Maxwell twin-brother CONFIRMED

Well when Klei made lore for Don't Starve with puzzles we knew about list from his brother - Jack. He wrote about own childs - twins. But until this short we never before get confirmation about blood ties between Maxwell and Wendy and Abi.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.49fa5a24c40379f50b1100a030bdd1fa.pnglatest?cb=20150502152049

I agree with csc_unit, the man in the short isn't necessarily Maxwell's twin, claiming that it's confirmed is definitely misleading.

3 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

I was surprised at just how much Jack looked like Maxwell. Identical twins definitely seem to run in their family.

And one of each twins/siblings seem to be very adventurous, causing so much trouble for themselves and others... 

1 hour ago, csc_unit said:

I'm not so sure they are twins. They just look like each other cause they are family. Do they look too much alike? Might just be the artist's rendition of what Maxwell's brother looks like.

You're posting this like the short was not made by Klei. This isn't some adaptation of some novel or anything, where interpretation is all the rage. This is official, straight from the source Klei with Klei's artists working on it. This isn't some artist's rendition at all, this is bonafide Jack Carter. 

1 hour ago, WilliamGreywind said:

You're posting this like the short was not made by Klei. This isn't some adaptation of some novel or anything, where interpretation is all the rage. This is official, straight from the source Klei with Klei's artists working on it. This isn't some artist's rendition at all, this is bonafide Jack Carter. 

You misinterpreted me mate. Language barrier? Idk

If Klei tell the artist to come up with Jack and he that he shall looks like he is obviously Maxwells brother, I can easily see an artist coming up with this precise rendition of the character. 

Claiming they are twins is bold and unfounded. Maybe but we don't know.

10 minutes ago, csc_unit said:

If Klei tell the artist to come up with Jack and he that he shall looks like he is obviously Maxwells brother, I can easily see an artist coming up with this precise rendition of the character. 

Claiming they are twins is bold and unfounded. Maybe but we don't know.

Until we get confirmation that they're not, it's really hard to deny that Jack and Max aren't identical twins. Even for siblings, they look waaaay too similar.

Just now, TheKingDedede said:

"Quickly, get me Maxwell's default skin and a pencil. I'v got just the idea!" - Animator at Klei, probably.

No, it'd have to be the untriumphant skin, default maxwell has been tainted by the darkness, and his skin is darker as a result.

4 minutes ago, minespatch said:

image.png.88febd65c314ac56e24da2432feb9b86.png

I can't be the only one thinking about Mickey's foot deformity...

3 minutes ago, Owlrus98 said:

'Bet they have twin wives too

Well Maxwell could've gotten with Charlie...otherwise he's not the Chad we all think he is.

But going off of that claim, if Maxwell got with Charlie, then Jack got with Winona...

soyousay.png.05776c9f722aafebc2f89783d17baccd.png

Yeah no this doesn't go anywhere. :wilson_ecstatic:

3 hours ago, watermelen671 said:

Well Maxwell could've gotten with Charlie...otherwise he's not the Chad we all think he is.

Well to be fair, Maxwell would definitely be the wife in the relationship, and since he's a twin himself.........technically that means THEY'RE the twin wives lol.

Klei didn't technically say one way or the other, but probably if they wanted to make it clear that Jack and Maxwell weren't identical twins they would have given Jack a less Maxwell-like character design; they pulled off making characters look related to each other but not genetically identical with Charlie and Winona's family. So I'm thinking they at least wanted to allow fans to interpret it that way. (And they went on to add splash art to the Wendy update that included a scene of five random extras with reasonably unique faces, so I don't think they just did it so the character designers could take the day off.)

Having said that, since there's no official word and the art style is simplified and loose enough to hide small physical differences between the two of them, Jack and Maxwell could still be fraternal twins or non-twin brothers who just happen to look very similar.

Archived