Return of Data Mining, Art Assets, Model Dumping & More! (SPOILERS!)

Okay somewhere many many posts back there was an animation for some living plant-like monster Kelpy or something to that effect, Where is that from?? Single player, Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge, Forge Or Unused Content that was never actually added to the game?

I find playing as Wurt to be slightly Unfair- All other characters can go on HUNTS to collect foods that give them Massive Hunger boosts (such as Koalephant trunk) But poor Wurt does not have any hunts to go on..

Perhaps Klei should add some HUNTS for Vegetable only food resource, Such as this ”Kelpy” But to differentiate the two types of hunts apart, Meat hunts should remain unchanged, while Vegetable hunts should remain looking identical in size except change its color tint to green to resemble tiny grass patches.

If they plan to add more vegetarian only characters to the game- Vegetable hunts are a must.. but otherwise it would just be fun to get some new unique hunts to go on.

Just now, Mike23Ua said:

Okay somewhere many many posts back there was an animation for some living plant-like monster Kelpy or something to that effect, Where is that from?? Single player, Shipwrecked, Hamlet, Gorge, Forge Or Unused Content that was never actually added to the game

Shipwrecked. IIRC wasn't posted here but in the Hamlet thread.

Spoiler

kelpy_basic.thumb.png.6ce7438f43953f7b96d577d443c4b3b3.pngkelpy_actions.thumb.png.334d12565721ec4afd7e346c3449f0c7.pngkelpy_attacks.thumb.png.a192e9176601ba7d2a677ad7012659d8.png

2a6a8c52289817.5baf9e4d7e0ad.jpg

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Perhaps Klei should add some HUNTS for Vegetable only food resource

Like...the ginger varg? :wilson_curious:

Or maybe something like the snap dragon...it'd definitely need a redesign to better fit the theme of DST, but I suppose it could still work.

Spoiler

Although the snap dragon is basically just a flower, so I don't think it'd work that well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Shipwrecked. IIRC wasn't posted here but in the Hamlet thread.

Hide contents

kelpy_basic.thumb.png.6ce7438f43953f7b96d577d443c4b3b3.pngkelpy_actions.thumb.png.334d12565721ec4afd7e346c3449f0c7.pngkelpy_attacks.thumb.png.a192e9176601ba7d2a677ad7012659d8.png

2a6a8c52289817.5baf9e4d7e0ad.jpg

Like...the ginger varg? :wilson_curious:

Or maybe something like the snap dragon...it'd definitely need a redesign to better fit the theme of DST, but I suppose it could still work.

Hide contents

Although the snap dragon is basically just a flower, so I don't think it'd work that well.

Yeah that’s the thing from my Nightmares! Imagine trying to pluck some seaweed from the ocean but like Carrat that thing spawns haha.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -Variant said:

Hi, you don't have to, but I was wondering if you could throw together a Swamp/Quagmire pig turning into a werepig.
It contradicts itself, sure, but I was curious.

It doesn't really work all that well because they didn't make Swamp Werepig assets, so it defaults back to normal werepig.

quagmire_were_swampig.thumb.png.b7c253fe86392f8c7afdd338ccdff725.png

• Thanks 3

5 minutes ago, Paxtonnnn said:

It changes during Winter's Feast, that's probably what you're seeing.

Yeah this is my first time getting to play Winters Feast, I do think I enjoy the WF version over the default though, it actually LOOKS like a Goose. 

Wurts Quote for examining it is quite funny too it goes something like-

”Is this Goose from Story, Wicker Read to Me? Florp.” :D 

• Like 1

This isn't anything new, but something I've never seen anyone point out before:
food6-0.png.43f3a21842016ad5e75016a1b0cba3b7.png
Plum Pudding has had textures for being hung on the tree since at least 2018, but it's still not possible. Kinda sad, it feels like something that could have been easily added in this year along with the Malbatross ornament.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, Sunset Skye said:

Plum Pudding has had textures for being hung on the tree since at least 2018, but it's still not possible. Kinda sad, it feels like something that could have been easily added in this year along with the Malbatross ornament.

You're supposed to eat it, not hang it on trees!

SMASHH.png.218c1b1aa3b8c7db081ee632822b93bc.png

CONSUME PUDDING!!!

• Haha 8