Star Wars fans here? Making Rey mod, need feedback on ideas and art

Hello there Don't Starve Wars fans. I am making a mod featuring Rey, different items and force abilities. I want feedback on my ideas and textures. I am also looking for other fans, who would like to cooperate on mod.

image.png.a2914dd0fc6135a17c6217ec510d7d0e.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BASIC STATS:
100 health, 200 hunger, 200 sanity.
Desert survivalist: Gets lower damage from heat. Has increased heat insulation.
Jedi: Can use different Force abilities.
Mary Sue: She gains powers because she is awesome.

FORCE POWERS:
Force Telekinesis
Allows to grab and move items of any weight around.

Force Mind Trick
Befriends targeted mob or causes it to loose agro, repetitive uses put target to sleep.

Force Push
Pushes everything around caster away. Deals damage to rocks and trees.

Force Lightning
Electrifies everything in front of a caster.
Ignites and damages mobs.

Force Skype 2.0
Teleports items to other players or into previously selected chest.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ITEMS:
Visual desing notes: High-tech doesn't fit DS art-style at all, that's why I am using steampunk-ish style for items.

Heatsword
- DS analog of lightsaber.
- Deals high damage, emits heat.
- Requires fuel to operate.

image.png.9942583d43b0acdc5cc99e7c5cafa3b5.pngimage.png.1d1e74842efd6cae86e1cbd87efb9b03.png

Heatgun
- Ranged weapon.

image.png.3932622900044a14cad88a33914dbe2e.png

Quoterstaff
- Simple weapon.

image.png.0140a216b663a937ea2cae904d6a0e78.png 

BB-8 Clockwork Droid
Astromech droid capable of repairing structures, walls and boat leaks.

image.png.37beb4eba7d234766d5094c093047fa0.pngimage.png.a039677e4a6a5e94dbfc1dbd6dd52fd2.png

MARY SUE STAT:
Makes Rey what she is in the movies. Changes from 0 to 100.
As if there was anything Rey couldn't master in seconds.
Rey gains powers based on how close she is to perfection.
Not sure what desing for badge would look better, for now something like that.

image.png.1208bb6ef1dca507c04bc923c1d26ded.png 

>10
The ability to use the force is a skill that requires intense skill and learning. Not for Rey though.
- Force Telekinesis.
- Force Mind Trick.

>30
Rey is a Mary Sue but she isn't that powerful all things considered.
- Force Skype 2.0
- Force Push.

>60
Episode 9: Hold my force lightning!
- Force Lightning.
- Force Telekinesis deals damage to grabbed mobs.
- Adds +1 level to science and magic research.
- 10% chance to one-shot monsters with Heat Blade.
- 15% chance to evade any damage.

>90
Rey has attained such a high level of enlightment that she transcended such things as personality, balance, motivations, plot, tone, feelings, logic or coherent narrative itself.
- All recipes both science, magic and ancient become available. [Joda: "The knowledge of these books, Rey already posses."]
- 15% chance to one-shot monsters with any weapon.
- 25% chance to evade any damage.

Doing cool things increases Mary Sue stat, such as:
- Killing things.
- Being on low health/sanity or both.

Doing uncool things reduces Mary Sue stat, such as:
- Eating.
- Sleeping.
- Being near Science Stations (Science Machine, Alchemy Engine etc).

I am a coder and made a bunch of mods already. [My workshop https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198094270300/myworkshopfiles/ ] 
If you want to help with:
- textures,
- quotes,
- good ideas,
- code,
You are welcome.
Artist capable of drawing character textures (especially faces) is most needed, I can draw items, but struggle to make heads/faces to look any good.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

3 hours ago, Desblat said:

- Eating.
- Sleeping.

That moment when you realize you are the least cool person around :wilson_cry:

Jokes aside, seems really nice! Keep up the good work! 

Spoiler alert my dude. A lot of people haven't seen the new movie yet and you just blew a big, albeit dumb, reveal. 

I'm starting a new thread.

Harry Potter fans here? Making a Snape kills Dumbledore mod, need feedback on ideas and art. 

6th Sense fans here? Making a he was dead the whole time mod, need feedback on ideas and art.

1 hour ago, Zeklo said:
  Hide contents

Maybe don't include the Last Name in the title? I already had a bunch spoiled for me so whatever but come on man.

The reveal doesnt affect any character in the movie and doesnt change anything. Rey doesnt care, writers dont care. Trust me you aint losing anything. 

1 hour ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Spoiler alert my dude. A lot of people haven't seen the new movie yet and you just blew a big, albeit dumb, reveal. 

I'm starting a new thread.

Harry Potter fans here? Making a Snape kills Dumbledore mod, need feedback on ideas and art. 

6th Sense fans here? Making a he was dead the whole time mod, need feedback on ideas and art.

Valid point

3 hours ago, -Animaster- said:

I really like the idea of having a ranged weapon. Actually, I wanted to suggest DST devs to create a new character that could specialize in ranged weapons.

Rip warbucks

4 hours ago, Owlrus98 said:

Not OP enough, should start with everything pre-crafted and with ancient fuelweaver boss drops

Jockes aside, I want her to be both powerful and interesting to play. 

3 hours ago, Mr. Despair said:

She should not be able to die and beat every boss with five hits, also she needs to have the "Angry/confused face with open mouth" all the time.

And have all the trailers start with her heavy breathing.

9 minutes ago, Desblat said:

Trust me you aint losing anything.

The importance of something to someone else isn't up for you to gauge. 
I myself personally don't care, true. Doesn't mean it wouldn't bother someone else though.

Regardless, thanks for changing the title. Be mindful.

57 minutes ago, 1bubbainpa said:

This thread is pretty angsty, ngl. Just because you hated the movie doesn’t mean you need to smear it on the don’t starve forums.

he made one comment about the movie in this thread. and before anyone brings it up, no, I do not consider the mary sue meter as a comment about the movie since it's a part of the mod.

5 hours ago, NormalPinkerton said:

he made one comment about the movie in this thread. and before anyone brings it up, no, I do not consider the mary sue meter as a comment about the movie since it's a part of the mod.

It 100% is though:

19 hours ago, Desblat said:

Mary Sue: She gains powers because she is awesome.

MARY SUE STAT:
Makes Rey what she is in the movies. Changes from 0 to 100.
As if there was anything Rey couldn't master in seconds.
Rey gains powers based on how close she is to perfection.

The ability to use the force is a skill that requires intense skill and learning. Not for Rey though.

Rey is a Mary Sue but she isn't that powerful all things considered.

Rey has attained such a high level of enlightment that she transcended such things as personality, balance, motivations, plot, tone, feelings, logic or coherent narrative itself.

Doing cool things increases Mary Sue stat, such as:
- Killing things.

- Eating.
- Sleeping

Like, 90% of this mod so far is a comment about about the movies. I'm honestly confused as to why OP would make a mod about a character they seem to dislike so much.

At first I was like "I don't like starwars"

But then I was like

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

Like, 90% of this mod so far is a comment about about the movies. I'm honestly confused as to why OP would make a mod about a character they seem to dislike so much.

Sometimes a show's true calling is camp...  See also: Street Fighter The Movie, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Tremors, and Addams Family

3 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

It 100% is though:

Because Rey power level is so illogical and inconsistant the whole thing becomes so funny. I like actress and Rey marauder origins, but I really dislike giving her so much powers unjustified like they did in the ep9. 

7 hours ago, NSAiswatchingus said:

Video games and animation have been the best mediums to tell the stories of the Star Wars universe. CHANGE MY MIND

IMO Best thing evere happend to Star Wars is Jedi Academy, I replay this game every year, fencing is so awesome in it. It shows Luke training people, it shows whats happening to galaxy after empire is defeated. 

3 hours ago, Superlucas1231 said:

I found the perfect art for you to use on your mod.

It basically summarizes Rey's complex and interesting character development as well as her complex and interesting relationships with her friends!

Reveal hidden contents

MarySue.thumb.jpg.b436e689932e67b1bb826064434be869.jpg

Rey pal, you don't look so good. 

Archived