Wheeler in DST

46 minutes ago, JJ0264 said:

Waverly or Wilton - around October cuz Halloween, Waverly design, potential is strong plus wizard of Oz/ Wilton would be interesting, he? or she? kind of reminds me of the pumpkin king (high 5's who get that reference)

edit: I almost forgot Wallace might be a Scottish vampire which might be cool except he on fire during the day (Bram stockers Vlad Dracula)

Waverly

I'd love Waverly purely for the sheer fun she could bring, potions that are available all year round, brewing using normally useless/rarely used ingredients or just giving some ingredients new uses like hounds teeth, feathers, stingers, etc. (could be really good for cleaning up useless junk) and in my eyes, she fits the "magic" side of Don't Starve perfectly. Witches have already been mentioned time and time again, examples include Wickerbottom's Bewitched skin, Willow's Fiery Witch's tophat skin, the reference to Hansel and Gretel including a witch, etc, etc.

And while these may not be canon references to witches, keep in mind we have things such as living trees and evil flowers. The constant is far from the real world.

If they wanted to go full Wizard of Oz reference, she could suffer penalties from being wet to make rain/spring more hectic. 

Wallace

Y'know, a character who needs shade to stay safe during the daytime sounds like it could be a really unique downside that gets worse/easier depending on the season, i.e: spring being easier due to long dusk, summer being excruciating due to long days, etc. Not sure about the potential perks as I dunno if Wallace was really given much concept back then. 

1 hour ago, Hornete said:

Yes, one more character is coming.

Wormwood, Wortox and Wurt counted as new character while Warly is a rework.

Winona is a new character from a while ago and not part of this new series of new characters

Wormwood is NOT a DST Exclusive, Winona is.

they just sold Wormwood as the new DLC Character because they had already given Winona away free..

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Wormwood is NOT a DST Exclusive, Winona is.

they just sold Wormwood as the new DLC Character because they had already given Winona away free..

You are correct on that, Wormwood is not a DST exclusive, but He is part of the new character cast

Someone correct me if I am wrong but Single Player Don’t Starve Character list was:

Wilson

Willow

Wendy

Wx78

Wickerbottom

Woodie

Wolfgang

Wes

Maxwell

————————————

Don’t Starve Reign Of Giants:

Webber

Wigfrid

————————————

Don’t Starve Shipwrecked:

Warly

Walani

Wilbur

Woodlegs

————————————

Don’t Starve Hamlet: (Still Unreleased on Xbox or PlayStation so I’m only guessing on this one)

Wormwood

Wilba

Wheeler

Wagstaff

————————————

Don’t Starve Together:

Winona

Wortox

Wurt

???

3 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Someone correct me if I am wrong but Single Player Don’t Starve Character list was:

Wilson

Willow

Wendy

Wx78

Wickerbottom

Woodie

Wolfgang

Wes

Maxwell

————————————

Don’t Starve Reign Of Giants:

Webber

Wigfrid

————————————

Don’t Starve Shipwrecked:

Warly

Walani

Wilbur

Woodlegs

————————————

Don’t Starve Hamlet: (Still Unreleased on Xbox or PlayStation so I’m only guessing on this one)

Wormwood

Wilba

Wheeler

Wagstaff

————————————

Don’t Starve Together:

Winona

Wortox

Wurt

???

Wagstaff is free dlc character, doesn't require hamlet, as far as I understand. 

22 hours ago, Hornete said:

Lol yeah, a Wheeler is going to get a krampus sack in less than 10 days from shooting birds and rabbits.

Never said she would get it straight away, I did say Wheeler has actual means of farming krampus sack efficiently, which most other characters do not.

And what about Butterflies? Regular players can easily kill those for 1 naughtiness, It's also fairly simple for a character to kill a rabbit, simply attack it between it and it's home and you should easily kill it.

Wheeler can also kill butterflies though. And birds give 2 naughtiness points, which Wheeler can kill with ease with her pew-matic. Other characters would have to craft boomerangs to achieve the same effectiveness, but boomerangs take a bit too much coordination (otherwise you hit and damage yourself while using a durability use from the stupid thing...).

Also, denying rabbits their homes to kill them is definitely as efficient than simply shooting them before they can even try to run... Yup, no extra effort at all.

Wheeler's speed boost can go from 1.05x to 1.17x

Sure speed is powerful, but 5-17% more isn't overpowered, Wolfgang can go up to 25% faster, Wx-78 up to 50% faster, Weregoose up to 1.4x faster.

And we both agree that Wolfgang and WX are OP because of their speed bonuses among other things, correct? And funny enough Wheeler is speedy and has other things in the pew-matic and the dodge. Plus take in account that Wheeler has this speed buff at all times, WX needs a Wicker to achieve that speed consistently, Wolfgang needs a full belly (not that hard to do, but might be hard to maintain depending on how early the game is). Plus weregoose cannot fight at all, and cannot grab a walking cane, which Wheeler can for a total of roughly x1.4 speed multiplier, the same as the weregoose, it's only advantage is to be able to walk on water, really.

-----------

22 hours ago, Sunset Skye said:

You're describing such a specific strat that I'm not sure I believe anyone has ever done (shaving beefalo for pewmatic ammo?), and it's one that I don't even believe would be effective in the context you're trying to present it. Before day 50, only a single Krampus spawns from being naughty, and the 1% drop chance of a Krampus sack is only going to be rolled once from killing that Krampus. In my opinion, if you're actually willing to kill potentially thousands of birds and rabbits, one by one, to get a Krampus sack in the early game, you deserve it, and could've done the same thing with butterflies if you're that incredibly determined.

Oh, believe me, no strategy is too specific. I also never said you would get the sack quickly, but that Wheeler has an advantage on getting the thing over most characters, because birds and rabbits cannot run from... the pew pew, the loudest gun in The Constant. Plus birds give more naughtiness than butterflies. But hey, you don't have to shave the beefalos, you can straight up kill them for the meat, the wool, and even more naughtiness than the birds.

Technically, but not practically. Wheeler's dodge gives her invincibility frames, but her armor still takes damage, so if you're dodging into mobs to tank them then you're still losing armor durability. But if you take the armor off and go into a fight naked, you're risking a lot because of the low health. And "just don't get hit" isn't valid here imo, as using Wheeler's dodge like this makes kiting patterns kind of unpredictable since you can't be sure of how many hits you're able to get in before you need to dodge again.

Gotta agree on this one. It would require changing how you tackle combat to be feasible. The other factor that I forgot is hosting (mentioned by Sweaper), you are the host, and this strategy is hard but possible, you are not and this strategy is just not possible. It is not really that practical, even if it is possible.

The armor breaking is not a big deal though, you already assume that it will take damage or break before entering a battle, and it is there for a fail safe while you tank an enemy. Also, predicting the kiting pattern is not really that hard as long as you get a feel of the "rhythm" of the enemy. But again: hosting and connection are a big issue.

And that'll certainly give her an early-game boost! But... then what? The map is limited, you'll run out of things to scout eventually, and the seasons are so predictable that you only really need to prepare for them once unless you're using niche strats. Once again, this kind of perk is only going to help out for the early game and will then simply make megabasing activities less tedious.

Mildly agree. Indeed the game will "end sooner", but it is still a pretty strong ability to have.

Morsels are... honestly some of the worst food imo. They're meat, which means they have the annoying long eating animation, but they only give as much hunger as a cooked berry. Of course, you could make them into meatballs, but that requires you to stop exploring and set up a base or just a crock pot, in which case you could be using much better food sources and recipes.

Morsel is a good filler though (not just for meatballs), you can also give it to birds for eggs which you can then use for more complex recipes, and also use it to befriend pigs. They also have a longer spoil time than berries when cooked, letting you explore for longer.

Devs must be reading this post like:

"Ight fam, we put Wheeler in the game and people gonna burn the offices down... So Warbucks it is!" 

Come on guys! Wheeler is fun, can't we agree with this? Wicker and Wortox are also really fun because of wacky (and strong as manure) mechanics, but that is cool! 

21 hours ago, Hornete said:

Yes, one more character is coming.

Wormwood, Wortox and Wurt counted as new character while Warly is a rework.

Winona is a new character from a while ago and not part of this new series of new characters

That's what I think, but some people think that's it. 

\__("/)__/

How about keeping singleplayer-dlc-exclusive characters in that singleplayer dlc.

I, for one, would like Klei to work on new and original characters. I agree that dlc characters ending up in dst would be pretty cool from lore point of view but... new characters also can bring a lot of lore to the table

1 hour ago, Szczuku said:

How about keeping singleplayer-dlc-exclusive characters in that singleplayer dlc.

I, for one, would like Klei to work on new and original characters. I agree that dlc characters ending up in dst would be pretty cool from lore point of view but... new characters also can bring a lot of lore to the table

They specifically stated last year that they only plan to do Four DST exclusive characters, more would be cool.. but so far only Four were ever planned.

And we have only got one more of those left to come.

As for Single Player Characters that can be ported over to DST there is still

Shipwrecked-

Walani, Wilbur & Woodlegs.

Hamlet-

Wilba, Wheeler & Wagstaff.

Archived