Belongings of Character refreshes : Prediction and some concepts

Hi there ! You know that after a character get refreshed, it get a new skin for itself but also 1 or 2 item/building Belongings, like those from the refresh of Winona and Willow :

skin1.png.999ac61b95c2fb1f2bee6bfff9a894e7.pngskin2.png.2fbf9441b68e6f15c2982fce1e45e35d.png

What we can see here is that they can be suiting the character world or are corresponding to the skin added to the refresh, and they can be both character exclusive/everyone recipes.

Woodie is the next to come out and I have no idea of what items or buildings will be selected for the refresh... Since the only way to get a new Lucy is to transform it from an axe, we don't directly craft Lucy ourself, so she can't have a skin unless the devs want to make Lucy get the skin of the previous axe...

So maybe one of the two Belongings will be a flint axe, but what about the other ? And for more characters ?

Well, I wanted to make a "Prediction list and original concepts" of the Belonging we'll get after a refresh, enjoy the reads :

Wilson : Razor & Science Machine

Spoiler

Razor : Clearly, the only current perk of Wilson is his beard for now, so I think it's normal to get after all this time a Razor skin but let's be honest, this is as much cool as a Telltale Heart skin : You don't even see it. It's in your pockets.

I have a suggestion to fix this, different skins of razor could make a different animation or a different looks on Wilson beard after shaving, and reset when the beard grow again !

Which means that I suggest the ability to just cut a single stage of the beard on Wilson by use, and not just remove it completely !!

Science Machine : Let's not forget that Wilson is a scientist above all. It could be better to give Wilson a Science Machine skin than a AE skin cause it already have one that is cool enough. If you want to use Belongings for decoration you can afford some space tobuild a Science Machine somewhere.

Wendy : Abigail's Flower & Dark Sword

Spoiler

Abigail's Flower : Character's specific items should always have a skin. And I think this is what we'll have with all those updates.

I've never played Wendy but I know that many people enjoy her, so it's more your job here to tell me about it, but it could be nice if this flower give Abigail the same appearance than the Wendy's refresh skin.

Dark Sword : How do you summon Abigail ? A sacrifice ! So I guess a sacrificial knife skin is up for the ceremony !

Wickerbottom : Sleeptime Stories & On Tentacles

Spoiler

Sleeptime Stories : So yeah, Books are exclusive to Wicker (even if Maxwell can use them, just like anyone can use a Willow's lighter.), and you must notice that there is already a skin for a The End Is Nigh book, my problem with this one is pretty much similar to the Telltale Heart, you barely see it.

To me something visual is missing, yeah it's cool cause it's The Forge book. But what else ? If Wicker get book Belongings, they must be something more interactive (and trust me, you can configure as you like something with a skin). So my suggestion for this one could be similar to one of my post months ago on skins : (have a look if you wish) The Sleeptime Storie could play a lullaby on the area it is used and play as long there is something asleep, it could be pretty fun ^^

On Tentacles : Pretty similar idea, I'd like to get more visual effects for a book, so tentacles summoned from this book could have different assets, even if skins is purely decorative, honestly, it could be nice to consider it can help to know if it's a player or natural tentacle if you own it.

Maxwell : Codex Umbra & Meat Effigy

Spoiler

Codex Umbra : I'm not sure about this one, even if the characters should have their items with a skin, the Codex Umbra is beyond Maxwell himself so... Is it lore friendly to give it a skin ? If I can have an alternative look on my puppets with it, no matter what, TAKE MY MONEY KLEI !

Meat Effigy : You know, ma boi Maxwell is extremely egocentric ! So I don't know why he could like to build a Meat Effigy that looks like Wilson. I think a Wooden Maxwell's Statue will be the perfect thing to suit its frail but dapper gamestyle, always build something that suits you.

And that's pretty much it ! I don't exactly know what could it be for Wolfgang, WX78 and others without being too cliche. So now if you want to give your ideas on more characters or discuss over some I've suggestion, let's get into it ! :)

2 hours ago, ADM said:

Codex Umbra

I was thinking to give it a more ruins type of look. With a thulucite esc. Border, a orange filling with makings leading to the middle of the cover, a purple nightmare fuel symbol ftom the metheus puzzle. It would also have yellowish pages for a more aged look, and a deep purple book mark.

I am also ashamed that you didn't make maxwells fluffy coat into a skin. It could very easily be one for the hibearnation vest, a coat made from the most luxurious of materials.

About Meat Effigy.. I always thought it was strange that all characters were able to build it only with Wilson's head even if they technically didn't know him in sp. When DST comes out I was sure that this structure will gain alternative looks for any characters or at least will stay exclusive for Wilson but... nothing happen, all guys are building structures around constant with Wilson's face and he's even perfectly fine with that.

3 hours ago, Prajdo said:

About Meat Effigy.. I always thought it was strange that all characters were able to build it only with Wilson's head even if they technically didn't know him in sp. When DST comes out I was sure that this structure will gain alternative looks for any characters or at least will stay exclusive for Wilson but... nothing happen, all guys are building structures around constant with Wilson's face and he's even perfectly fine with that.

Who wouldn’t want to build such a handsome devil.

8 hours ago, Prajdo said:

I feel you.
They could make a default effigy model, then, a model for each character that would be used after the character attuned to it. I dunno, it could be helpful knowing which effigy is not being used and I think it would feel more right this way.

On 8/31/2019 at 8:17 PM, ADM said:

Wendy : Abigail's Flower & Dark Sword

Reveal hidden contents

Abigail's Flower : Character's specific items should always have a skin. And I think this is what we'll have with all those updates.

I've never played Wendy but I know that many people enjoy her, so it's more your job here to tell me about it, but it could be nice if this flower give Abigail the same appearance than the Wendy's refresh skin.

Dark Sword : How do you summon Abigail ? A sacrifice ! So I guess a sacrificial knife skin is up for the ceremony !

Welp, Here goes nothing. please don't judge me im just throwing out ideas

Wendy : Abigail's Flower & Life Giving Amulet / / Ham Bat

I feel like the theme of Wendy's items would change depending on at what time the short takes place, 2 themes in particular come to mind.

1. Childish/Pre-Abby Death.
2. Post-Abby Death/Mourning

The former would probably be Wendy's younger days, back when Abigail was still alive. The skin set would probably be a happier-looking Wendy, probably with short hair (Small Pigtails or None at all) and a more child-like outfit, things like Overalls, Maybe a Daisy for her flower?

The latter is a bit more controversial. I was thinking of some sort of funeral / cemetery theme, and I know exactly the two things that come to mind: Her "Rejected"/"Funeral" Skin and it's "remade" version (Victorian.). Yes, Yes, I know that there's already a Mourning Wendy, BUT, I still think a cemetery/Funeral Wendy could work, more akin to the original skin concept. Things like having her hair down (I think she had her hair down in the concept, no?), having a black flower instead of her usual one, and there's definitely a couple more things that can be done with it but i'm not that creative and it's probably not gonna happen anyway because of victorian but i still like th idea..

Now, as for the Items.
Abigail's Flower

Spoiler

These ideas will stick only to the flower, except for the "bonus" one.

1. Childish/Pre-Death 

I have 2 ideas for this one. One would be a Pink "Carnation" flower. It means "I will never forget you", Which I think fits Wendy's Character. ( "I carry on for Abigail's sake" and such. ) The other one would be a Daisy, which means "innocence" (which is part of why I picked it for Wendy's childish skin, and hey, it would match Wendy's flower!), both of them having a "Wilted", "Blooming", and "Bloomed" stage.

2. Mourning/Post-Death

This one is sort of on-your-face, But maybe it could be the Forget-me-not Flower. It's a bit small, but the name forced me to add it here.
A Pink Camellia. Camellias in general have the meaning of "My destiny is in your hands", and you are supposed to give pink ones to someone you miss.

3. Bonus! 

This is a "definitely not gonna be implemented" one, but I imagine that maybe the flower skin could reskin Abigail to look more player-character like. Having arms, a head shape, etc. Probably would keep the normal "ghost legs", although maybe having normal arms, sideways facing/backwards facing angles, etc. Basically a player character model, but with no legs and almost entirely white. This isn't gonna get implemented, but it could be pretty cool.

Life Giving Amulet / / Ham Bat

Spoiler

I think that these two would fit better than the dark sword, but only if they follow a specific theme.

1. Childish / / Life Giving Amulet

The Life Giving amulet could be reskinned to the Heart Locket (or another type of locket.) It would be a golden locket, with a Picture of Abigal / / Wendy with Abigail inside. I think it would be pretty fitting, maybe it could be one of those "half-half" lockets, and this half has Abigail in it, and the other half would theoretically have Wendy on it.

2. Mourning / /  
Ham Bat

This one would be reskinned to a flower bouquet, similar to the one in the Funeral Skin's portrait. Pretty self-explanatory,same shape, funeral thingy, duh.

5d704d60b6411_FuneralWendy.thumb.png.4e1920c2d06cd31ca202162fffe1a875.png

I'm still holding out hope that we'll get an official manner of changing the skin on preexisting items/buildings so we can start getting skins for Lucy and such. Like some sort of nightmarish rosey magical staff, to fit Charlie.
Seriously though. Official Lucy skins ples.

8 hours ago, maradyne said:

I'm still holding out hope that we'll get an official manner of changing the skin on preexisting items/buildings so we can start getting skins for Lucy and such.

Since we're going to get a moon caller's staff skin obtained from putting a star caller's staff in the moonstone, I feel like it wouldn't be too unrealistic for Lucy to take on the skin of any regular axe she transforms into.

Archived