Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs

13 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

looks very pretty, but I would expect the grumblebees to kill both houndiuses with this setup, unless you're Wendy. Do they not?

after just testing the arena, the bees did kill one of them, but oh well, i've got an extra and i never use houdiuses anyways

10 hours ago, Blue Moth said:

after just testing the arena, the bees did kill one of them, but oh well, i've got an extra and i never use houdiuses anyways

I wouldn't use them for BQ unless you put like 20, you'll end up wasting them; grumblebees group up on 1 at a time until they smash it. I'm very surprised one of them survived in your testing tbh.

6 hours ago, BeeClops said:

I wouldn't use them for BQ unless you put like 20, you'll end up wasting them; grumblebees group up on 1 at a time until they smash it. I'm very surprised one of them survived in your testing tbh.

In case you missed it, that's just an aesthetic setup done in Creative Mode and/or via console commands - there's a lot of Thulecite and Ancient Archive turf for example while Cave shard is deactivated (look at the Sink Hole spot missing its entrance).

Spoiler

missing-sinkhole.png.d9525c041caf8986815d2fa15773d4e9.png

Don't put too much functionality thought into it. In fact most setups from this thread are done via Creative Mode/console commands for fancies. The correct answer should be "one can put as many Houndi as c_give("eyeturret_item",N) ca give".

23 minutes ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

In case you missed it, that's just an aesthetic setup done in Creative Mode and/or via console commands - there's a lot of Thulecite and Ancient Archive turf for example while Cave shard is deactivated (look at the Sink Hole spot missing its entrance).

Hide contents

Don't put too much functionality thought into it. In fact most setups from this thread are done via Creative Mode/console commands for fancies. The correct answer should be "one can put as many Houndi as c_give("eyeturret_item",N) ca give".

This actually is not a creative build. That cave spot isn't missing, it's just barely out of range for rendering. The amount of archive turf, i will admit most of it is spawned. Since it is purely cosmetic i feel less guilty spawning turfs when i need to.

11 minutes ago, Blue Moth said:

This actually is not a creative build. That cave spot isn't missing, it's just barely out of range for rendering. The amount of archive turf, i will admit most of it is spawned. Since it is purely cosmetic i feel less guilty spawning turfs when i need to.

even if is made with commands, who cares? it looks nice and for that is the topic

on topic(still WIP)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.60c141e018a32cf1dd498e9cc584a76c.png

1 hour ago, x0-VERSUS-1y said:

Hide contents

the original screenshot did say it's "fashion and function", that's why I addressed the functionality part, otherwise I wouldn't have. Didn't notice the cave-in but I didn't really assume it's made legit or creative, I know a lot of the builds here are creative so I decided to not care about that part anymore.

divider.png.0b84af97a4253e0998484c46d2d8609d.png

Update

red.gif.38d3e278dab0a80aa7c353326d635bea.gif.4a415f6b690823759cd01f6a47a8fcf0.gif

dividerflipped.png.41258515cb6bd623cb51bc85942ffb4e.png

Due to multiple comments, complaints and concerns- I have updated the introduction post to this thread.

I have gone over the qualifications and reiterating "rules" for those who are confused or forgot.

You can click here to check it out directly but I will be reposting it here as well.

:wilson_love: 

divider.png.0b84af97a4253e0998484c46d2d8609d.png

This thread was made for everyone to be able to show off their builds. We encourage creativity so please do not criticize or talk down to anyone. Make sure everyone feels welcomed here; if you are caught picking on or making fun of anyone you will be asked to leave or reported depending on your history. 

exclamationpoint.png.c309b5b2bffba1a2512015f543dd19c8.png

There are no qualifications.

tickyes.gif.1bfbe0997f60bfed472e7aa4f90f5d38.gif Mods

tickyes.gif.1bfbe0997f60bfed472e7aa4f90f5d38.gif Console commands

tickyes.gif.1bfbe0997f60bfed472e7aa4f90f5d38.gif Both survival and creative builds

tickyes.gif.1bfbe0997f60bfed472e7aa4f90f5d38.gif DST, DS, SW & Hamlet

tickno.gif.6c6f80425f0e4070c3f4ec49422cccff.gif Toxic, condescending or possible rule-breaking behavior

Please checkout guidelines.

cherubsheart.gif.ba9a0b69c5af9f71c4264014f45dc4d2.gif.8dd1650723024b382e0553db1e461709.gif

break.png.17d95ef44131f6c9780051c0a6074cda.png.3e408529db050d329a6e3c455e800589.png

Mine were all made in Survival mode, but mostly by spawning things in, since in most cases it would've taken too long and/or stripped an area of more resources than I would feel okay doing (even if it IS just my own world).  Also since this is a Huge world and things are sometimes spaced far apart from each other, the build times would've been at least doubled with trips back and forth if I had to actually _get_ the materials.  (Not to mention I tend to travel pretty inventory-heavy, so I don't have that many slots available at any given time).

So it's good to know that spawned/creative mode stuff is still accepted here.  :)

If it helps, most of my fancier builds took over an entire season (including longer-than-usual randomised seasons) to make even WITH spawning things in, and I had to deal with stuff like lightning, wildfires, sandstorms and giants, in addition to routine problems like hounds.  The story of how I made my Ruins was especially epic--it involved life, death, fire, a Spider Queen, the most determined to die trees ever, murderous teenbirds, the Antlion and the Bearger.  (And then, JUST before the tree-spawning behavior was changed, the surrounding forest swallowed it whole.)

(Edit:   Apparently I don't know how to link to a specific post after all.  I was trying to show the "humorous backstory" post about the ruins)

To make my museum I had to don goggles and fight hounds in a sandstorm multiple times (and before that, part of the exhibit burned down TWICE from spring lightning!  Which caused me to swear on a sign next to the finally-made lightning rod. : P). 
And when I went back to check on my pig village, I found out that while I had proofed it against wildfires, I hadn't proofed it against giants--Mama Goose had made herself and her family at home there.  XD  (Fortunately only a bit of the outer fence was broken.)

And then there's the paranoia about fires I had while building the all-wood Viking longhouse, or worrying that the cherry trees would burn down when making the Japanese sand-garden...

In other words, sometimes even spawned builds can be an adventure!  If you're dumb and do so in Survival rather than Creative mode, like I did. : P

Edit:  I've never once spawned in anything that I flat out COULDN'T get the normal way.  No boss drops from mobs I'm not a good enough fighter to beat, or rare ruins stuff, or anything like that.  Just ordinary materials like stone, wood and gold.

...Notorious

3 hours ago, gaymime said:

how should i deal with bats

Houndius shootus or/and bunnymen. The first one should be safer for you and btw dont build just one, but at least 5 of them or more. Walls dont really helps with bats, but can mess with their pathfinding. 

Welcome to Rhovious' Radiant Residence, where we dabbled in the arcane and scientific arts of the Architect Pack made by Kynoox.
It's not honest, but it's much.

The Manor itself:

Spoiler

1.PNG

La Cuisine: 

Spoiler

3.PNG

Our Armory was hit by a lunar meteor which led to the demise of one of the 4 eternal chandeliers:

Spoiler

2.PNG

The Pink Courtyard:

Spoiler

4.PNG

The Entrance Gardens have overgrown a bit, seems like I need to fire the gardeneer:

Spoiler

5.PNG

The Rhoyal Farms:

Spoiler

6.PNG

The Ancient Tombs, containing the Arcane Core which powers the magic of our realm:

Spoiler

7.PNG

11 hours ago, AleksyPL said:

This my Honey farm and the old farms...

i should build more decorations, but i am not good at buildings so i am still learning

beefarm.png

Good job. You are making ur first step with decorating through symmetry but why did you have to trigger my OCDwith the honey farm

divider.png.7660b938a890e40e060e1203cf8469a9.png

Currently redesigning my world to fit the Victorian theme I want.

(WIP)

Bee Zone

960585930_Screenshot(1914).thumb.png.10ad69fde46d5f49a377d01e2b7c7c34.png

640837382_Screenshot(1915).thumb.png.f792af17853687680dbc9a97d0fb45e8.png

I've already made changes but then Winter hit and I refuse to take screen shots during the off-seasons. If you haven't noticed; I mostly take my screenshots during dusk. I like the "dim" lighting and the warm tone of it. I also noticed my bee boxes are off in symmetry by a bit, I'll have to fix it.
:wilson_resigned:

divider.png.7660b938a890e40e060e1203cf8469a9.png

The reason there are bees still out during dusk is because I caught and released some— making them homeless. I'm hoping they will plant more flowers in the spots that I am unable to plant them on my own; since you cannot plant butterflies down too close to certain structures and it's already a tight squeeze as it is. 

*bzzz**bzzz*

"When their link to a Beehive is severed (either through catch-and-release or by destroying the hive) a Bee will gain the ability to spawn a new Flower after pollinating a minimum of 6 different Flowers. They can't be forced to spawn Flowers like captive Butterflies, but will do so every once in a while on their own. Evil Flowers can also be spread in this manner if a Bee pollinates 6 of them. Hiveless Bees will pollinate Flowers through Dusk since they have no hive to go home to during that time."

Which variety of flower is your favorite? Mine is this one.

Flowers1.png.089bd6d2e26444b5f8ba238346c59f05.png

Archived