Wheeler in DST

It's time for my next idea for a character from the base game:

latest?cb=20190418203317

1. Wheeler has identical statistics like in Hamlet

2. Wheeler has only 10 inventory slots

3. Wheeler is faster by 10% than other characters and she gets 1% for every empty slot

4. Wheeler have two special items at start. The first is navigadget. When it is equipped in hand slot then shows one extra slot which can be filled by any items singly or stacked. Then under the Wheeler’s feet show compass rose which leads direction of the nearest item, structure or mob which match to the item put in navigadget depending on select navigadget’s mode. Wheeler special item has three modes:

The first mode allows to find items, structures or mobs from which item put in navigadget can be got

The second mode allows to find items structures or mobs connected which item put in navigadget. As an example navigadget can:

• Find tree when Wheeler puts an axe in navigadget
  • Find Pig King (I don't think I have to say that this is not Wilba's father) when Wheeler puts trinket in navigadget
  • Find repaired Chess Statues when Wheeler puts hammer in navigadget during full moon or new moon
  • Find Antlion (male of course) when Wheeler puts Desert Stone or Beach Toys in navigadget
  • Find Potter’s Wheel when Wheeler puts random sketch in navigadget
  • Find Moon Stone when Wheeler puts moon rock or Star Caller Staff in navigadget

The Third mode allows to find other players depending on item put in navigadget:

966baccd32448cd5med.png

(Wes is the hardest to find)

Compass rose under Wheeler’s feet is visible for all players but only Wheeler can use navigadget.

5. The other Wheeler’s special item is the Pew-matic Horn. It now have durability. Wheeler can use horn 200 times while other characters can use it 66 times. Wheeler can Pew-matic Horn, which is available in Fight Tab and requires:

Mosquito Sack + Gold Nugget

Items in Horn can be stacked. It deals different damage and have different range according as item putted in:

574824dca4adccedmed.png

(the first range value is Attack Range and the second is Hit Range). Players can’t put in navigadget living animals and character-specific items. When character shoots Gunpowder this item explodes and deal 51 damage points in small range. Gunpowder can also destroy sea stack.

6. Wheeler reveals 1,25 times more map than other characters.

7. Wheeler’s map is updated after every action made by other players.

8. Wheeler still have a dodge which works identically like in Hamlet.

Wheeler's fine as she is, the only change she really needs is giving the pewmatic horn a durability, and only allowing her to use the navigadget.

I like your idea of finding other players with their corresponding items though. But maybe the item count should just be limited to their character specific items if applicable. 

Spoiler

The_Virgin_Wheeler_vs._The_chad_Wormwood.thumb.png.441c901ef7823c2cc7806b88d45dd81a.png

In all seriousness, while wheeler could work, she still has some inherit flaws, can't contribute much to the team, and would probably be as much as a resource sponge as WX. Being able to track players is cool though, I admit.

Also, PK is most definitly Wilba's father. I'm not even sure why you're denying that

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Walani first... then you may have Wilba & Wheeler (come on man they added Warly & a sea to the game... where’s my surfer girl?!)

I am sad to say this but I doubt that Walani won't be introduced because weregoose can walk on water.

45 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I am very sure I saw this somewhere.

I know where.

15 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Pewmatic definitely needs a breaking point.

Yes I wrote this.

13 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

I am sad to say this but I doubt that Walani won't be introduced because weregoose can walk on water.

I know where.

Yes I wrote this.

hmmm what does walani have to do with the goose splashing on water?

--------------------------------------------------

btw if they port another character from single player I would prefer Woodlegs... .... cuz pirates... boats...

it would make more sense that somehow Woodlegs might have found a nautical way to get to dst.......   just saying

only thing I would have a problem with is his lucky hat.... I would scratch the treasures altogether from the hat if you ask me 

2 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

hmmm what does walani have to do with the goose splashing on water?

Walani was this character who should have perk connetced with water but Woodie already has it.

3 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

btw if they port another character from single player I would prefer Woodlegs... he makes much more sense to me.... cuz pirates... boats...

and it would make more sense that somehow Woodlegs might have found a nautical way to get to dst....... just saying

only thing I would have a problem with is his lucky hat.... I would scratch the treasures altogether from the hat if you ask me

Don't worry I have very complex idea for Woodlegs.

51 minutes ago, Theukon-dos said:

The_Virgin_Wheeler_vs._The_chad_Wormwood

While this seems like an... attempt at humor, the joke is entirely based on insulting Wheeler, so I'm going to take the criticisms here seriously:

- Overconfident and cocky, probably gets herself killed a lot
This depends entirely on the player, and also directly conflicts with another point made later on. Personally, I play very very careful with Wheeler, since she's only got 70 health with an effigy.
- Has a backpack on 25/8
Be honest: who doesn't? I've heard some people be very vocal about the idea that backpacks are horrible and shouldn't be used, yet I don't know anyone who actually stands by that. Contrary to what this picture says, I have a friend who's a DST Wormwood main and he wears an insulated pack near-constantly, along with having multiple bundles on him. Inventory space is valuable! That's why almost everyone actively uses backpacks.
- Gets a free speed boost, the most broken stat in the game.
I'm personally not a fan of Wheeler's speed boost either, but calling speed the most broken stat in the game in the context of Hamlet is really silly, as it's a version of the game that has stalking sticks, sleek hats, and coffee. Even in DST, we've got overcharged WX-78, so I don't see why another character being a bit faster is a problem.
- Low health is completely negated by free I-frames
Yeah, that's the one that conflicts with the earlier point about getting killed a lot. Either way, this point assumes that you will only ever be fighting a single mob at once and will have perfect timing with your dodges. A group of mobs can cause some damage if you aren't careful, and even a single mob can mess you up if you've got bad timing. Plus, Wheeler in DST would be up against grumblebees, the fuelweaver's bone cage, klaus's gem deer, etc.
- Shoots all the team's resources out of her horn
This point is just bad in general because it assumes that there's a """team""" with a communal resource pile where everyone throws all their items into and nobody asks before they take anything. It's the same line of thought that makes people call Wes a "leech", as if there's some communal food pile that everyone contributes to and relies on while an Evil Bad Horrible Wes steals from it and causes them all to starve. It's just an incorrect idea of how the game works.

I'm not gonna go over the remaining two because they have nothing to do with the actual character.

9 minutes ago, maciu67 said:

Walani was this character who should have perk connetced with water but Woodie already has it.

Don't worry I have very complex idea for Woodlegs.

that argument doesn't make sense... jsut cuz another character can do a thing doesn't mean another cannot be added that does something mildly similar....  btw... I wouldn't even call them similar... they just have means to travel on water that's it

and I do worry about your idea about Woodlegs... I think you like to add too much as you already demonstrated here... sometimes less is really more

3 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

While this seems like an... attempt at humor, the joke is entirely based on insulting Wheeler, so I'm going to take the criticisms here seriously:

- Overconfident and cocky, probably gets herself killed a lot
This depends entirely on the player, and also directly conflicts with another point made later on. Personally, I play very very careful with Wheeler, since she's only got 70 health with an effigy.
- Has a backpack on 25/8
Be honest: who doesn't? I've heard some people be very vocal about the idea that backpacks are horrible and shouldn't be used, yet I don't know anyone who actually stands by that. Contrary to what this picture says, I have a friend who's a DST Wormwood main and he wears an insulated pack near-constantly, along with having multiple bundles on him. Inventory space is valuable! That's why almost everyone actively uses backpacks.
- Gets a free speed boost, the most broken stat in the game.
I'm personally not a fan of Wheeler's speed boost either, but calling speed the most broken stat in the game in the context of Hamlet is really silly, as it's a version of the game that has stalking sticks, sleek hats, and coffee. Even in DST, we've got overcharged WX-78, so I don't see why another character being a bit faster is a problem.
- Low health is completely negated by free I-frames
Yeah, that's the one that conflicts with the earlier point about getting killed a lot. Either way, this point assumes that you will only ever be fighting a single mob at once and will have perfect timing with your dodges. A group of mobs can cause some damage if you aren't careful, and even a single mob can mess you up if you've got bad timing. Plus, Wheeler in DST would be up against grumblebees, the fuelweaver's bone cage, klaus's gem deer, etc.
- Shoots all the team's resources out of her horn
This point is just bad in general because it assumes that there's a """team""" with a communal resource pile where everyone throws all their items into and nobody asks before they take anything. It's the same line of thought that makes people call Wes a "leech", as if there's some communal food pile that everyone contributes to and relies on while an Evil Bad Horrible Wes steals from it and causes them all to starve. It's just an incorrect idea of how the game works.

I'm not gonna go over the remaining two because they have nothing to do with the actual character.

I originally made that as a responce to someone saying that Wheeler should have been added to DST instead of Wormwood, and used similar arguements. I just posted it here because it felt relevent.

18 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I think you like to add too much as you already demonstrated here... sometimes less is really more

It' only suggestion which is big piece of marble in someone else's hands (to create a good sculpture you have to reject something)

20 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

and I do worry about your idea about Woodlegs

tenor.gif

Archived