Decorations, Shrines and Base Designs

I wanted to place some chests by the Ancient Pseudoscience Station to hold all the thulecite, ruins gems and construction amulets, so I wouldn't need to carry them from the surface to the ruins and back again.

I ended up turning the place into a miniature underground beach resort (which is now a combination of words that exists).

20201107223010_1.thumb.jpg.36155cc9b67c95b6456af8fd6ccb6a4a.jpg20201107223014_1.thumb.jpg.abcaeb41e47e73d16560aa470e85776f.jpg

On 11/8/2020 at 10:49 AM, QuartzBeam said:

I wanted to place some chests by the Ancient Pseudoscience Station to hold all the thulecite, ruins gems and construction amulets, so I wouldn't need to carry them from the surface to the ruins and back again.

I ended up turning the place into a miniature underground beach resort (which is now a combination of words that exists).

20201107223010_1.thumb.jpg.36155cc9b67c95b6456af8fd6ccb6a4a.jpg20201107223014_1.thumb.jpg.abcaeb41e47e73d16560aa470e85776f.jpg

Hold the phone, do you have Eels in those Fish Containers?? ( I forget the actual term for them). Is that due to a mod or can I do that as well on console??

Wish there was a thread for console commands builds and a separate one for legit builds, for people who play without console commands or just on console to inspire from.

It's personal preference and i don't have anything against people who enjoy the game this way, but i can't really enjoy spawned in builds knowing how much works it take to get them normally, it's a completely different game. Also i can't inspire my builds from them, for the most part.

3 hours ago, BeeClops said:

Wish there was a thread for console commands builds and a separate one for legit builds, for people who play without console commands or just on console to inspire from.

It's personal preference and i don't have anything against people who enjoy the game this way, but i can't really enjoy spawned in builds knowing how much works it take to get them normally, it's a completely different game. Also i can't inspire my builds from them, for the most part.

splitting the types would also eventually cause a fracturing for people who like modded items and systems(personally i like mods that let me plant things close together and dig up/replant things that are normally undiggable) and builds that take advantages of glitches and oversights in the programming(like close-building and building on the edge of land before the update). in the end the threads for basebuilding could get quite weedy and thin and end up closing down like they used to since it would be a lot more rare for someone to post anything in a given thread and klei tends to lock threads that dont get posted in for a while

i suppose the tl;dr is that it might be more of a bad thing than a good one to fracture the base-building community by build methods since there arent enough of us to sustain multiple threads/

perhaps people agreeing to mention the build method they used at the top of their post for people who do not know the game well enough to tell what is created the standard way and what isn't?

5 hours ago, BeeClops said:

You can go on and make that thread if you wish it existed. Could be interesting. I’ve played on PS4 for years and there are no console commands, I can deff appreciate builds done legitimately- it’s a lot of work and time consuming and rewarding. I mostly just spawn in extra exotic berry bushes when playing on PC since those are limited and I love building with them. On PS4 I would use the cave duplication glitch to duplicate them. 

Regardless I wanted to make a thread that didn’t segregate anyone. I love seeing builds whether in DST or single player, creative mode or not. x

15 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

it matters? is clear when a build is made with mods or console commands but it will could bring inspiration for a legit build

For me it matters a lot yes, and i said why, i make a clear distinction between console builds and normal ones, everyone else is free not to.

The thing is 80%+ of the builds here are made with the use of commands, if not more. And when i see people claiming them as obtained fairly it's funny, but a little bothering too, because you're only gonna make that mistake if you never did it legit(this is probably what triggered my initial post). I won't get into any specifics because i don't want to derail this thread more than i did. I think this also discourages some average builds from being posted, which will look like nothing compared to some c_give("dragonscales",1850) ones. And i'm sure newer players don't make the difference between what is console and what is not that easily either, it's hard for me to distinguish some of them.

Sure i can start that thread, i might, but i'm never really satisfied with my builds; and i also see the point in segregation being bad, we're not that big of a community anyway. 

7 hours ago, BeeClops said:

I think this also discourages some average builds from being posted, which will look like nothing compared to some c_give("dragonscales",1850) ones. And i'm sure newer players don't make the difference between what is console and what is not that easily either, it's hard for me to distinguish some of them.

I don’t think a lot of people know that some “expensive” items can be duplicated (without any glitches) by using green gems. For my builds requiring lots of “expensive” materials this is where the green gems I have rotting in a chest get dusted off and used. Scales, shroom skin, thulicite are all things I duplicate using green gems. 

Scales - craft scaled flooring for 1 scale and get 4 flooring. Deconstruct scaled flooring turf for 1 scale back each in return. That’s 4 scales out of 1. 

Shroomskin - requires you to kill misery toadstool to get the napsack blueprint. Craft napsack with 1 shroom skin and get 4 napsack. Deconstruct to get 1 skin back each in return. That’s 4 skin out of 1. 

Thulicite - Wear a construction amulet to craft thulicite armors, deconstruct each to get more thulicite back. 

Stuff like this for long term worlds is relatively easy since at that point you usually have an over abundance of materials. Those trying to build miraculously in an early game is a bit unrealistic. 

7 hours ago, BeeClops said:

For me it matters a lot yes, and i said why, i make a clear distinction between console builds and normal ones, everyone else is free not to.

The thing is 80%+ of the builds here are made with the use of commands, if not more. And when i see people claiming them as obtained fairly it's funny, but a little bothering too, because you're only gonna make that mistake if you never did it legit(this is probably what triggered my initial post). I won't get into any specifics because i don't want to derail this thread more than i did. I think this also discourages some average builds from being posted, which will look like nothing compared to some c_give("dragonscales",1850) ones. And i'm sure newer players don't make the difference between what is console and what is not that easily either, it's hard for me to distinguish some of them.

Sure i can start that thread, i might, but i'm never really satisfied with my builds; and i also see the point in segregation being bad, we're not that big of a community anyway. 

i feel a bit uncomfortable with this statement as i do my builds mostly legit(though i do outright state when i use cheating to dig up plants or to make floor tiles) and there are a fair few people on here who i know also do their builds without cheating or modding. assuredly more than the "20%" you are suggesting, there is also something to be said about saying a build is almost indistinguishable from vanilla while also saying it is unreplicateable... which is it? is it something that is so close to what a person can build on their own that someone could actually recreate it nearly perfectly or is it distinct enough from the original so as not to be repeatable and therefore be too unique to confuse for a vanilla build? please do not think i am just trying to fight here, i honestly do not understand how these builds can be both

a small nitpick as well though, i dont think you meant inspirational when you were talking before, i think you meant copyable since one can be inspired by many things they cannot replicate themselves and not being able to find inspiration in things outside of your own skillset seems dubious

1 hour ago, reichull said:

I don’t think a lot of people know that some “expensive” items can be duplicated (without any glitches) by using green gems. For my builds requiring lots of “expensive” materials this is where the green gems I have rotting in a chest get dusted off and used. Scales, shroom skin, thulicite are all things I duplicate using green gems. 

Scales - craft scaled flooring for 1 scale and get 4 flooring. Deconstruct scaled flooring turf for 1 scale back each in return. That’s 4 scales out of 1. 

Shroomskin - requires you to kill misery toadstool to get the napsack blueprint. Craft napsack with 1 shroom skin and get 4 napsack. Deconstruct to get 1 skin back each in return. That’s 4 skin out of 1. 

Thulicite - Wear a construction amulet to craft thulicite armors, deconstruct each to get more thulicite back. 

Stuff like this for long term worlds is relatively easy since at that point you usually have an over abundance of materials. Those trying to build miraculously in an early game is a bit unrealistic. 

I know all of these, but getting 40+ green gems is not an easy or fast job :)

@gaymime, it doesn't look like you're trying to fight me don't worry, I understand where you're coming from and i don't wish to insult anyone that puts time and effort in their builds with this.

41 minutes ago, BeeClops said:

I know all of these, but getting 40+ green gems is not an easy or fast job :)

few fw and df kills and you will have more green gems that you will never use and isnt neccessary reach 40 and i dont think that 80% of the screen shots here were with console commnands...

if we split vanilla from commands then we will need to split vanilla between moded or not moded, with rollbacks and without, etc. The tryharding never ends

on topic:

20201114233520_1.thumb.jpg.7d7d953a416bf56756f4077912800f74.jpg

Archived