Zeklo    17,409

It seems to me like too much time to cover something little but not enough time to cover anything major.

Even though it would be less likely I could sorta see it as a series? Twenty minutes to cover subplots or whatever.

The glaring issue I see would be the lack of dialogue (voices would feel out of place). Voiceless can definitely work, but has its own problems.

As far as what to actually cover, I think out of world (the Constant) things would be best. I'm not to fond of the idea of covering the survivors going through the seasons. It would be kinda neat for the character to character interactions but just like how scarce lore is in-game, it would be a lot of filler between story progession.

As said, the Willaim Carter puzzles would be a good choice. Very much a "character study" on Maxwell becoming what he is today, and a good intro to the Don't Starve world. 

Since it is the intro to the Don't Starve world.

Edited by Zeklo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mooagain    1,566

I really want something like this. A feature length film might not be possible, but it wouldn't take to much to make something 20-30 minutes in length. Maybe the Wilson or Maxwell short could be be that long.

• Like 3

Slagger    167
8 hours ago, Zeklo said:

voices would feel out of place

I think voice will not be a problem.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

minespatch    60,891
16 minutes ago, Slagger said:

I think voice will not be a problem.

Klei should get Lord Sludge's Emmet to play Maxwell.:wilson_ecstatic:

• Like 1

Brago-sama    1,355

And of course who else but Kayzie Roger's (Mr.Mime) to play the voice of Wes

Edited by Brago-sama
  • Haha 3

AnitaCoffee    357
42 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

That doesn't make it any less out of place.

The Carol isn't so bad since it's just a song, but imagine the characters refering to one another.

"Hey Wilson we're out of firewood!"

Of course it's just a matter of personal taste, but for me it would feel awkward.

I actually found them having voices in that carol weird! XD But the voice actors were pretty good picks, I think.

Me thinks the issue with ever getting a movie (or better yet, a show) is as someone else said, budget. They obviously have the talent & the artists to accomplish it, just funding is a whole other thing.

Axelocke    2,925
3 hours ago, minespatch said:

Klei should get Lord Sludge's Emmet to play Maxwell.:wilson_ecstatic:

All the yes!

• Like 1

WildWildWes    248

I don't think a feature film would be practical. Klei is first and foremost a game developer, games and movies work totally differently, and I'm fine enough with the shorts. Heck, I think they're a better way to tell the story.

Personal bias coming in here, but i also like a little mystery and am not really fond of people trying to turn don't starve into some kind of sweeping epic. Not everything has to be on a grand scale. :/

Deerclops Mika    202

I think that the ENT of the game should be taken apart, and if you make a movie, you need to do it according to the central character, in our case it’s Maxwell, but we already know his story.

I would like to see a series of Don't starve, similar to what they are doing now, but with little significance in the life of characters.  It would be especially cool if it was based on their quote.

I don’t think such an indie company can afford to work on a film.

• Thanks 1