[Poll] On Starting Routines

On Early-Game Chores  

54 members have voted

1. 1. What's your preferred early game routine?

• Demolishing pig houses and spider dens to get resources
    • Mining and chopping as much as you can to farm the maximum amount of rocks and logs as Woodie or Maxwell
    • Rushing the Dragonfly
    • Rushing the Ruins
    • Mass-producing plant resources as Wickerbottom
    • Exploring the entire map
    • start to build your megabase
    • Dig up all the road turf tiles in the Mosaic Biome
    • Rushing the Bee Queen using the tentacle strat
    • Building a Bunny Farm
    • spawning in, taking everything valuable and quitting
    • making an efficient Spider Farm as Webber
    • something I don't know of and wasn't able to mention (do leave this answer in the comments! :D)
    • GUYS WHERE'S BASE

If I'm in a pub or something, I'll just wander aimlessly and/or follow roads until I find something.

On worlds where Im actually being serious, I scout the perimeter of the map, which is the meta.

Depends on the server, but either I’ll gather all the resources to build up a base, or gather enough valuable things to prove myself useful to someone else’s base (if they’re accepting outsiders, that is.)

After that I pretty much just find something to do. Gather things for winter, get resources for structures we don’t have, set up the obligatory meme sign, all that good stuff. 

"Just enjoying the game and in the meantime exploring and gathering all kind of resources" isn't an option?

Looking at the first option (Demolishing pig houses and spider dens to get resources) - hm, where did the idea come from? :D

"spawning in, taking everything valuable and quitting" - this is meta.

9 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

"Just enjoying the game and in the meantime exploring and gathering all kind of resources" isn't an option?

Looking at the first option (Demolishing pig houses and spider dens to get resources) - hm, where did the idea come from? :D

"spawning in, taking everything valuable and quitting" - this is meta.

You know as much as I do haha

I was gonna ad outright burning bases or swamping it with tentacles, but i felt the spanw-quit strat held the most Disrespecc

Depends. In a pub, if they told me where base is from the start, I will gather basic resources and once I find that base I'll help them. If they completely ignored me, and left me to die in the wilderness, I will find their base and I will soft troll. Because screw those unhelpful players. One theing they should know, I HATE being ignored.

In a serious alone world, I will explore every corner, and leave no stone unturned. All while cathering resources and tufts (if I found chester). That, so I can decide the most optimal base location.

i locate important biomes while gathering basic resources.

important locations:

• tumbleweeds
  • oasis
  • big rockyland (if I find this, I won't search for triple mactusk)
  • triple mactusk (if I find this, I won't search for big rocky land)
  • forest surrounded by small rockylands (one of them will have lots of spiders) (if I find this, I won't search for big rockyland)
  • moonstone forest (contains mactusk)
  • sometimes mandrake forest (there's almost always Beefalos in the small savannah inside it)
  • pig king (road)
  • stagehand and frog pond area (Chester)
  • big swamp
  • small swamp (unless I found big swamp)
  • mosaic (graveyard)

I always try to use all wormholes, because there's always a wormhole in: tumbleweeds, birch nut forest in which pig king is and big swamp

Archived