If Don't Starve become a cartoon, what would you want it to be about?

Don't Starve show theme  

102 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want?

• I want it to be episodic and have a story but still have it's classic humour
    • I want it to be humorous and not focus on anything particular
    • I want it to be Grim-Dark and depressing
    • Wheeler
    • Pssh- I'd rather have a movie
    • The shorts will do fam

If it wouldn't have Wilson asking where is base, Maxwell slapping Wilson in the face for asking such a disgusting question, Willow setting everything on fire, Wes being dead, Wolfgang exclaiming how much better he is than you, Wickerbottom producing lots of cheese with her books, Wurt infecting the world with swamp plague, Webber planting spiderdens around the portal, Wigfrid screaming in chat that she's starving, and finally Wortox preforming epic fortnite dances then I will not watch and I will give it a -100% on rottentomatoes.

The Injustice games are both a Comic book and a video game they tell the story leading up to the games via Comics, and then after the games conclusion continue the story where the game left off at.

For example- During Injustice 2 Superman is the main big evil bad guy, but after the game ends.. continued through Comics they told the story of how Superman is killed by He-Man infused with the powers of Shazam.

Honestly it is a very confusing franchise to follow if you don’t play the games AND read the Comics tied to them..

But if ANY game in the world needed to tell a story through Comics or Cartoons that tie into the game it’s Don’t Starve.. so I would defiantly love to see this idea explored further.

Anything that can shed some light on the DST world, it’s cast of wacky characters and it’s lore would probably be much appreciated by its fans. :)

11 minutes ago, Warbucks said:

If it wouldn't have Wilson asking where is base, Maxwell slapping Wilson in the face for asking such a disgusting question, Willow setting everything on fire, Wes being dead, Wolfgang exclaiming how much better he is than you, Wickerbottom producing lots of cheese with her books, Wurt infecting the world with swamp plague, Webber planting spiderdens around the portal, Wigfrid screaming in chat that she's starving, and finally Wortox preforming epic fortnite dances then I will not watch and I will give it a -100% on rottentomatoes.

It'd be the worst fuckin thing if it didn't xD

I think it'd be cool to see a comedy spoof like Total Drama Island but featuring the characters from the constant spawned into different worlds for their challenges letting the different characters interact in fun ways.  Or a super mysterious salad fingers type horror made up of shorts that rarely answered as many questions as they left you asking similar to silent hill.

5 minutes ago, mathem99 said:

I want the cartoons to tell us the story of Warbucks

Episode 1: Warbucks crashes his balloon onto the plateau and has to search for food. He gathers a nice supply of asparagus and radishes, but quickly gives them up to a pack of pogs who can tell he's absolutely spineless and can be scared into giving them food with just a few barks. He then tries climbing up trees to get to bird nests, but only finds scorpions and nearly gets impaled by their stingers. Desperate and starving, he scrapes the bottom of stone slabs for bean bugs and gummy slugs, but his stomach can't handle them and he vomits off the edge of the plateau.

Episode 2: Warbucks finds the Hamlet, but considers himself too good for the pigs that live there, and leaves back to the wild. Five minutes later, he runs screaming to the royal guards because every snaptooth on the plateau is attracted to the strong smell of rotten meat that constantly emanates from him. The guards deal with the snaptooths for him, and then set him to work cleaning the streets of manure with a little bucket and a trowel.

Episode 3: Warbucks is thrown out of the Hamlet because he verbally threatened a shopkeeper multiple times over the price of their honey hams, he then nearly starves in the rainforest and has to eat the blood-drained glowfly corpses from spider monkey webs while they sleep. He quickly develops a taste for those corpses, and attempts to follow the spider monkeys around and keep eating their leftovers, but he accidentally tries to eat from a glowfly cocoon and then has to climb a great leafy stalk to escape the hundreds of rabid beetles that hatch around him.

Episode 4: After being pooped on by a pigeon while trying to sneak into the Hamlet, Warbucks drops all of his plans and swears he will kill it. He sets up shoddily-made traps around the city in an attempt to catch the pigeon, but is apprehended by the royal guards when one of his traps catches a live piglet inside. Before Warbucks can be taken to prison, the Roc flies over the city and drops a massive dung pile directly onto him, and the guards flee. The pigeon then lands on Warbucks's head, coos loudly at him, then steals his glasses and flies away.

Episode 5: Wormwood is born and comes across Warbucks, who is trying to steal from his tomb. Wormwood imprints on Warbucks immediately, and starts following him around and seeking affection like a puppy. Unfortunately for Warbucks, Lush season has just begun and he's incredibly allergic to Wormwood. When he realizes he's not going to be able to get rid of Wormwood, Warbucks begrudgingly takes him along on an expedition to the Pugalisk's island, where hijinks ensue after Warbucks steals from the fountain of youth and then has to attempt to outrun the Pugalisk while sneezing like a madman. After they narrowly escape, Warbucks is about to drink the magic water, but gets hugged by Wormwood and lets out a gigantic sneeze that flings the water onto the ground. The magic flower sprouts up and Wormwood falls in love with it, so Warbucks ditches them both.

Episode 6: When he manages to sneak into the city again, an old Pig warns Warbucks of the coming Aporkalypse and he comes up with a plan to assemble the Ancient Hulk to protect himself (and only himself). He spends a full four days attempting to move one (1) of the Hulk's legs and can't even make it budge. Wheeler then walks over, slings it over her shoulder, and assembles the Hulk herself. Warbucks refuses to use this Ancient Hulk because it was assembled by a woman, and he's eaten alive by a swarm of vampire bats on the first day of the Aporkalypse.

I started writing these out as a joke, but honestly I got pretty into it as I kept going. Warbucks's problem was simply that as the protagonist to a sandbox game like DS, he will inevitably succeed in his goal of "colonizing" the Hamlet pigs and taking (almost) complete control of their world. As a cartoon character, I feel like he would work really well as a jerk that you just want to watch get his face kicked in by an unforgiving world like DS's.

I highly doubt we'll ever get a cartoon show, but if we were to get one, i'd imagine  it just being episodic shenanigans where anything goes, and any of the survivors  could be any of the  episodes '    focus.  i feel like plots could get completely nuts each episode but it could still work. 

the TRUE question is, however, would there be voice acting if this were to exist? or would it be silent cartoons? 

44 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

[snip]

I'm minding my own business, and I see unread messages on the thread, I hop on and I see an entire page of episode concepts for a series focusing on Warbucks adventures in the Hamlets.

Thank you for bringing this into my life, I never knew I needed this before.

4 hours ago, CameoAppearance said:

I'd want the characters to have their instrument voices with subtitles, honestly. It's quirky!

I actually think I would want this as well! As much as I'd like to hear my favorite DS characters voiced, keeping the instrument voices and adding subtitles, or even having no subtitles and having to rely on the characters gestures and facial expressions would make for a very fun show!

Archived