What do you use to kill enemies?

Select all that apply  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following damage sources do you use somewhat often?

• Dark Sword
    • Thulecite Club
    • Ham Bat
    • Tentacle Spike
    • Morning Star
    • Bat Bat
    • Battle Spear
    • Spear
    • Tail o' Three Cats
    • Boomerang
    • Blow Darts
    • Sleep Darts
    • Fire Darts
    • Lightning Darts
    • Weather Pain
    • Tooth Trap
    • Bee Mine
    • Trap
    • Gunpowder
    • Slurtle Slime

To "use" is to gather/craft/create that specific item and wield it in a way that benefits your ability to survive. Crafting them to say "I have a chest full of bee mines because I can" is not using that item.

Often is if you specifically gather/craft/create that item on purpose roughly once an ingame year or two. If you spent one out of every two winters with the beefalo hat on, and never touched outside of that it is used often. 'Often' does not need to include times when that item does not help your playstyle for a chracter (A Wigfrid may be less inclined to use gunpowder because of her lifestealing, but still uses gunpowder 'often' if they would generally use it in no-Wigfrid worlds).

I use my fists like the big strong adrenaline-fueled man that I am.

On a serious note, Spear > Hambat > Darksword every single game. I don't remember the last time I used a dart outside of the Forge.

4 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Mostly spears. I save anything stronger for bosses. 

Feels like a waste to use dark swords or tentacle spikes on spiders, pigs etc. 

butterflies' heinous crimes must be punished with a dark sword

12 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

What if i am a pacifist and don't kill stuff?

This is SURVIVAL, you pansy! Get your sparkly training bra out of these woods and come back when you become a MAN!

Ham Bat and Walking cane pretty much all the time. Cane for those butterflies and mole worms, Ham bat beause of the super high reliability. (Never suddenly breaks during combat due to overuse, only spoiles over time which is calculatable and pretty easily preventable.)
(Also with the Ham Bat you are legally allowed to say "I beat that tentacle with my meat.")

Dark Sword or Spear occasionally depending on the Situation. (If I don't have access to the Ham bat or something.)

I tend to use spears early-game, than later tentacle spikes when i'm able to collect them in mass, around day 25 I'll generally use a fire staff or blow dart variant to kill a MacTusk or two, and never touch them again.  I'll craft a ham-bat for deerclops or whenever I need to kill a boss, but once i'm able to get ahold of a dark sword I just use them for the rest of the game, whether or not that's really practical.

40 minutes ago, Cpt. KatKit said:

I use some less than others (morning star and darts) but I still use most of them if I can even craft them.

So you're telling me that you often use electric darts?

Archived