The Potato Cup

Every once in a while, an older member mentions a potato cup, and it sounds like it was made by Nome or something. It's obviously a joke, but I know nothing about it. Can somebody tell us newer members all about the potato cup, including any pictures there might be? Weird request, but I want in on the jokes. : )

Also, I think the potato cup thing had to do with DST, so that's why I put the topic in the DST general discussion.

When I was twelve or so, I went to a wilderness survival type summer camp: at the end of the month, you got put out in the woods with limited supplies and were left to survive on your own for a night. That night, I learned that picking berries in the wild is a painfully slow process, making a fire with flint and steel is really hard, that hot dogs taste like salami when they haven't been cooked, and that potatoes are really gross and starchy when they haven't been cooked, but if you carve up the potato, it can make for an okay cup so you don't have to kneel with your face in a stream just to have a drink of water.

https://n4g.com/user/blogpost/indiemonth/528283

Edit:

Here it is in Nome's inventory. He is the only one that has one.

https://steamcommunity.com/id/nomeconsulting/inventory/#322330_1_201802263068549418

On one of the old Klei streams back during DST Beta, ex-dev @SethR was talking about a wilderness survival story (which Koopa also linked above) in which Seth carved a cup out of a potato, and everyone found it hilarious at the time and wanted it to be a feature in Don't Starve Together. 

So a few weeks pass of the Potato Cup story being meme'd around like crazy on the forums, and there's a new update to DST adding in a multitude of new trinkets, one of them being the most high-priced and glorious trinket around; The Potato Cup. This was considered by fans to be Seth's parting gift to the fans before he left Klei.

Now a little more time passes and the early version of the Skins system was put into place. There were a couple of testing skins implemented at the time, like the red lumberjack shirt, gray hand covers, and most notably, an item sitting in its own rarity (Timeless) in PeterA's inventory; The Potato Cup.
I don't know when the switch happened from Peter's inventory to Nome's, but it just be like that sometimes. So at this point in time, Nome is the holder of the famed Potato Cup. Carry on Seth's legacy, good sir!

Now hold on a minute...

Was the potato cooked or cleaned of the rooty thingies?

Raw potatoes can be poisonous when the rooty thingies actually get into the potato...

It's pretty rare and now im scared to drink water from my potato cup.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Now hold on a minute...

Was the potato cooked or cleaned of the rooty thingies?

Raw potatoes can be poisonous when the rooty thingies actually get into the potato...

It's pretty rare and now im scared to drink water from my potato cup.

Really?

Thanks for making potatoes into a horror experience for me. 

10 hours ago, RogueGamer12 said:

Thanks for making potatoes into a horror experience for me. 

If you leave potatoes in the sun, they turn green. If you let them sprout, they grow tendrils and wrap themselves around your face, forcing you to chew down the green stuff.

28 minutes ago, Mobbstar said:

If you leave potatoes in the sun, they turn green. If you let them sprout, they grow tendrils and wrap themselves around your face, forcing you to chew down the green stuff.

I think I saw a video showcasing this.

I think I might have it bookmarked actually.

/s

Archived