Next Roadmap?

How soon do you think Klei'll release the 2020 roadmap? I hope it's in January or February at the latest. I think it is needed as soon as possible because there is much discord amongst the community about these recent updates +  late reworks. We were teased with the Ancient Gateway and "new worlds" but nothing came of that. If anything, at least let us know who the next reworks will be. I'd be fine with them dropping multiple at a time, just make team-up shorts instead of focusing on a character individually. I think intervals are so long between reworks because of the cinematics. I'd be fine with comics for each character at the expense of a lack of cinematics. Thoughts?

On 12/12/2019 at 11:55 AM, Jason said:

We have been working on finishing the Year of the Carrat event that will be coming toward the end of January, so that's where we are going to be focusing our time. We will likely be announcing info about the next character update and next update for Return of Them.

Maybe when the year of the carrat is released?

24 minutes ago, WoodieMain45684 said:

Maybe when the year of the carrat is released?

So about mid-jan to early feb, I think. I just hope they drop something by then detailing what's next. The 2019 roadmap came a bit late and so far the updates have been controversial. Character reworks obviously took longer than expected, but that's all right. I hope they've perfected the process now and we get more consistent updates. 

2 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

So about mid-jan to early feb, I think. I just hope they drop something by then detailing what's next. The 2019 roadmap came a bit late and so far the updates have been controversial. Character reworks obviously took longer than expected, but that's all right. I hope they've perfected the process now and we get more consistent updates. 

I don’t, I hope they read the forums and see what’s most popular amongst the people who are playing the game.

for example most pc players are completely against Forge and Gorge, Shipwrecked and Hamlet content being added into the game. They say it’s because it does not fit the lore or the games Atmosphere- But the real reason is because they have access to Mods that let them add that content into their game Already and they feel that if Klei was to take the time to add it into the game- It would be a waste of time and resources that could’ve went towards adding completely brand new Biomes and content.

Where as Console players who don’t have access to Mods have to hope Klei takes the time to at least port said Mods to the console versions so that we too can enjoy them.

but that’s just World gen and Biomes- I Also hope they read player ideas on Reworks and then even after releasing the Reworked character continue to modify and tweak it based off their community feedback.

like for example when they Reworked Woodie- let’s face it he absolutely sucked.. Goose form couldn’t even fly over water! And each form form only lasted a tiny while. Now it lasts quite a bit longer and he has now since then been updated and it’s thanks to player feedback :) 

I do not mind AT ALL that character Reworks are taking a little longer then they originally planned- i would much rather have something unique and thought out instead of hastily thrown together to reach a deadline.

6 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

New lands. Not new worlds.

Pretty sure the Lunar Island falls (pun intended) into that.

Yeah but do keep in mind that single player Don’t Starve also has a 5 chapter campaign that actually DOES require you to travel through 5 different worlds, each one with a unique gameplay gimmick in order to complete the game.. So far- DST doesn’t have that level of Content, but that’s not to say that it isn’t in their plans at some point.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Yeah but do keep in mind that single player Don’t Starve also has a 5 chapter campaign that actually DOES require you to travel through 5 different worlds, each one with a unique gameplay gimmick in order to complete the game.. So far- DST doesn’t have that level of Content, but that’s not to say that it isn’t in their plans at some point.

The gimmicks were akin to world options, really.

Plus it's unlikely they'll add additional cave-like instances because the whole point of merging the caves and ruins [in Together] was to eliminate the need for more than two shards.

23 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

The gimmicks were akin to world options, really.

Plus it's unlikely they'll add additional cave-like instances because the whole point of merging the caves and ruins [in Together] was to eliminate the need for more than two shards.

What? Lol no.. I’m talking more along the lines of assembling “The Wooden Thing” Which then took you to a brand new chapter within your 5 world campaign, once you left chapter 1 you couldn’t go back to it, so it’s NOTHING at all like adding a new cave or shard or whatever.

3 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t, I hope they read the forums and see what’s most popular amongst the people who are playing the game.

for example most pc players are completely against Forge and Gorge, Shipwrecked and Hamlet content being added into the game. They say it’s because it does not fit the lore or the games Atmosphere- But the real reason is because they have access to Mods that let them add that content into their game Already and they feel that if Klei was to take the time to add it into the game- It would be a waste of time and resources that could’ve went towards adding completely brand new Biomes and content.

Where as Console players who don’t have access to Mods have to hope Klei takes the time to at least port said Mods to the console versions so that we too can enjoy them.

image.thumb.png.324328b348a4320e71dbcc07b4451b64.png

First of all, only 13 out of 64 who voted were truly and totally against the idea of adding previous event's content to the base game. The rest agreed or were undecided.

image.thumb.png.92a0507a0b268d40056b969ae29c2969.png

Second, there were only 4 votes out of 29 stating that the aforementioned access to mods was they reason that the voters disagreed with the addition of said content. The majority of the voters state the reason that adding the content was unnecessary.

Third, there was no distinction between PC and console players. So don't willingly label those who answered the poll PC players right off the bat.

Fourth, the "There are already mods for this" option is naturally restricted to those who used mods. Not all PC players condone the use of mods. Nor is this option designed to belittle console players for their lack of access to mods - if anything, I placed it there just because I assumed a few people would have brought it up if I didn't.

Please stop misinterpreting my poll. Not only is it bad enough that you willingly twisted the facts presented to you just to prove your case that we PC players apparently do not care about console players' plight, you've also decided to spread around these ideas of yours, creating an avenue for misinformation and conflict.

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

What? Lol no.. I’m talking more along the lines of assembling “The Wooden Thing” Which then took you to a brand new chapter within your 5 world campaign, once you left chapter 1 you couldn’t go back to it, so it’s NOTHING at all like adding a new cave or shard or whatever.

And what about everyone who isn't going on this adventure? They just get obliterated? Kicked out? Dragged into something that they don't even wanna do?

There's a lot of things to consider in a multiplayer environment. 

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

image.thumb.png.324328b348a4320e71dbcc07b4451b64.png

First of all, only 13 out of 64 who voted were truly and totally against the idea of adding previous event's content to the base game. The rest agreed or were undecided.

image.thumb.png.92a0507a0b268d40056b969ae29c2969.png

Second, there were only 4 votes out of 29 stating that the aforementioned access to mods was they reason that the voters disagreed with the addition of said content. The majority of the voters state the reason that adding the content was unnecessary.

Third, there was no distinction between PC and console players. So don't willingly label those who answered the poll PC players right off the bat.

Fourth, the "There are already mods for this" option is naturally restricted to those who used mods. Not all PC players condone the use of mods. Nor is this option designed to belittle console players for their lack of access to mods - if anything, I placed it there just because I assumed a few people would have brought it up if I didn't.

Please stop misinterpreting my poll. Not only is it bad enough that you willingly twisted the facts presented to you just to prove your case that we PC players apparently do not care about console players' plight, you've also decided to spread around these ideas of yours, creating an avenue for misinformation and conflict.

??? Not trying to start a conflict, just stating that we don’t have access to mod our worlds like PC players Can, HOWEVER there are some games that actually DO take player created Mods from the PC and then they turn them into actual DLC content for Console Players to also Enjoy.

one Such mod is the ICE DRAGONS and RAGNAROK Map for the game Ark Survival Evolved.

The Developers at their own desecration, reserve full rights to take any player created modded content and modify and use that content like that to their own liking.

(In other words- Klei can take the Re-Gorgeittated Mod and make it part of the actual game without providing any sort of compensation to them modders who built said Mod.)

I’ve voiced my opinion- & have also provided a legitimate excellent example with the case above, however if the way I word things has offended anyone I do apologize. :( 

2 hours ago, Zeklo said:

And what about everyone who isn't going on this adventure? They just get obliterated? Kicked out? Dragged into something that they don't even wanna do?

There's a lot of things to consider in a multiplayer environment. 

See this is where PC and Console differentiate: On PC there are dedicated servers that are ran 24/7..

On Consoles Servers are only ran for as long as the person Hosting the session feels like playing the game.

So to answer your question- I believe the best answer to that would be that only the HOST can choose to power on “The Wooden Thing.” Everyone else is only there along for the ride in the hosts world anyway.. they can’t leave the game with items from my world and take them to theirs, So therefore- The host should be the only one allowed to flip the wooden thing switch.

Thats my answer for Console at least.. Over on PC I assume it could work the same way.. and just be completely disabled altogether for your 24/7 dedicated worlds.

I do like the addition of the seas and the lunar island. However, content wise, it’s just a bunch of added fluff. Nothing is necessary, or even that useful to the game. Malbatross feathers? A salt box? Nothing very exciting or game breaking.  A new boss or 2 should be added to the lunar island or the seas. 
Next would be caves. The ancient gateway. It should probably lead us somewhere in the future. 

In my years of playing this game I feel like it’s content has been updated very slowly. Almost like 1  expansion in 3 years.  I mentioned last year about PS5 and it will be here soon. I still wonder about Klei and DST plans for PS5. 

On 20/12/2019 at 3:09 AM, Mike23Ua said:

they said that they cant, for that the ruins are in the same level than the regular caves and only 1 per world. 

But maybe they have update the servers or the code to achive differents worlds in one 

14 minutes ago, thetricker1 said:

they said that they cant, for that the ruins are in the same level than the regular caves and only 1 per world. 

But maybe they have update the servers or the code to achive differents worlds in one 

No your misunderstanding, in Adventure Mode once you LEAVE a world you can NEVER return back to it.. so there are no need for multiple worlds/shards or whatever you want to call them to run on the same server.

Basically you pretty much just started completely over- BUT you would start over with a brand new world gimmick in place, like here are a few examples:

Lights Out- (it’s always dark and you have to navigate with various light sources to complete the world) 

Absolute Madness- (the worlds Biomes are separated by bridges of land that are pillared off by Obsidian Pillars and the ONLY way to raise or lower the Pillars is to go fully Insane, or Fully Sane) & yes I know what your thinking... just build a boat and cross that way- NOPE because I would Pillar off the ENTIRE ISLAND using the Pillar Borders making it Required that you abide by the gimmick and not attempt to exploit past it.

these are just two fun suggestions I had, that could really change up the way people play the game- but in the Original DS Game the ACTUAL Chapters you had to Navigate through were:

A Cold Reception, The Game is Afoot, King of Winter, Archipelago, Two Worlds, Darkness, Checkmate.

you only had to navigate through 5 of these to complete the game.. but for Anyone who is only going to respond to this post with an annoying confused Emote HERE is a link for you-

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Adventure_Mode

DST does not currently HAVE a 5 chapter Adventure Mode- But that’s not to say that they won’t ever add it if they can find a way to make it work.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

No your misunderstanding, in Adventure Mode once you LEAVE a world you can NEVER return back to it.. so there are no need for multiple worlds/shards or whatever you want to call them to run on the same server.

Basically you pretty much just started completely over- BUT you would start over with a brand new world gimmick in place, like here are a few examples:

Lights Out- (it’s always dark and you have to navigate with various light sources to complete the world) 

Absolute Madness- (the worlds Biomes are separated by bridges of land that are pillared off by Obsidian Pillars and the ONLY way to raise or lower the Pillars is to go fully Insane, or Fully Sane) & yes I know what your thinking... just build a boat and cross that way- NOPE because I would Pillar off the ENTIRE ISLAND using the Pillar Borders making it Required that you abide by the gimmick and not attempt to exploit past it.

these are just two fun suggestions I had, that could really change up the way people play the game- but in the Original DS Game the ACTUAL Chapters you had to Navigate through were:

A Cold Reception, The Game is Afoot, King of Winter, Archipelago, Two Worlds, Darkness, Checkmate.

you only had to navigate through 5 of these to complete the game.. but for Anyone who is only going to respond to this post with an annoying confused Emote HERE is a link for you-

https://dontstarve.fandom.com/wiki/Adventure_Mode

DST does not currently HAVE a 5 chapter Adventure Mode- But that’s not to say that they won’t ever add it if they can find a way to make it work.

oh, ye. could be interesting a way to reset the world like in vanilla. 

2 hours ago, Gourmand said:

It's over now. Roadmap time.

I kinda expect it on late January like last time around, perhaps around the time when Winter's Feast will be over but there'll still be time/it'll be the time to anounce Yeat of the Carrat event. Well, I'll drop a fanmade one here for fun:

Roadmap anouncement for 2020

Welcome to the next decade everyone! It has been a stellar year for Don't Starve Together and we have no plans of stopping the momentum of new content this year. You can expect the character reworks to keep on coming all throughout 2020 and you may be excited to see some familiar faces that haven't found the chance to starve together with our survivors yet. We're pleased to anounce Wendy as our next rework character and you can expect her rework to arrive on early March. Prepare yourselves for some heartbreaking story reveal for what has transpired in the life of our young but melodramatic survivor and her sister before stepping into the constant.

20200102_054302.jpg.3c9aec9824a6138199a4ebf90a69f36a.jpg

As for the Return of Them lineup of pdates, we'll be continuing to preiodically add in new content brought to you thanks to the moon and 'them'. Like the past updates, we'll first release open beta branches for our PC players, who we thank for their continuous support and contributions through betatesting and feedback. After some time in beta testing for finalization, we'll release them across all our platforms along with a cinematic. We haven't forgotten our wonderful console players either so this year they may expect a little exclusive update to the shop in order to make the transactions less tedious for them.

We finally plan to return working on our rewards system that we introduced in 2019. We sincerely apologize for having to neglect it for so long due to various misfortunes at our studios. This year you may expect some previously available items to return and fill the shelves of our rewards page. We'll keep you updated on that.

We're pleased to anounce that the DLC characters we added to the game last year brought great feedback and support to our game. This year around we plan to release three more of these characters. As usual, you'll be able to purchase them in the in-game store either by themselves or alongside the skin packs we'll be releasing with them or you can weave them with your spools. You might be excited to hear that a familiar banana loving troublemaker from our singleplayer Don't Starve game will be amongst the newcomers.

After a wonderfully chilly Winter's Feast, what's better to celebrate the arrival of 2020 with our annual Chinese New Year event. This year it is the Year of the Carrat so expect the spotlight to on our little leafy friends from the lunar island. Our team worked really hard on bringing new content for the event so we hope you'll enjoy it, which we'll be releasing in a couple of weeks. Similar to last year's Year of the Pig King event, we plan to implement some of the exclusive content in this years event to the whole year ad a permanent addition so after the event, you can keep an eye out for it. As our little annual tradition, we'll also be rewarding a loyal skin and the swoon emoticon for all our players who log in to their game around the Valentines day this year. Remember to spread the love.

The Twitch stream skin drops will also be continuing this year and after a brief seasonal break, the cristaline collection is making a comeback more cristalized than ever. It's the last week to get the Klaus Cap items from streams and next week Glass Eyebrella items will replace them as our new Twitch drops. For more information on how to obtain them, be sure to check out our new drop anouncement thread.

playerportrait_bg_eyebrellahatcrystal.png.e3b84c73f995fb62e7016e1cfaf48ef5.png.891947a48af89034cb162b40f4ebd1f0.png

We are really excited for 2020 and what it will bring to our survivors. As the lovely comunity of our game, you have our utmost gratitude for supporting us in this journey. We hope you'll share the same sentiments we felt expanding the content with love and care. Above all else, keep enjoying what you do best and never forget to keep on don't starving. Together.

Archived