Jump to content

Can I play The gorge?


Recommended Posts

A whole year of patience did not bring me what I wanted, unfortunately the gorge was postponed, but I want to play to this day, is it possible to somehow create a server and play with a friend?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I am almost positive the gorge will be returning, I expected them to announce it with Warly's release, so I suppose it would be a little strange for them to say absolutely nothing about it, but it would seem like such a bait if it wasn't returning. With that "unannounced" thing JoeW was talking about and using Warly literally in the gorge as the login animation!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it is wise to temper your expectations, while it seems they are making more references to the Gorge they did say they weren't concentrating on events atm. They are putting a lot of work into RoT, Woodie rework, and whatever animated shorts right now.

I still think that they will approach events again until at least next year, after RoT is fully implemented and all the characters got their redo's.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Atkvin said:

wasn't the forged forge team planning on converting gorge into a mod next? guess that's not quite done yet 

No, people asked too much for it so they immediatly lost motivation for it. It's not happening for a long time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ornge said:

When klei says "No more events" They mean NO MORE EVENTS.

Why do you set yourselves up for disappointment?

Yet they tease us with art from the event in Warly's login animation (not to mention..... his entire character is centered around cooking...)? It doesn't make much sense. Why would they do that, THEY set people up for disappointment if they really have intentions on bringing the gorge back. Would be an incredibly strange thing to do, wouldn't it? And if they TRUTHFULLY had no intention of bringing it back, why would they not just confirm that to us right now?

This decision to stop doing events I am totally behind, and was pushing for long ago. But, I don't think making these events available again is crazy at all! It was absolutely silly for them to make these well made limited time events that they spend like 6 months making for them to be available for only 1 month, and you don't know how relieved I was when I found out they were going to stop doing that..... but, the two events they already did pour their precious resources/time on are just rotting right now! It takes FAR less time to make the gorge available again than it would to make an entirely new event! 

Anyways, I suppose we will know the answer when they reveal that unannounced thing!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For what it's worth, Wortox and Wormwood have Gorge quotes in their game data. And neither of them were available the first time the Gorge event was around. I would imagine this means that Klei is at least considering bringing the Gorge back someday. Just maybe not this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, kiwikenobi said:

For what it's worth, Wortox and Wormwood have Gorge quotes in their game data. And neither of them were available the first time the Gorge event was around. I would imagine this means that Klei is at least considering bringing the Gorge back someday. Just maybe not this year.

It's funny that Warly is the one who lacks the majority of Gorge quotes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Bluegeist said:

It's funny that Warly is the one who lacks the majority of Gorge quotes.

Yeah, his mostly just say "PLACEHOLDER." But at least there's a place for them to go if/when they're added.

Also, it's the same for the Forge. None of the three newest characters were available for the last one, but Wortox and Wormwood have quotes for it, and Warly at least has placeholders.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Ornge said:

When klei says "No more events" They mean NO MORE EVENTS.

Why do you set yourselves up for disappointment?

When klei said "no multiplayer" they meant NO MULTIPLAYER.

And yet it was made. Ofc there is a difference. Also I am pretty sure they said something in the lines of "no events in the nearby future"

 

 

Gorge skin could be explained as they might have wanted to add him to gorge or they wanted to show how he was the person before Wilson and co.

Even if there were no plans involving new gorge event or adding him during old gorge event it makes sense to have him in DST.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Ezaroth said:

Remember there was still the other thing they said they're working on that people will enjoy especially console players. It could be the Gorge.

Ah, and I thought it would be less lag.

Jokes aside, since the devs stated they couldn't bring themself to put console players at a disadvantage I think they would design something for 2-player-coop. I read that Gorge on console was laggy maybe they found a way to overcome "these" console problems.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MrKoopa said:

When klei said "no multiplayer" they meant NO MULTIPLAYER.

And yet it was made. Ofc there is a difference. Also I am pretty sure they said something in the lines of "no events in the nearby future"

 

 

Gorge skin could be explained as they might have wanted to add him to gorge or they wanted to show how he was the person before Wilson and co.

Even if there were no plans involving new gorge event or adding him during old gorge event it makes sense to have him in DST.

The difference here is that the gorge existed. Klei had time to see if they liked these events and decided that running servers for gorge took a huge resource sink. 

Companies say "nearby future" a lot. And it usually translates to "Well it's not ever happening but we don't want to lose your interest". Even if it comes back it probably won't be for another year AFTER rot finishes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ornge said:

The difference here is that the gorge existed. Klei had time to see if they liked these events and decided that running servers for gorge took a huge resource sink. 

Companies say "nearby future" a lot. And it usually translates to "Well it's not ever happening but we don't want to lose your interest". Even if it comes back it probably won't be for another year AFTER rot finishes

I am not so sure they meant they will never run these events again by the "no more events" line. Making an entirely new event vs running an already finished one again are two entirely different things. Running their servers is the only harm from doing this really, and even then there are solutions to this problem. They could finally just link the events to the gateway and just let us host our own gorge/forge games. Yes, people could cheat with the console, but I have a hard time believing that there is absolutely NO way for klei to turn the console off when someone starts a forge or gorge game.

And again, why would they put Warly in the gorge for his login animation if the gorge was not returning? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...