Your favorite boss and regular enemy to kite.

What boss and what regular enemy do you find enjoyable to understand and execute the kiting pattern for?

For me, my favorite boss to kite is the Dragonfly whereas my favorite regular enemy to kite is Krampus!

I guess these choices are mainly due to me liking enemies with short time windows to kite.

Discuss.

9 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

But is that really kiting them though?

ya got a point. frankly, i never really think of things like this. t'was the first thing to strike my head. i've found it easier to bring a large amount of enemies to fight each together and reap the spoils.

Klaus is my favorite boss to kite. More importantly his second phase with his belly bite attack, it's really fun to try to kite it properly and it's actually scary. The whole mechanic with the deers doing ice and fire is also very unique. Plus the moment where he spawns krampii at you is really stressful on the kitting.

For the enemy i would go with splumonkey! Trying to sync up those pesky lil shadow demon to try and kite them is really hard and rewarding in my opinion. Their low healt makes them easy to kill but the fact that they attack in swarm makes it the whole lot more interesting.

For my boss, I'd have to say a treeguard, mainly because when you fight one it comes out of nowhere; fighting it is pretty easy, but when multiple spawn it gets even more interesting.

For a normal enemy, I would say a pigman. I love that sometimes they can be stun-locked and killed that way, or the fact of you proving your dominance over the swine.

My favorite boss is klaus because when you fight him your kiting and his attack is in sync so it makes it fun even though the battle is a endurance test and the mob I would say is a slurper I know they are easy to kill but something about them rolling/attacking in one direction is funny idk why

bearger because 1 mistake and you receive a gigantic slap in the face. Also g/moose because of her random atack pattern when she moves. And i think that more mobs should be added with the speed of dragonflys atack. 2nd form of Klaus its just perfect, how you must study his behavoid to know which atack he will use

For regular enemies i like to kite frogs, if you miss you will receive a lot of hits and your items will drop. hounds waves because gives pleasure surviving a big wave far away of defenses, worms because they could be up to 6 and deal the same damage than deerclops so you must be focus and terrorbeaks for their high damage and speed, could be so fun when you have 2 or 3.

And sometimes i decide to kill and entire pig village just because xd. Its so epic kitting the whole group arround and wating the opportunity of hitting when you can, its like a kunfu film xD

14 minutes ago, Charesque said:

Her attack pattern will not be random if you fight her near the nest - kiting in circles around it will do the trick. 

sometimes even near she does weird stuff xD but yeah,in my first days  playing the game i died a lot for going far away of the nest meanwhile i try to kite

The Dragonfly is extremely satisfying to fight the kiting way 

Unlike others mobs and bosses, she's one of the only mods than can attack and move simultaneously if she wasn’t standing before. It makes the fight pretty intense (depending on how you process) you can do it very early in the game and I like to kill her right after getting the Magiluminescence, dodging on the road that (should) always spawn on the arena in a loop formation when she goes s p e e d... that's so unique !

So yeah I love everything in this fight at the exception of the Lavae that have too much health imo, seriously it's just some damn lava slime, it should pop right after a hit ! :D

39 minutes ago, ADM said:

The Dragonfly is extremely satisfying to fight the kiting way 

Unlike others mobs and bosses, she's one of the only mods than can attack and move simultaneously if she wasn’t standing before. It makes the fight pretty intense (depending on how you process) you can do it very early in the game and I like to kill her right after getting the Magiluminescence, dodging on the road that (should) always spawn on the arena in a loop formation when she goes s p e e d... that's so unique !

So yeah I love everything in this fight at the exception of the Lavae that have too much health imo, seriously it's just some damn lava slime, it should pop right after a hit ! :D

i tried with wilson the ice staff method, its pretty fun and makes killing lavae alone a thing but its extremely dangerous because of how dragonfly atacks and lavaes getting warm by their own fire xD

note: dont try it with wendy, abigail will unfroze the lavae (dumb death girld dsfhsfhk)

1 hour ago, ADM said:

she's one of the only mods

Mods are bad for your soul.

1 hour ago, ADM said:

[that] can attack and move simultaneously

Others mobs are Ghost, Catcoon, (Moonrock) Pengull, Birchnutter, Spider Warrior, Ewecus, Cookie Cutters, Skittersquid, Gnarwail, Mosling, Lavae, Dangling Depth Dweller, Slurper, Clockwork Rook, Malbatross, Klaus, Ancient Guardian, and Shadow Bishop. But Pengulls actually just have a super quick attack animation; Catcoon, Birchnutter, Ewecus, and Dragonfly are mobs who can move while charging their attack; and Ghost and Shadow Bishop are the only mobs ingame who can move and change their direction when attacking.

1 hour ago, ADM said:

the Lavae that have too much health imo, seriously it's just some damn lava slime, it should pop right after a hit ! 

Even if they are "just lava slime", larvae are pretty resistant irl.

Klaus has the most intricate, rewarding and enjoyable kiting pattern for a boss.

And for a mob, idk, they more or less have the same pattern. in fact the most enjoyable regular enemies to fight for me are the Mactusk Hunting Psrty because they force you to strategize a game plan that does not involve kiting that much.

Archived