A neural network writes the next Don't Starve Together

If you didn't know, there's a magical website called talktotransformer.com, which has you type in a sentence or two, and then the AI types the rest. So I was wondering- could a bot come up with a new update idea? Turns out it can.

Enjoy.

(note: bolded text is my own words that I fed into the machine)

Hey everyone!

Most of you have been wondering about the next Don't Starve Together update. We spent a lot of time making it and we're finally ready to present it to you!
 Since development is already wrapping up, here's what you can expect next:

Fossils!

There are now 18 new species introduced into Don't Starve Together that have been crafted by our Community Manager Roshana. These creatures are available on any level in the game to be used in your games of Don't Starve Together.

These plants include:

The Plant

We're not too sure what the new type of plant will look like yet and we're still exploring that. We think this plant is designed to represent a grassy terrain:

The plant will change based on what level you select. While it is intended to be used from a small garden to your larger game world, it can also be used as a living room, nursery, or house if you want it!

Another plant we plan on adding is the Grass. It's really a beautiful grass and the seeds are great... but you may be disappointed with their taste. They're very sweet, and I know from experience, it's hard to taste something as sweet as fresh honey while eating it. So I'd hate to find out they're not as sweet! I wish them well.

In addition to the fossils, we are proud to announce the newest character to the Don't Starve Together world, and it's none other than Croque Du Chevalier, the legendary animal hunter who was once a member of Team Bluebeard as well and served as one of our main leaders.

Croque Du Chevalier will be available for purchase soon after we run the Kickstarter campaign!

That's all the content we have planned for now! Stay tuned for more information on things like upcoming releases, giveaways, and other great things in the future.

Until next time,

The Bizzaro Team

So when I looked at this post I felt something was off. Croque Du Chevalier doesn't start with W, and as we all know neural networks are supposed to be smart. It couldn't make a mistake like that right? So I decided it must be a clue to the truth of what's to come, for if it just told us it would spoil the surprise. so I googled Croque Du Chevalier and found this:maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.d581e205c024bb113509e4cb3b369101.jpg

Now, this fella seemed familiar but I had never seen him. It must be another clue. I noticed, as I'm sure you did, that the sky is yellow. The sky isn't normally yellow! So to fix this I switched its colour with his armour and while I'm at it I'd thought Id fix that hair because no one has red hair. Wight is a much more realistic colour. So I switched his hair and face colour and got this:

Spoiler

5d08f1499f1a4_wARBUCKSsUPREME.thumb.jpg.a5a447e9fa624e584ede1dc05d90a59a.jpg

Now doesn't that look more familiar? 

Spoiler

Warbucks.thumb.png.2c873026a00c4d1fcf953c4d774553cc.png

On 18/06/2019 at 11:14 AM, bobyjoe said:

So when I looked at this post I felt something was off. Croque Du Chevalier doesn't start with W, and as we all know neural networks are supposed to be smart. It couldn't make a mistake like that right? So I decided it must be a clue to the truth of what's to come, for if it just told us it would spoil the surprise. so I googled Croque Du Chevalier and found this:maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.d581e205c024bb113509e4cb3b369101.jpg

Now, this fella seemed familiar but I had never seen him. It must be another clue. I noticed, as I'm sure you did, that the sky is yellow. The sky isn't normally yellow! So to fix this I switched its colour with his armour and while I'm at it I'd thought Id fix that hair because no one has red hair. Wight is a much more realistic colour. So I switched his hair and face colour and got this:

Reveal hidden contents

5d08f1499f1a4_wARBUCKSsUPREME.thumb.jpg.a5a447e9fa624e584ede1dc05d90a59a.jpg

Now doesn't that look more familiar? 

Spoiler

Reveal hidden contents

Warbucks.thumb.png.2c873026a00c4d1fcf953c4d774553cc.png

Genius. Thanks, Community Manager Roshana.

Lately, there's been a lot of commotion surrounding the Woodie rework. Many of you have been asking for the rework, and now we're ready to show it off! So, coming in the next Don't Starve Together update, Woodie will recieve these new perks:

Lowered Attack and Health by 30%

Reduced Life Steal

Added a 'Heavy Shot' and 'Heavy Swing' skill tree

Fixed an issue where players were unable to get stuck on a log in Woodie

And now, with the updated Woodie, come the 'Doorstep' animation!

There will be a video on how to see what Woodie's 'A' can do. So keep those eyes peeled for that video!

The reworked Woodie will be in-game between update 31 and 31.13.5. Please note that Woodie changes will continue after update 31.

The reworked Woodie will require you to purchase the special gift box. We will also be selling the 'Woodie Gift Box', but remember, you cannot pick it up on any character you already own.

A special thanks goes out to all of our players and our community for their feedback during the beta. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for this update, which will include the new Woodie, updates that might impact the final version and more.

6 minutes ago, HereBeJimbo said:

The reworked Woodie will require you to purchase the special gift box. We will also be selling the 'Woodie Gift Box', but remember, you cannot pick it up on any character you already own.

what just happened

On 6/24/2019 at 8:00 AM, HereBeJimbo said:

Lately, there's been a lot of commotion surrounding the Woodie rework. Many of you have been asking for the rework, and now we're ready to show it off! So, coming in the next Don't Starve Together update, Woodie will recieve these new perks:

Lowered Attack and Health by 30%

Reduced Life Steal

Added a 'Heavy Shot' and 'Heavy Swing' skill tree

Fixed an issue where players were unable to get stuck on a log in Woodie

There will be a video on how to see what Woodie's 'A' can do. So keep those eyes peeled for that video!

The reworked Woodie will be in-game between update 31 and 31.13.5. Please note that Woodie changes will continue after update 31.

A special thanks goes out to all of our players and our community for their feedback during the beta. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for this update, which will include the new Woodie, updates that might impact the final version and more.

is this real?

On 24/06/2019 at 9:00 AM, HereBeJimbo said:

This entire thread is a goldmine UAHUEHAUEHAEAU thank you, human

Spoiler

Recently, we released the expected changes in Woodie's Don't Starve Together rebalance, and you guys have been quite vocal about it here in the Forums. We understand the changes may sound somewhat radical, so here is our reasoning behind the Woodie rebalance:

The woodie rebalance is a response to feedback that the game is more fun and engaging when playing with a group. That's why we felt we'd go ahead with some significant changes to bring things across the line, and to introduce a bit more variability and variety while maintaining the same levels of depth.

In Woodie, your group will get a wide range of unique skills, armor stats and clothing, all with their own flavor and playstyle. Woodie's combat mechanics change each game, and because so many players like to keep up with and challenge new players, we've given players the opportunity to choose their preferred mode of play, allowing them more choice, instead of simply giving everyone something they like. And all at the same time, our players also enjoy exploring and discovering new things in and around the Forest – all while having the chance to enjoy playing together and exploring with you all.

Finally, we didn't want players to be afraid to explore, and to play together with anyone they choose. We heard from our Steam community that players enjoyed playing with other players when they could

Lunar Roots
Though the circumstances of his creation were unusual at best, Wormwood came into this world full of optimism and curiosity, ready to make new friends and see all that life had to offer. But as time wore on and he experienced the cold sting of rejection, he came to learn what the moon above had always known: Wormwood the Lonesome does not belong here.

Here are his details: 
________

Wormwood the Lonesome is a young boy from an old world where the dead are all that remain after eternal winter passes. He is the son of the long dead who has passed away before this world was created. And his parents must have been very happy indeed as they were the very first ancestors of everyone the world over. He grew up to become Wormwood the Lonesome and is now the greatest of the Lonesome species. Wormwood the Lonesome lives in some of the world's farthest corners of the known universe and is still the fastest moving of all lifeforms in this universe; traveling between stars at an incredible speed of 50,000km an hour!

Wormwood has a talent for reading the shadows of others and is a very adept communicator. He is always seeking opportunities to learn, and his eyes are the best source of understanding in the universe (see his description at the end of this

or this

Lunar Roots
Though the circumstances of his creation were unusual at best, Wormwood came into this world full of optimism and curiosity, ready to make new friends and see all that life had to offer. But as time wore on and he experienced the cold sting of rejection, he came to learn what the moon above had always known: Wormwood the Lonesome does not belong here.

Here are his details: Â  

Pics/Story

"A young, handsome young man with a deep dark tinge to his demeanor."

"I knew you."

"I remember your smile..."

"I remember when you left me hanging for months. It was my responsibility to keep you safe, to keep you alive as best I could..."

"I was only two months out of school by the time you showed up. I remember your grin, your mannerisms... But even then the rest..."

"Your smile is gone."

"...I do not get it."

-Eddie, to Wormwood, who was about one week later, when Wormwood arrived at school as soon as it opened.

"I see you in here

I tried making one, but it didn't work out as I hoped.

Spoiler
Due to technical issues, Wes has been removed from Don't Starve Together. Instead of Wes, we are introducing a new character. Here are his details.

Gorillaz, the band that made us famous…

What made Gorillaz different?

They had the weirdest lyrics.

They had the most weird and weird lyrics ever. I thought it would be cool to introduce a character who had the same attitude to their music that they had! To me, music came from the people themselves and to come up with something really different is a great and unique chance to do something that I think people, who don't know Gorillaz, might not see. There are plenty of things for people to find out about that I will leave to the reader.

What makes the concept "Gorillaz?"

Gorillaz's name may suggest this, but it was actually a combination of the words "gorilla" and "lion."

"Lion" comes from the "Hobbit" books that are set on a human world. "Lion" is about animals that are kind, caring and very smart. We're trying to build up our characters and our culture around these human qualities. If someone says "Gorillaz" to you, "gorilla," it would come across as a derogatory term.

YES.

We are proud to announce the long awaited return of Warbucks to the Constant. He will be entering the world of Don't Starve Together with new abilities, a design update, and of course a short film to offer a peek into his backstory. We still have a long way to go before we can tell Warbucks what to do, but once we get that far, let's make his story the defining one of Don't Starve Together!

The new and improved Wes rework, circa 2024.

Spoiler

Due to very vocal feedback, Wes has been prioritized for a rework that we've been working on in secret. Here are his new abilities.

Hangar Sweep – Increases damage dealt while flying.

Focused Attack – Fires a beam of bolts at enemies and deals base damage.

Flamewaker – A powerful blast of flames explodes from Wes's feet and damages nearby foes for the full amount before dissipating.

Rumble – The wind has struck down the land and created a tremendous storm that makes Wes's attacks feel like they are coming from a storm-wracked mountain.

Wes's previous passive skills have been removed.

Also, I managed to hack into Future Klei's servers and find this draft of a forum post for a Return of Them update.

Spoiler

Due to very vocal feedback, Return of Them has been delayed so we can fix these bugs once more. The new release date is undetermined as of now. We're planning on adding a few new things to Fall of the Moon before then, such as Story Mode and all of the new dungeons, but we haven't decided on a release date just yet. In particular, though, we need to focus on more of The Depths and The End. When we've decided on some more detail, you'll know more about those and other upcoming features.
Posted by James at 2:23 PM

This is the kind of forum information I registered here for.

Also I am now both happy and highly confused about the mechanics involving my shadow puppets brethrens:

Spoiler

Maxwell's shadow puppets, the shadowduelists, will finally receive the buff they deserve: The buff is only available to the faction that did not win the shadowduel by the end of the day. This means that when you cast your buff to another faction that won the day's shadowduel, your shadow puppet team gets the buff and cannot be targeted by your shadow puppets. However, that does not mean that Shadowforce's shadow puppets are useless to win, they're just a very powerful team member.

The second buff also is exclusive to Shadowforce's shadow puppets that are not in the same faction. However, this is less of a problem because they won the day's shadowduel too, and so they can still cast their buff as well. To sum up, we are only getting the buff for which the faction that won the shadowduel was the winner, which is a very cool aspect of how Shadowforce works. It is also true that we are getting the buff immediately after it has been casted for any of the factions involved, but it does not mean that you should run Shadowforce with that faction just yet! The buff is active from the day after the final Shadowforce shadow puppets are killed which is a good sign if you wanted it to be in the meta before that

10 hours ago, engiSonic said:

Hangar Sweep – Increases damage dealt while flying.

Focused Attack – Fires a beam of bolts at enemies and deals base damage.

Flamewaker – A powerful blast of flames explodes from Wes's feet and damages nearby foes for the full amount before dissipating.

Rumble – The wind has struck down the land and created a tremendous storm that makes Wes's attacks feel like they are coming from a storm-wracked mountain.

Wes's previous passive skills have been removed.

I can't breathe! :wilson_ecstatic:

Jesus Christ, everything is so perfect. 

Spoiler

In response to community feedback regarding the issues with how players think it is so easy to acquire food, we have decided to release a hotfix nerfing food, which includes the following changes:

Food now drops with less of a chance of not being dropped when killed as an instance has ended.

Some rare food items (such as the Iron Chef) no longer drop more than once when killed. These items have been replaced by better quality items.

Players will no longer need to manually acquire the item.

We've also fixed a variety of general bugs to make the game easier to understand.

As a result of these changes, many players will enjoy better food and more variety in the food they can earn and eat without feeling so overpowered. We hope you are able to use these changes to your advantage to gain advantage over your opponents in ranked.

We've also tweaked ranged weapons as they aren't cost efficient: we now have a 3/2 cost, 20/10/6, 6/4/2/1, with the added bonus of reducing damage and survivability. We're also tweaking damage per hit (based on its effect for every target (including the enemy), not just the attacker), as it's often very hard to hit a target with high damage before it dies. These changes will be discussed further before release when we move to our current testing schedule.

As mentioned, we've added another option to each group - you may now swap targets with your foe during combat. While this doesn't directly change the gameplay, it does prevent a certain number of actions that would otherwise be handled in-place at a particular target. As well, each enemy group has three different types of targets to choose from - each group will have different priorities. It's important to note that targeting doesn't change your damage, but as enemies spawn on your path, you'll see damage reduced instead of changed due to your actions at the time.

We encourage all of you to discuss these changes at forums.lanning.net.

Enjoy your PvP!

The Alliance

this site is too good omg

People say that Wes from the game Don't Starve Together is the best character when he is not, here is the real truth:

Spoiler

he is the most irritating and awful character that can ever be in a video game. His jokes, jokes, jokes. He is so full of life and life is so full of Wes... That's the truth! As a kid he never had a boyfriend, but now even when he did he was a terrible man. I can't think of anything else Wes that's worse than him, and I know it sounds like a harsh thing, but it's true.

Spoiler

People say that Wes from the game Don't Starve Together is the best character when he is not, here is the real truth: The most underrated character.

Spoiler

People say that Wes from the game Don't Starve Together is the best character when he is not, here is the real truth:

He is the best.

Yes, he has many great qualities, but he does not have a single flaw. He, himself, has nothing wrong with him from the very beginning.

He comes from a small village, he is the most gentle, and most considerate, character in the game.

He is easily manipulated, and he's not very patient.

He likes having fun, always has!

And he is funny. He, himself, likes good jokes and is extremely funny as well.

I don't think any of us could have described these qualities even if our lives were full of stress. But he is, for me, more like an average, good-natured child, who, for one moment, makes him seem normal and normal things in life suddenly become extremely strange at the worst of times, like when he is angry, upset, lost, and he shows his dark side. This, as sadistic as I've seen, is what makes him so much better at Don't Starve.

But there is much more to him than that.

My hope is that Wes from Don't Starve Together will be something that makes you smile every time you play.

Spoiler

I'm not a big fan of Don't Starve: it is like a game where the only playable characters are chickens, and don't talk but have all these cute little pets of their own, and so on. I really wish I didn't enjoy it but the only thing I can think of is "how could they possibly leave out your main character?" Because there are no other options for Wes. There are some other good characters in the original game, but not a lot of options. There is absolutely nothing "fun" about having everyone in the game have the same level of personality and abilities so it seems unfair with Wes as far as having any personality. Even though I like the whole idea of helping the chickens though, in a multiplayer game of games people are going to die almost every time you encounter them. And when you die you just have to wait a few minutes so they can heal up, which is a lot for the main character and just feels out of-time.

When Wes comes into conversation there is a very clear connection to Don't Starve and what it means to him as a human being, but there is no connection to his other characters and other elements of the game, not even the characters for which you can

Spoiler

The Real Wes from Don't Starve Together is a jerk who has never been loved. He was the dumbest character from Don't Starve but then he's completely replaced by the jerk that we know in his self-aware version, who was never thought that he has any personality. He doesn't have any character. If they want a nice guy with tons of personality, why does they choose the ****ty character? What does it have to do with a story anyways? Not the stories!

You can see this in many more characters in TV shows like Battlestar Galactica, Game of Thrones, Dexter and Breaking Bad, among others. He was an average person playing with his toys and that's about his problem.

How bad a character is someone supposed to be? Who's supposed to make the choice? The character has to be unique. Who is going to take care of them even if they are poor and don't have any money? What's the point of having a guy like this? You can't have a nice guy who is always with a kid.
, Wes from Don't Starve Together , but he will destroy the universe if you kill the only thing, or if you are too lazy to do

Archived