WE DID IT! 5000 days on Klei server

The server is Clayfish was here!

Just a picture from me. The rest, you would have to play to find out.

image.thumb.png.401037bb188495f449cab386957ce44a.png

This challenge started out as a Klei server 400 days challenge, which can easily be done alone, over a weekend. A Klei server I joined accidentally went over the 400 days, onward to 3427 days. Hence, I created a 5000 days challenge, which would take about a real month. After 3 attempts, against the odds, we did it, with friends of old and new. Friends made from the earlier attempts, and also friends made from the latest attempt.

The success of this challenge shows that there are still a good number of decent players playing on Klei public servers.

To my team, thank you for helping me. Klei has a policy against of naming individuals, so you can pop by this thread instead. My goal for the world is complete, and I have no more objective for it, perhaps other than to just keep it alive for our tourists.We have to accept that this wonderful world face an inevitable death.

To DST veterans, I would challenge you to break this record. Make a record longer than this, provide a megabase experience to the public, make new friends, deal with the odds, embrace the togethereness of DST. Do multiplayer challenge, instead of solo challenge, for DST.

20190609032111_1.thumb.jpg.d7e60d25bf461573b1f7fb6bba1352a7.jpg20190609032338_1.thumb.jpg.b5f041eaac9dc3617e4e051e4210f8e8.jpg

the 5k celebration was a blast! i joined at the 1st summer and had plenty of fun with other players over the run (thanks bliz and the rest with over 1000+ days), so heres a meatball celebration with some of them :D

bonus: hell before day 5000 

20190609025746_1.thumb.jpg.8a2bb95f2fbd40f6159b6696718051f6.jpg

It took me until almost day 2000 to finally swallow my shyness and enter the server and I couldn't have been more happy to be a part of this. Maybe I'm too sentimental, but this experience was a blessing to me. Much love to everyone. <3

Those 5000 days went by fast.

4 hours ago, Averagewx78main said:

How do you do this kind of thing?

Servers reset once everyone dies, which means it would be in danger of resetting if no one was on.

You just need someone who understands how to survive on at all times. It doesn't need to be the same person/people. 

I just wanna say, I'm glad the swamp was brought closer to base. Because that's kind of my favorite place to die in this game. Not that I do it intentionally, but if I'm going to die somewhere. I'd hope it would be in the swamp. Love the tension being there brings.

Impressive! You own my respect

I thought this is impossible for a none admin server

no matter how great condition I've provided for next new comers

everytime I go to sleep and in the morning BLAH, server is resetted

could you share the how you did it with everyone here, I know that having great players is first of everything

Thanks in advance.

13 hours ago, blizstorm said:

To DST veterans, I would challenge you to break this record. Make a record longer than this, provide a megabase experience to the public, make new friends, deal with the odds, embrace the togethereness of DST. Do multiplayer challenge, instead of solo challenge, for DST.

What y'all have done is amazing! I can't think of an achievement that exemplifies what this game is about more than this. 

I believe this is the endest of games right here. Once you've "mastered" the game you should use your knowledge to help others learn the game, or provide an experience unique to your world for those that join. 

9 hours ago, Brago-sama said:

Crys in console servers ;-;

You can always join the experience at "Welcome to Hamton!". Up to 3290 as of this morning. Just got back to Autumn so I'll be reopening it to the public today. 

10 hours ago, blizstorm said:

To my team, thank you for helping me. Klei has a policy against of naming individuals, so you can pop by this thread instead.

That's for the naming and shaming aspect, not for the promotion of a good thing.

For instance, it would be bad to say "X went into the server and burned everything ban him from your servers!".

However, it would be okay to go "X was with me in my adventurous adventure and we accomplished our goal!".

As far as I know, anyway.

Mods won't let me post a short clip of the meatball party. Instead I'll just recount how I started on the server around day 1100 as a wes just to look around. After caving awhile on my own and making a self farmed magilum I bumped into the main base and switched into more helpful characters. I ended up spending over 1300 days helping out and I learned a lot of neat things playing with the other regulars. Thanks for the experiences it's been a blast so far.

amazing!!!!

but pls tell us how this works. was it an endless server? if it was a survival server then shoudnt it reset if evryone leaves the server? how did you managed always having someone online on the server for so long time?

also how didnt you get any griefers? or did you and you could vote kick him and he didnt came back anymore? or did you have to rollback the servers often cause of griefers? 

would be great if you can answer this questions because thats the main reason im not doing such things

Regarding how the survival server lasted so long, my teammate already answered the question. I have already hinted at my solution.

Regarding griefers, the world definitely has its share of griefer and my team have to deal with them. At about day 17, someone already burnt the base. If I remember correctly, at day 550, my team already lost our entire pig farm of 50 pig houses that my team could not roll back away. As for how my team deal with griefers, you have to play to find out. After I have publicised the world, griefing has increased. We cant win against troll, we can only seek to not lose against them. This is like Dont Starve, we cant win the game, but we can only seek to not die.

Knowledge about long run and griefer combat is not on wiki, yet. Take it as playing Dont Starve again, on a higher level; this time, there is no wiki to read, no data to mine; if you lose to trolls, you start over again; learn to treasure any information mine you come across.

This world, is the cumulation of my experience, my teamates' experience, the experience of the people I met and taught me in the past worlds.

I was with Bliz at the first attempt of challenge. There is a lot efforts of working for world. Then i left cause of boring of many strangers. One day i come join again of third attemp around day of 4900+ it s fun to play with good player here. After publishing of 5k success. Many people come and i was stress when suspicious ppl join, dont know he/she will be good or bad, eventhough we ve group of watching and report. I just want to tell griefer please be a good player cause it easy than be griefer. May be you have bad experience but you can win it by self.

My team has soldiered on, victorious for 6613 days, until we finally lost on day 6614. Clayfish has been regenerated by vote, started by a day 24 ghost. Once again, I would challenge DST veterans to break this record.  Make a record longer than this, provide a megabase experience to the public, make new friends, deal with the odds, embrace the togethereness of DST.

I would again petition for the removal of regeneration vote from survival. This is how a 6614 day world fell to a day 24 ghost

The swamp in Clayfish was burnt in day 5200+, by another griefer. The swamp has lived longer than I expected, but I would again petition for regrowth mechanism added for reeds.

Anyone who has taken photo of the base, feel free to post it now, otherwise, I am fine that the base remains a secret to the players. I honestly only have that 1 photo of base. It has lived in my head.

edit: forgot to type in descriptions, 1st one is the base hound wave trap with houndius shootius (used to have catapults), and somehow the frog rain happened during the hound wave

2nd one is the balloon fest for 5k celebration, the wes player decided to make balloons and many ended up floating away

20190608112902_1.thumb.jpg.18edb6babefcacbedadf49a8fad02c48.jpg20190609033924_1.thumb.jpg.d0e7eaa00db27e4ca93ecab3f196c12c.jpg

Archived