generally speaking appreciated by the characters, raise the sanity, and things that are uncomfortable, ugly, scary or disgusting, lower it.

She appreciates wetness, and even though she has the fish perk that gives exactly the same amount of sanity back (which would nullify being entirely wet) I believe they are 2 different mechanics.
Also being entirely wet would still freeze her and spoil faster any item that has a spoilage time in her inventory.

3 hours ago, Lizardhiney said:

Boy do I have good news for you! She already does!

The main advantage she has from being wet is her strong grip, I don't think she has any other advantage over wetness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GenomeSquirrel    854
39 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:


Also being entirely wet would still freeze her and spoil faster any item that has a spoilage time in her inventory.

I’ve always hated that they make her say cheery things about wetness as it’s freezing her to death. I’d want them to add separate lines if she’s in danger of dying from it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QuartzBeam    1375
47 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The main advantage she has from being wet is her strong grip, I don't think she has any other advantage over wetness.

She also suffers no penalties when a boat is sunk, save for gaining 50 wetness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious box    300

I feel most of the hate from wurt comes from how little information you get from merm followers like for example unless you data mine there's no way you'd know normal merms get wurts hunger bonus added to the follower time or what follower time limit even is. Heck i had to learn about anything i knew for follower times off a YouTube video there's not even a wiki for it.

This is made worse by the fact unlike other followers merms won't tell you when their about to leave you which means you could lose your group while your traveling at night. I often use a stop watch but it's still kinda hard since merms don't get names. Wurt is a good character in my opinion but she really could use a quality of life update for merms to make them abit more in line with other followers and by that I mean names and loyalty warning it makes no sense for the character based around the follower system to not be able to use those 2 things which make managing followers long term so much easier.

 

Edit: also I think it deserves mentioning that a section on followers should be added in game or atleast the wiki.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GenomeSquirrel    854
17 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I feel most of the hate from wurt comes from how little information you get from merm followers like for example unless you data mine there's no way you'd know normal merms get wurts hunger bonus added to the follower time or what follower time limit even is. Heck i had to learn about anything i knew for follower times off a YouTube video there's not even a wiki for it.

This is made worse by the fact unlike other followers merms won't tell you when their about to leave you which means you could lose your group while your traveling at night. I often use a stop watch but it's still kinda hard since merms don't get names. Wurt is a good character in my opinion but she really could use a quality of life update for merms to make them abit more in line with other followers and by that I mean names and loyalty warning it makes no sense for the character based around the follower system to not be able to use those 2 things which make managing followers long term so much easier.

No, managing large groups like that is never something you need to do in the first place, my problems are more fundamental. Merms and Merm King have poor drops, most damning no food drops for Wurt, yet they behave mostly the same to pigs and rabbits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious box    300
58 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

No, managing large groups like that is never something you need to do in the first place, my problems are more fundamental. Merms and Merm King have poor drops, most damning no food drops for Wurt, yet they behave mostly the same to pigs and rabbits.

I get what your saying but merms aren't meant to be your food source their meant to be your long turn resource gathers and fighting force atleast that's what I take from the character

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    3441
1 hour ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

No, managing large groups like that is never something you need to do in the first place, my problems are more fundamental. Merms and Merm King have poor drops, most damning no food drops for Wurt, yet they behave mostly the same to pigs and rabbits.

ofc or you want wurt to eat her brothers xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axelocke    4162
2 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I’ve always hated that they make her say cheery things about wetness as it’s freezing her to death. I’d want them to add separate lines if she’s in danger of dying from it.

This has always been my biggest gripe with Wurt's character. "Mermfolk love water, florp!" cried Wurt, currently freezing to death. "Why not play in rain, flurpt?" she giggled as her mind plummets into the depths of insanity.

 

I dunno, just doesn't make sense to me that she suffers the same wetness penalties as the others (Humans, other monsters.) despite the species' affinity to water/rain. For Wormwood I could understand, since plants can drown and whatnot, but a merm?...

image.thumb.png.2a9a7ac262770d8b671a1d6132e3914d.png

image.thumb.png.a62dd425d0642310c91dea277e5d0ac0.png

image.png.3cb6bbf539a7d18125d8d43c5943f351.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
minespatch    75766
21 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

I dunno, just doesn't make sense to me that she suffers the same wetness penalties as the others (Humans, other monsters.) despite the species' affinity to water/rain.

You'd think she would be able to swim across islands without a boat as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    3441
33 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

 

water makes loose temperature in real world so i dont see why people complain about it (not only in this thread), she is a frog so maybe she has cold blood+being wet which absorbs a lot of your body temperature... DEP

also i guess she cant swim long distances because merms live near sweet water so maybe swim in salt water hurts her 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Axelocke    4162
1 minute ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

also i guess she cant swim long distances because merms live near sweet water so maybe swim in salt water hurts her 

What about her quote from recovering after drowning, "Had good swim!" followed by no stat penalties? I mean, I'm not saying Wurt should ever be able to properly swim, (since Weregoose basically does that already.) but I think this shows that the constant's ocean isn't lethal to Merms, at least, and to a certain degree, moisture in general?

image.png.4a1bf88ce57b728fecc75a4d797d8387.png

image.thumb.png.008d21b39b30a4c7f6a4f887fcab1ad1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ArubaroBeefalo    3441
5 minutes ago, Axelocke said:

What about her quote from recovering after drowning, "Had good swim!" followed by no stat penalties? I mean, I'm not saying Wurt should ever be able to properly swim, (since Weregoose basically does that already.) but I think this shows that the constant's ocean isn't lethal to Merms, at least, and to a certain degree, moisture in general?

image.png.4a1bf88ce57b728fecc75a4d797d8387.png

image.thumb.png.008d21b39b30a4c7f6a4f887fcab1ad1.png

i said long distances, you can put a frog in the sea and it will swim a little but after a few time will die for osmosis

just trying to give it some logic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1bubbainpa    2587
1 hour ago, Axelocke said:

This has always been my biggest gripe with Wurt's character. "Mermfolk love water, florp!" cried Wurt, currently freezing to death. "Why not play in rain, flurpt?" she giggled as her mind plummets into the depths of insanity.

 

I dunno, just doesn't make sense to me that she suffers the same wetness penalties as the others (Humans, other monsters.) despite the species' affinity to water/rain. For Wormwood I could understand, since plants can drown and whatnot, but a merm?...

image.thumb.png.2a9a7ac262770d8b671a1d6132e3914d.png

image.thumb.png.a62dd425d0642310c91dea277e5d0ac0.png

image.png.3cb6bbf539a7d18125d8d43c5943f351.png

She’s saying these phrases because she is trying to keep herself sane even though death is on her door! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Mysterious box    300

If I'm being real the temp thing makes sense and I originally conceded that the sanity thing would have been overly powerful atleast until they made wendy immune to player ghost sanity drain which are arguably much much stronger so they could remove sanity drain and it's not like any would cry over the loss of strong grip as it serves no purpose at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowDuelist    6528
4 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I feel most of the hate from wurt comes from how little information you get from merm followers like for example unless you data mine there's no way you'd know normal merms get wurts hunger bonus added to the follower time or what follower time limit even is. Heck i had to learn about anything i knew for follower times off a YouTube video there's not even a wiki for it.

This is made worse by the fact unlike other followers merms won't tell you when their about to leave you which means you could lose your group while your traveling at night. I often use a stop watch but it's still kinda hard since merms don't get names. Wurt is a good character in my opinion but she really could use a quality of life update for merms to make them abit more in line with other followers and by that I mean names and loyalty warning it makes no sense for the character based around the follower system to not be able to use those 2 things which make managing followers long term so much easier.

 

Edit: also I think it deserves mentioning that a section on followers should be added in game or atleast the wiki.

All of this please.

Also I don't think its bad that she freezes when wet, its not really wetness that freezes her, its the ambient temperature. Wetness just makes it faster though.
I think wetness shouldn't affect her sanity since she clearly loves being wet. With her strong grip and no sanity penalty, it would mean that you can go around at 100% wetness without penalty as long as you have a thermal stone during early spring or late autumn.

The other option is to add a side perk, like faster drying (yeah Walani fans fite me irl) or just plain having a permanent degree of water resistance, like 30%, but I don't like these options much since it just keeps complicating the character stats on small and niche perks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lizardhiney    538

 

5 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The main advantage she has from being wet is her strong grip, I don't think she has any other advantage over wetness.

That's what I said, read the post I was replying to again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites