Remove and combine some items

Wild idea; remove these item completely from game. Can be in files, but not used in any craft recipe and not dropped by anything. They just not something you can make very useful to be always collected when you get it dropped.

* Nitre (really annoying to carry or leave on ground when mining regular rock)

* Stinger (you know why)

Hamlet has pig skins and pig skin? that drops from vampire bats as separate items, but can stack into one. Some other item could do with same mechanic. Some of this items not exactly the same in nature but are very much alike in use. Moonrock walls then can be make with marble and marble suit with moonrock. It even sort of work because full moon and new moon tied to marbled clockwork pieces and there is marble pillars with marble flooring where there set pieces are set.

* Marble + Moonrock

* Hound tooth + Bone shard (both need stack the same)

46 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Wild idea; remove these item completely from game. Can be in files, but not used in any craft recipe and not dropped by anything. They just not something you can make very useful to be always collected when you get it dropped.

46 minutes ago, Charsis said:

What? Why? Why should an item get removed from the game because it's 'annoying to carry?' Nitre has many uses, many of which are related to Summer, but also other applications in the crafting of some items added in ANR.

49 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Hamlet has pig skins and pig skin? that drops from vampire bats as separate items, but can stack into one. Some other item could do with same mechanic.

Pig skin and Pig skin? stack because they serve the exact same purpose. In essence they are the same item. Pig skin? is another way to get pigskin without murdering inhabitants of the Hamlet, design-wise it is clear why they stack as one.

Making moonrock and marble stack this way doesn't make much sense. Moon stone is highly symbolic and clearly has some form of otherworldly ability, as it is commonly used to channel the power of gems. Marble is just marble. It looks nice, but is probably not magical.

Not every item in the game needs to have a large amount of applications. Sure, some items like stingers or bone shards have minimal or even trivial usage but this does not necessarily justify their removal. 

11 hours ago, Charsis said:

...They just not something you can make very useful to be always collected when you get it dropped.

* Stinger (you know why)

Just because you personally don't use them doesn't mean it's a generalization. They are assets already in game, with enough work gone into them from graphic and programming points of view. Instead of removing why not give them MORE uses, especially for stingers?! (Stinger Traps when?!)

PS: for counter-example I use Nitre a lot, especially as Winona.

When I saw this topic name I thought that it was going to be about adding a way to delete items other than eye plant and a way to combine low % items.

So now I say:

-add a trash can/incinerator/magic stuff to do something with your absurd amount of  "insert item name here".

-add ability to combine tools with low %(maybe not a direct %+%)

16 hours ago, Charsis said:

Or you could just NOT mine regular rocks during the early days... I only ever mine gold rocks up untill the end of spring, when it's time to stack up on nitre for summer.

It really is that easy!

These items have uses, Nitre by itself have 7 recipes that are on DST, as much as Hound's Tooths

The only ones that i can "accept" is the Stingers, that have not as much recipes, but i believe that Klei will make more uses from it in this year updates (also Glommer Wings like mentioned before)

Just stop picking up stuff you don't need at the moment. EZ PZ. Also, they can just make items more useful. Your idea could remove the point of certain entities existing.

(granted that hasn't stopped Klei before, as proven by those damn maggots)

On 5/14/2019 at 9:33 AM, Marthan said:

When I saw this topic name I thought that it was going to be about adding a way to delete items other than eye plant and a way to combine low % items.

So now I say:

-add a trash can/incinerator/magic stuff to do something with your absurd amount of  "insert item name here".

-add ability to combine tools with low %(maybe not a direct %+%)

What's so bad about feeding junk to lureplants? I give them stacks of bee stingers all the time.

On 14/05/2019 at 11:14 AM, x0VERSUS1y said:

Just because you personally don't use them doesn't mean it's a generalization. They are assets already in game, with enough work gone into them from graphic and programming points of view. Instead of removing why not give them MORE uses, especially for stingers?! (Stinger Traps when?!)

PS: for counter-example I use Nitre a lot, especially as Winona.

Why give more uses, what is the purpose? Because the item exist? I do favor idea that perfection is achieve when there is not nothing more to add but nothing more to remove and stinger and nitre are item that not really serve good purpose the way you obtain them. Stinger and nitre don't have much that was put in them anyway, just single static texture, any item can be made like this, just copy, change some component and texture and boom, new item.

21 hours ago, Mack Swell said:

Just stop picking up stuff you don't need at the moment. EZ PZ. Also, they can just make items more useful. Your idea could remove the point of certain entities existing.

(granted that hasn't stopped Klei before, as proven by those damn maggots)

Stuff on ground keeps piling up, game start to lag.

23 hours ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

what about DST glommer wings?

They are very rare and getting glommer often intentional not something that happen because you need other resource (like it happen with nitre) or because of annoying circumstance (bees being bees). Really we need old bell back, then they not just some expendable fuel.

On 14/05/2019 at 12:54 AM, NeddoFreddo said:

What? Why? Why should an item get removed from the game because it's 'annoying to carry?' Nitre has many uses, many of which are related to Summer, but also other applications in the crafting of some items added in ANR.

Pig skin and Pig skin? stack because they serve the exact same purpose. In essence they are the same item. Pig skin? is another way to get pigskin without murdering inhabitants of the Hamlet, design-wise it is clear why they stack as one.

Making moonrock and marble stack this way doesn't make much sense. Moon stone is highly symbolic and clearly has some form of otherworldly ability, as it is commonly used to channel the power of gems. Marble is just marble. It looks nice, but is probably not magical.

Not every item in the game needs to have a large amount of applications. Sure, some items like stingers or bone shards have minimal or even trivial usage but this does not necessarily justify their removal. 

It not about it having many uses, but the kind of uses nitre is for. It not item you use regularly, but you harvest it like it is, having it lot of time left on ground where the bolder was. Texture kind of ugly too I think. Item need good reason to exist. Many thing that use nitre can very well replace thing in its recipe with not much issue. It just a stuffed in item for thing like morning star to give it random use. The only item that really would need nitre to make sense is gunpowder but when is that so common to make really?

31 minutes ago, Charsis said:

Why give more uses, what is the purpose? Because the item exist? I do favor idea that perfection is achieve when there is not nothing more to add but nothing more to remove and stinger and nitre are item that not really serve good purpose the way you obtain them. Stinger and nitre don't have much that was put in them anyway, just single static texture, any item can be made like this, just copy, change some component and texture and boom, new item.

"[Insert any other item/material] and [Insert any other item/material] don't have much that was put in them anyway, just single static texture, any item can be made like this, just copy, change some component and texture and boom, new item."

"Many thing that use [Insert any other item/material] can very well replace thing in its recipe with not much issue. It just a stuffed in item for thing like [Insert any other item/material] to give it random use."

Everything can have a purpose, even if is a niche one. And creativity marks your limit in use of anything really... as this being a sandbox game and whatnot. Also perfection's only an abstract concept, don't be bothered by it.

31 minutes ago, Charsis said:

..It not item you use regularly, but you harvest it like it is, having it lot of time left on ground where the bolder was. Texture kind of ugly too I think. Item need good reason to exist.

People in comments above already pointed this, will emphasize it more: you really REALLY don't need to mine Nitre boulders. Quarry the Gold ones and leave the former if being bothered by Nitre left on ground so much. There isn't anyone (I presume) with a gun behind your head forcing you to mine them. "LEAVE the Nitre ALOOONNEE!", heh.

PS: your assessment of Nitre's texture aspect is pure subjectivity.

In the end when you have a problem with something try firstly to solve it from your end, and that end can be how you operate or... mods. Yep, mods can truly be an answer :encouragement:

1 hour ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

"[Insert any other item/material] and [Insert any other item/material] don't have much that was put in them anyway, just single static texture, any item can be made like this, just copy, change some component and texture and boom, new item."

"Many thing that use [Insert any other item/material] can very well replace thing in its recipe with not much issue. It just a stuffed in item for thing like [Insert any other item/material] to give it random use."

Everything can have a purpose, even if is a niche one. And creativity marks your limit in use of anything really... as this being a sandbox game and whatnot. Also perfection's only an abstract concept, don't be bothered by it.

People in comments above already pointed this, will emphasize it more: you really REALLY don't need to mine Nitre boulders. Quarry the Gold ones and leave the former, if being bothered by Nitre left on ground so much. There isn't anyone (I presume) with a gun behind your head forcing you to mine them. "LEAVE the Nitre ALOOONNEE!", heh.

PS: your assessment of Nitre's texture aspect is pure subjectivity.

Point was that item has no purpose other than thrown in recipe just to give it use which I think is really dumb. Often you add something to recipe for sake of balance or because item look like it need it in recipe. Nitre serve neither purpose in its recipe other than in gunpowder.

So you pull the ``you don't have to do it, nobody is forcing you to do it`` card I see. No completely disagree, regular bolder are abundant and are regularly mined for rock. If I don't mine them other people will and nitre will be littered around with it horrible texture all around. If nitre you get only from something like earthquake I would probably not feel like making this thread. But it found in regular rock and it is annoying.

2 hours ago, Charsis said:

So you pull the ``you don't have to do it, nobody is forcing you to do it`` card I see. No completely disagree, regular bolder are abundant and are regularly mined for rock. If I don't mine them other people will and nitre will be littered around with it horrible texture all around. If nitre you get only from something like earthquake I would probably not feel like making this thread. But it found in regular rock and it is annoying.

So the problem you have with it is it's ugly texture? That's really the only specific issue you've given that isn't vague enough to apply to literally everything else.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

guys GUYS guys lets merge manure and guano into one item!

Even if it's barely noticeable, they are actually a little different. Guano is actually a more effective fertilizer then manure is. Although it would be nice if guano could be used interchangeably with manure for crafting purposes.

Even if you don’t make gunpowder—which a lot of solo players need to kill bosses—you can use nitre for endothermic campfires in summer and as a fuel for the endothermic fire pit. I can’t remember if it can fuel flings as well, but maybe someone else can clarify? 

14 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Even if it's barely noticeable, they are actually a little different. Guano is actually a more effective fertilizer then manure is. Although it would be nice if guano could be used interchangeably with manure for crafting purposes.

my point is that this whole remove and combine some items thread is literal manure

I can't believe what OP is arguing. As a proud owner of 2 great tamed boofs, I tell you when I see one falling from cave roof, I grab it. Nitre is actually one of the only basic resource you have (I have anyway) trouble finding late in game beside the obviously rare ones like gems. Petrified forests are a blessing for that. Nitre is highly valuable in my eyes.  DONT YOU DARE >:(

On 15/05/2019 at 9:58 AM, Mooagain said:

What's so bad about feeding junk to lureplants? 

I just think they are not that practical, they don't grow on winter and the lureplant trashcan setup is not something that I would consider pretty.

Archived