Pips bury seeds in standard farm tiles

No doubt the pros here already know this but while I was waiting for a dupe to bring some wheezewort seeds to a couple of farm tiles I had just placed, some sneaky pips came and planted a mealwood and an arbor tree in them.

This has blown my mind as I was under the impression it could only happen on natural tiles which is the only reason I’ve been carefully avoiding building over them.

anyway...I didn’t know this...maybe someone else didn’t know this...maybe I’m actually the last to know. Don’t yell at me!! 

1 minute ago, shuuny said:

Yup but this is quite useless since when pips plant seeds in farm tiles,  they are not considered as wild plant unfortunately :/

Ahhhh shiiiiierrrrt!! That’s actually just a nuisance then. Mind de-blown!! 

34 minutes ago, beowulf2010 said:

But they're such adorable nuisances. :D

For sure they’re just trying to help...I can’t stay mad at their fluffy little pain in the butt faces forever!! 

29 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

I think you meant to say: delicious snacks.

You brute!! I could never!! 

When I am swapping a farm from one type of plant to another the pips annoy me so so so so much.

I was converting from mealwood to bristles in one game and they were getting to my farm tiles faster than my dupes. All I can say is that I would be on trial at the hague for what happened next. Pips talk about it to this day in whispered cheeps, terrified that the next knock on their door would be the dupes looking for them.

5 hours ago, metallichydra said:

tried to do that, but didnt work :(

- Build a few farm Tiles

- catch 1 or 2 Pips

- store some Plant seeds (note Plant seeds not crop seeds, as only the plant seeds stay as wild) in a locker close by

- wait for the pathing of the Pips to actually do something

- Profit?

19 minutes ago, Dead_eye said:

- Build a few farm Tiles

- catch 1 or 2 Pips

- store some Plant seeds (note Plant seeds not crop seeds, as only the plant seeds stay as wild) in a locker close by

- wait for the pathing of the Pips to actually do something

- Profit?

I did this exact method last night and had 4-5 mirth plants. Couldn't get the nature park established. It appears any plant in a farm tile counts as domestic.

1 hour ago, Skrivener said:

Can we just have a hoe already to place terrain blocks back? At least soft ones.

If you build a mechanized airlock surrounded by tiles and deconstruct it, you get a natural tile:

3.thumb.jpg.a219e5fd416196a7a7b36db6b9d26f76.jpg

9 hours ago, snoozer said:

If you build a mechanized airlock surrounded by tiles and deconstruct it, you get a natural tile:

3.thumb.jpg.a219e5fd416196a7a7b36db6b9d26f76.jpg

I've seen this only once before, and could never reproduce it. Thanks for the explanation!

16 hours ago, axxionx12 said:

I did this exact method last night and had 4-5 mirth plants. Couldn't get the nature park established. It appears any plant in a farm tile counts as domestic.

Hm yeah true actually, just retested it with a bunch of Pips. The old nature reserve get's found but the new one's not... Guess it wasn't designed to work that way...

Archived