Jump to content

Save files where you die aren't immediately deleted right? How can I recover it?


Recommended Posts

Dumbiest way is to copy your saved files in ds folder, just paste them to directory when you die

 

I think these two mods are what you are looking for

Watch Out! Using outdate mod may crash the game and cause critical problem sometimes

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=256990160

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=914669399

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, S19TealPenguin said:

I'm looking for post-mortem recovery.

Computers don't "delete" files, they just mark them as "you can overwrite this file", so it theoretically should be possible.

no.

ds just deletes the worlds.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quickly press alt+f4 after you die (on death screen) . It should cause game crash which should bring you back to latest save. 

It might delete your prototypes or reset your caves if you die there before the 1st save

but the world should remain untouched

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Quickly press alt+f4 after you die (on death screen) . It should cause game crash which should bring you back to latest save. 

It might delete your prototypes or reset your caves if you die there before the 1st save

but the world should remain untouched

 

That was patched, just the start of the dying animation means your save is gone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

That was patched, just the start of the dying animation means your save is gone.

This. I was using that exploit to not lose my world when I was exploring Ruins for the first times. When I tried it in Hamlet I saw that I would have to press Alt+F4 when I would still be alive. When you lose all your health - it is already too late. I do not know what would happen if you have Meat Effigy and press Alt+F4 when dying tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Download any program that allows recovery of deleted files. Install it (preferably on other disk than save file was located) . And search for save files depending of dlc you played (porkland_1, shipwrecked_1, survival_1), number equals save slot. If you are in beta, save files will probably have different names. If you get lucky you will find your save.

After that create new save with exact character and exact save slot. Go back to main menu. Swap save files and then exit game.

I did this once, when I got randomly stomped by Roc and it worked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

That was patched, just the start of the dying animation means your save is gone.

Oh

It's a shame then

1 hour ago, inferjus4 said:

This. I was using that exploit to not lose my world when I was exploring Ruins for the first times. When I tried it in Hamlet I saw that I would have to press Alt+F4 when I would still be alive. When you lose all your health - it is already too late. I do not know what would happen if you have Meat Effigy and press Alt+F4 when dying tho.

I used it after my Wormwood somehow died despite having 2 touch stones in rog, 2 touch stones on Sw , a pugalisk plant in hamlet and red amulet equiped

I don't like to cheat but i found this kinda unfair 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ellilea said:

What happens if say you got a touchstone/effigy in a RoG world but die in Hamlet?

You will be resurrected to the touchstone in RoG, as usual. Tested ;)

I suppose it is the same with the meat effigy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2019 at 5:56 AM, S19TealPenguin said:

I'm looking for post-mortem recovery.

Computers don't "delete" files, they just mark them as "you can overwrite this file", so it theoretically should be possible.

not possible

only if you have a meat effigy, water from pugalisk or activated a res stone... if nothing of those... rip forever... DS is a permadeath game

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

not possible

only if you have a meat effigy, water from pugalisk or activated a res stone... if nothing of those... rip forever... DS is a permadeath game

That's not true. Deleted files stay on hard drive forever until overwritten by other files.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, FeNniX said:

That's not true. Deleted files stay on hard drive forever until overwritten by other files.

When u die in DS your save file is automatically deleted... not "hard drive" saves... that in DST and u can rollback.. not in DS

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

When u die in DS your save file is automatically deleted... not "hard drive" saves... that in DST and u can rollback.. not in DS

Yeah, you are absolutely right, but he wanted to recover his deleted save files. Maybe not in game, but it is still possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

When u die in DS your save file is automatically deleted... not "hard drive" saves... that in DST and u can rollback.. not in DS

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...