maximum element stack size 100t

I am currently trying an element dump room and i noticed that the game seems to destroy resources when dropping elements onto a stack with already 100t of that element. Did anybody observe anything similar?

My cycle 365 screenshot reads 117531 kg of industrial ingredients

but cycle 384 shows that only    108863.1 kg of industrial ingredients remain.

I only have lumber, balm lilies and reed fiber. lilies and reed fiber add up to ~500 kg. The rest is lumber, which i am dumping on a pile of 100t.

I have no lumber industry in my base, so the only change should be new lumber growing on my many trees. Instead i am down by 9t in 19 cycles.

Ah that bug, another aspect of the whole forest set of game mechanics that was really horrifically buggy as Klei rushed things out, and it's one of the ones still not fixed yet. I would expect next patch to address it.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:23 AM, abud said:

As far as I know only happen to something countable like lumber, reed,  medicine.

A rare case, but I think it happens with bottled liquids and gasses as well since they continue beyond 25t.

Oops, guess not. They stack to 25t when mopping, but not in (modded) storage.

This is an open bug on the tracker from last month.

13 hours ago, nakomaru said:

It will not delete other resources. It only happens when items join to total beyond 100t, it will just set it to 100t.

so your over-all total of lumber drops until it shows you only have 100t period?  sounds like a graphical bug unless the total amounts of lumber changes too

1 hour ago, DaveSatx said:

sounds like a graphical bug unless the total amounts of lumber changes too

Someone test it like this:

1. have 100t lumber in 1 stack
  2. add more than 2 ton to the stack
  3. remove 1 ton

Remaining lumber in the stack: 99 ton

I don't have 100t lumber in any of my save, so I cannot test it myself. Spawning 100t using sandbox probably too much click for me.

Edit: I just saw @nakomaru attach savegame to that bug report. Probably going to take a look this bug in action.

i did a test in my current map.  had them sweep to my storage dropper.  for a long time the total lumber stayed the same or went up as trees were harvested.  when they were done sweeping it dropped by 10k down to 103k from 121k.  strange behavior for sure.

i still had more than 100k that was displayed in that one stack available. weirdness for sure.  def not going to bother sweeping lumber :)

Yep, I discovered the same problem when I was setting up my ethanol setup.  If I just used a conveyor chute, it would just go up to 100t and slowly disappear.  So to counter it I added weight plates and shut offs to prevent that but I hope something is done to avoid this in the future.

3 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

sounds like a graphical bug unless the total amounts of lumber changes too

The actual amount of lumber changes.

98t lumber + 3t lumber = 100t lumber.

100t vitamin chews + 5t vitamin chews = 100t vitamin chews.

4.gif.4d73abad37ec1c7e182a7fcf7b42f578.gif

You can't see from the gif, but there is no other debris pile that forms.

All items share this limit.

4.gif.0bf30b44c3b6e09ca79dc96e5667511b.gif

On 8/10/2019 at 9:40 PM, nakomaru said:

The actual amount of lumber changes.

98t lumber + 3t lumber = 100t lumber.

100t vitamin chews + 5t vitamin chews = 100t vitamin chews.

Stacking is irrelevant.  if the total listed on the right hand side doesn't change, you havent lost anything.  the stacking, the mouse over are graphical interfaces that frequently bug.  now i'd posted elsewhere that the total does drop if everything is swept so it is indeed more than a simple display bug - but t he changes were very weird and the end total and 103k (originally it was 126k).  so yeah, i no longer sweep lumber :)
and will evaluate other possibly affected stuff

6 hours ago, DaveSatx said:

Stacking is irrelevant.  if the total listed on the right hand side doesn't change, you havent lost anything.

The actual contents of the debris is the only thing that could possibly matter.

In fact, the display on the right side is irrelevant. The contents is deleted even if your dupes do not have access to the debris:

2.thumb.gif.712bf2d8bc5de25669e93e867d25c537.gif

Here I have included the entire contents of the irrelevant list on the right side.

Probably this one gives a demonstration that number on stacking not just display bug

Spoiler

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.6f70b856927d5051b98de0e600251fda.gif

before: 100kg on top + 100t on floor

after: 1t on storage + 99t on floor

Where remaining 100kg goes? We can sweep all 99t remaining lumber on the floor, but impossible to get 100kg that disappear.

16 hours ago, nakomaru said:

The actual contents of the debris is the only thing that could possibly matter.

In fact, the display on the right side is irrelevant. The contents is deleted even if your dupes do not have access to the debris:

2.thumb.gif.712bf2d8bc5de25669e93e867d25c537.gif

Here I have included the entire contents of the irrelevant list on the right side.

the stack on the ground is just a visual;. if the number on the right didn't change then it'd be a simple display bug which has happened many times.  obviously in this case, it does change.. so.. yeah

also your gif is neat but silly because you're not listing what is changing.. just edible and eggs?

4 hours ago, OxCD said:

Ok so we're clear, materials are erased... sigh 

Yes, some materials are erased when game tries to make more then 100t stack but for most materials there is 25t stack limit.

It happens in this line of code:

mass = Mathf.Clamp(mass, 0f, PrimaryElement.MAX_MASS);

PrimaryElement.MAX_MASS is 100t and when that happens you get also warning in output_log.txt so it should not happen and it is a bug.

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/klei-bug-tracker/oni/lumber-disappears-after-100-ton-stacking-r20558/

But I didn't get to any exact list of things for which it is happening.

For most stuff this is not happening because it is considered "element" and elements don't combine stacks if resulting stack would be more then 25t. (like minerals or ore)

However if that stuff is considered "entity" then stacks can grow over 25t and are not limited when combining and so eventually once they reach 100t mass erase happens.

Spoiler

private void SetMass(float mass)
	{
		if ((mass > PrimaryElement.MAX_MASS || mass < 0f) && this.ElementID != SimHashes.Regolith)
		{
			DebugUtil.DevLogErrorFormat(base.gameObject, "{0} is getting an abnormal mass set {1}.", new object[]
			{
				base.gameObject.name,
				this.Mass
			});
		}
		mass = Mathf.Clamp(mass, 0f, PrimaryElement.MAX_MASS);

16 hours ago, OxCD said:

Brrrr. This bug is so annoying... I'm experiencng the same, so much lumber getting erased. I really don't like this feeling, precious ressources getting deleted.

Annoying? It's massive, free, heat deletion :p

On 8/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, bzgzd said:

However if that stuff is considered "entity" then stacks can grow over 25t and are not limited when combining and so eventually once they reach 100t mass erase happens.

Is there a list somewhere of what is counted as this?

On 8/15/2019 at 3:27 PM, nakomaru said:

Obvious yet? Included the the list you are fixated on again.

I'm very glad you made a gif that more clearly shows the problem for those who are more visual.   you did notice i was agreeing mass was deleted right? lol.  have a great time in ONI :)

Archived