Warly can cook using Willow's lighter!

I found that Warly can use Willow's lighter to cook any ingredients.

This way Warly can preserve meat longer by cooking them instantly right after obtain those.

Or can get fresher meal by cooking the ingredients right before cooking those using portable crock pot.

I'm not sure this is a bug or not.. But I strongly speculate this perk is intended.

What a beautiful synergy, anyway!

image.png.98e9f1821587d4e554bccff2ca90be98.pngimage.png.54395a74915acbab78503582222054ce.png

It is always a pleasure to find hidden things of the updates.

It seems to me like a mistake, but I hope Klei chooses to leave this in and write it off as a feature like how they left Maxwell being able to read Wickerbottom's books.

Actually after looking at the code I think it is possible this is intended. Willow and Warly both have a tag called "expertchef", which must be what speeds up the timeout of cooking somewhere. Interestingly, I also found in the cooker component along with a check for the former tag there seems to be a check for a tag called "dangerouschef", which I don't think is used by a character in-game yet. It looks like it makes you not able to cook if you have it? I don't know for sure as I'm not too familiar with how DST's code works compared to DS, so if anyone knows better they can correct me. Figured it out myself, its actually a tag for the Lighter so people without "expertchef" tag can't cook on it.

Also hilariously enough Warly apparently has three chef related tags that honestly all kind of mean the same thing; "masterchef", "proffesionalchef", and "expertchef". Just thought that was kind of funny. :)

EDIT: The Lighter's oncook function seems to say that this is intended as well, along with the fact that it seems to also imply actually all characters can attempt to cook with the Lighter now, just that they will burn themselves if they try. Seems to be prevented by the "dangerouschef" tag anyway, so the code is functionally unused really and is likely not new. Exact function for the curious below:

Spoiler

local function oncook(inst, product, chef)
    if not chef:HasTag("expertchef") then
        --burn
        if chef.components.health ~= nil then
            chef.components.health:DoFireDamage(5, inst, true)
            chef:PushEvent("burnt")
        end
        if inst.components.fueled ~= nil then
            inst.components.fueled:DoDelta(-.05 * inst.components.fueled.maxfuel)
        end
    elseif inst.components.fueled ~= nil then
        inst.components.fueled:DoDelta(-.01 * inst.components.fueled.maxfuel)
    end
end

So I was messing with this.

I noticed Willow could cook faster, is this new?? She wasn't always able to do this and I don't know how old this is.

I figured it was intended for Warly, makes sense, so I kind of passed it off as a neat bug, I had a Warly in the server and thought it was messing with my Willow until a WX noted he couldn't cook as fast as either of us.

I certainly hope it's intended for Willow, it'll give her a small neat little buff but it also makes sense seeing as how she's immune to fire. 

I can totally see Warly using a lighter to lighter to cook, so while I'm not against it I'll note that it's rather odd the only he can use Willow's lighter.

1 hour ago, -Variant said:

also makes sense seeing as how she's immune to fire

Willow: *Throws Morsel into a roaring Fire Pit*
            *Proceeds to slowly reach and grab said now-crisped Morsel with her bare hands*

Warly: ...Expertly cooked.

As a semi-Willow main, I kind of want to actually do that now.  Like, just go around randomly grabbing things out of fires to show off.  Not _valuable_, save the base from a real fire, kind of things, just...stuff.  Watch noobs' mouths drop open in text form (because nobody ever reads up on their OWN character, let alone others)*.  Fun times!  XD

...Notorious

*Aaaand, now I'm remembering the time somebody kept telling Abigail to go res at the portal.  YES REALLY.

1 hour ago, AdventZen said:

This is exactly what was going through my mind when I typed this. Props!

16 hours ago, AdventZen said:

Well, there goes my med-rare mini steak order >:(

10 minutes ago, -Variant said:

What about Willow cooking? I might've missed a chunk of one of their streams and am curious if it's intended or not.

You mean whether it's intended that Willow can cook on her own ligher? Ofc it's intended! I can't remember when they said that, most likely on the Willow refresh stream.

1 hour ago, fimmatek said:

You mean whether it's intended that Willow can cook on her own ligher? Ofc it's intended! I can't remember when they said that, most likely on the Willow refresh stream.

No, I was talking about the cooking quicker on the campfire.

She also does this alongside Warly. I've known about the lighter thingy, hue.

2 minutes ago, -Variant said:

I strongly believe this was also shown on that same stream. But I can't find it anymore (I guess most streams get deleted after a few months?) and I'm not 100% sure in that one anymore.

6 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

I strongly believe this was also shown on that same stream. But I can't find it anymore (I guess most streams get deleted after a few months?) and I'm not 100% sure in that one anymore.

The willow stream was the only klei streams I went to watch live, and I specifically remembering them showcasing how Willow can cook on fires faster than others, so I am certain that it's intended.

For Warly, I'm not quite sure.

13 hours ago, -Variant said:

It was one of her buffs in her Character rework -stuff she places on campfire/firepit burns better and she can cook faster. The feature has been in the game for months now.

4 hours ago, SinancoTheBest said:

It was one of her buffs in her Character rework -stuff she places on campfire/firepit burns better and she can cook faster. The feature has been in the game for months now.

Huh! Nice to know, it still feels new. Must be me.

Thanks!

Archived