Webber's Rework: How to Make him more of a Monster

51 minutes ago, Psychomaniac said:

@Canis can't wait to see a thread for my Wilbur (by you, of course).

P/s: I can made a thread but it's not as good as you do.

I have some ideas, incase you interested in.

Hide contents

-Be able to make monkey huts, which can be upgraded to splumonkey huts with 10 nightmare fuel.

-Befriended monkeys harvest nearby things and throw them at you but also attack things but aren't as strong as a pig. Splumonkeys wont throw their resources at you, but instead run to you and deposit them in your inventory when there are no more pickable resources nearby.

-Can be befriended with bananas

-Wilbur can grow banana trees from Banana cone (3 bananas, 4 manure, 1 pinecone). Starts the game with one Banana cone.

-All of his perks from Shipwrecked are carried over.

There, did it.
Keep in mind it's 10:30 PM btw.

edit: I can probably get something really interesting for Wilbur if I put effort into it, but it's a bit late for that atm.

1 hour ago, Canis said:

edit: I can probably get something really interesting for Wilbur if I put effort into it, but it's a bit late for that atm.

It's now probably 11:30 Pm (your time), so STOP response and get to bed.

P/s: BTW Wilbur will not arrive to DST any time soon.

@Canis New crafts are really neat.

Nightvision mechanic requires way more thinking. 

I played a custom character (my own very tweaked version Charlie) with nightvision in DS for like 400 days. She had moggles-like nightvision. Much more powerful then your proposition for Webber. 
Main thoughts from my experience:

1st. Nightvision was totally useless on surface. Night time doesnt really limit players given the fact how cheap Light items are. I think we both agree here.

2nd NV worked best While treasure hunting in caves and ruines. I had free had slot, so I could go bacpack, helmet weapon.

But at the end of the day, if DS was rpg and NV was a perk that you can choose from a list in cost of some disadvantage, I would avoid it.

More info on Charlie NV vs Webber NV: Charlie NV is always active and always saves from darkness, in fact it allows you to go around w/o Light items. (Charlie NV is balanced by some harsh disadvantages, but it is too long to describe them here) 

Webber NV can fail you, it doesnt allow you to go around w/o Light items even on surface. While in caves/ruins you can easily be left with low sanity, meaning NV will turn off. This heavily limits usage of NV (that was already small).

In conlusion:
NV in general is nearly useless 95% of the time even powerful version. In Webber case it is even more so . 
I see that you tried to balance NV, so ppl wont complain about super dooper OP Webber. But NV power was already very weak!

I recommend against having it all.

7 hours ago, Canis said:

-Be able to make monkey huts, which can be upgraded to splumonkey huts with 10 nightmare fuel.

-Befriended monkeys harvest nearby things and throw them at you but also attack things but aren't as strong as a pig. Splumonkeys wont throw their resources at you, but instead run to you and deposit them in your inventory when there are no more pickable resources nearby.

-Can be befriended with bananas

-Wilbur can grow banana trees from Banana cone (3 bananas, 4 manure, 1 pinecone). Starts the game with one Banana cone.

-All of his perks from Shipwrecked are carried over.

There, did it.

69875349-0364-4B16-A3FA-C803FF8BD207.png.b8acc6b8274e71762d4ee236667ca535.png why not make them like junimo huts where they just put it in a bag infront of their home and if a not monkey king tires to grab it, a monkey will come out and smack the players hand.

12 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

This is basically how it goes.....

Random Individual #1: I think Webber is a cool lil' monster... :3

Random Individual #2: HE ISN'T A MONSTER HE IS ALSO HUMMANN HE STILL HAS HIS MEMORIES

It's not some Random Individual, it's Mike23Ua, argueing with him is an honor act.

You guys are funny, but in all honesty it’s the Internet and the way someone words there sentences (or in my case jumbled walls of text) can easily be misinterpreted as Yelling.

When in Reality I’m not sitting here angrily smashing buttons I’m calm, I’m relaxed & I’m Chill (Like Walani) 

But Because it’s just a bunch of words on a screen you can’t tell how someone means for those words to be Read.

We can do this I guess..

WEBBER IS WEBBER END OF STORY!? (Which is me jokingly pretending to yell and Mimic a funny Meme) but honestly as long as no one is fighting with someone, threatening someone or calling others out..

its all just completely harmless discussion about a game that (Hopefully) we all love?

(Like Seriously If you don’t like the game why even be here??) But.. I’ve always wondered that. :D 

13 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You guys are funny, but in all honesty it’s the Internet and the way someone words there sentences (or in my case jumbled walls of text) can easily be misinterpreted as Yelling.

When in Reality I’m not sitting here angrily smashing buttons I’m calm, I’m relaxed & I’m Chill (Like Walani) 

But Because it’s just a bunch of words on a screen you can’t tell how someone means for those words to be Read.

We can do this I guess..

WEBBER IS WEBBER END OF STORY!? (Which is me jokingly pretending to yell and Mimic a funny Meme) but honestly as long as no one is fighting with someone, threatening someone or calling others out..

its all just completely harmless discussion about a game that (Hopefully) we all love?

(Like Seriously If you don’t like the game why even be here??) But.. I’ve always wondered that. :D 

To YOU, it may seem like WEBBER IS WEBBER END OF STORY is jut funny and jokingly pretending to MIMIC a MEME, but all-caps is generally UNDERSTOOD by most people TO BE AGGRESSIVE EMPHASIS in ANY typed format. It doesn't help that you do it often, like THIS.

18 hours ago, GetRektKids said:

WHY DOES EVERYTHING HAVE TO TURN INTO A ARGUMENT 

You're certainly allowed to disagree with one another, in fact, we encourage debates. - JoeW, Community Standards And Etiquette

5 hours ago, Canis said:

lets de-escalate this with more ideas.

Here, take some concepts for non-webber spiders that could be found in the world.

spider-forestlonglegs.thumb.png.ffd74b264fe884cba69ff1cad59d7d01.png

spider-trapdoor.thumb.png.64645f0740084b762ef9cdfee6fe4f3b.png

I would Imagine a “Trapdoor” Type Spider just to be Cave Dwellers...

Maybe Webber Can place a Patch Of Spider Web on the ground that whenever something steps across those white spiders Slink down from the sky snatching it up and off screen

Of course it would probably only work on Smaller Creatures such as Birds, Rabbits, KittyKit, (Humans in PvP?)

But Ignore the fact that they Slink down from webs in the Heavens.. its a Video game it doesn’t have to make sense.

On 2/12/2020 at 1:24 AM, RogueGamer12 said:

Bruh, i thought threads about Wendy are the most messy.

Just give Webber a gun to shoot some fools with, done.

Your a monster Webber!

*GUNSHOT NOISE*

7 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

You're certainly allowed to disagree with one another, in fact, we encourage debates. - JoeW, Community Standards And Etiquette

I feel personally attacked....... 

But still, it's starting to push over the edge. Yes, there are friendly arguments..... Do you remember the dare should I say.... WX-78 Gender Topic of late 2019? 

*shivers*

Yeah, it's bad..... no-one wants to argue about that...

5 minutes ago, GetRektKids said:

But still, it's starting to push over the edge. Yes, there are friendly arguments..... Do you remember [DATA EXPUNGED]?

Yeah, it's bad..... no-one wants to argue about that...

Disagreement is normal. It takes some getting used to, but once you start to accept and adapt to the fact that human beings with different perspectives are bound to disagree, it gets better from there.

However, let us all remind each other to stick to community guidelines. Stay on topic, don't get inflammatory, don't troll, and don't be a jerk. It'll be fine.

To keep this post a fraction on topic, here's another suggestion:

webber can spin straw into molybdenum  create fiber and rope out of silk to give it more of a use.

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Disagreement is normal. It takes some getting used to, but once you start to accept and adapt to the fact that human beings with different perspectives are bound to disagree, it gets better from there.

However, let us all remind each other to stick to community guidelines. Stay on topic, don't get inflammatory, don't troll, and don't be a jerk. It'll be fine.

To keep this post a fraction on topic, here's another suggestion:

webber can spin straw into molybdenum  create fiber and rope out of silk to give it more of a use.

That's fair.....

Yep, that's all I have to say....

2 minutes ago, Canis said:

Can yall not get this thread locked, thanks.

You know, honestly I never got that.. why lock a thread when people disagree or argue? Was it the Poster Of said threads fault? Did they encourage or partake in whatever it was that caused the threads locking?

If the answer to that is No then why should They be punished for something others have done?

What should happen is probably to issue a warning to the guilty parties and have them edit or delete their posts so that the OP’s thread can continue to be seen, read & Replied to. 

15 minutes ago, KXWl1 said:

Webber cannot trade with Pig King:)

Honestly I'd be down for this.

Also Klei, can Pig King have an "aggressive shoo" animation where PK seems disgusted in wurt/webber trading with them, thanks

Webber could dress the heads of other spiders that he himself can made and get skills, such as:

Spider Warrior, more damage.
Cave Spider, more armor.
Spitter, spit web-projectiles.
Dangling Depth Dweller, more speed and night vision?
Shattered Spider, summon multiple spikes out of the ground.

(All heads will spoil).

Edit:

Like that:

"11) Fall rates - simple - more loot. The character Perphaps receives (...) After being killed by him, the animals do not disappear in 1-2 seconds."

I don't remember who wrote this. I had forgotten that I had taken notes.

Archived