Save files where you die aren't immediately deleted right? How can I recover it?

Dumbiest way is to copy your saved files in ds folder, just paste them to directory when you die

I think these two mods are what you are looking for

Watch Out! Using outdate mod may crash the game and cause critical problem sometimes

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=256990160

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=914669399

1 hour ago, S19TealPenguin said:

I'm looking for post-mortem recovery.

Computers don't "delete" files, they just mark them as "you can overwrite this file", so it theoretically should be possible.

no.

ds just deletes the worlds.

Quickly press alt+f4 after you die (on death screen) . It should cause game crash which should bring you back to latest save. 

It might delete your prototypes or reset your caves if you die there before the 1st save

but the world should remain untouched

41 minutes ago, Hx380 said:

Quickly press alt+f4 after you die (on death screen) . It should cause game crash which should bring you back to latest save. 

It might delete your prototypes or reset your caves if you die there before the 1st save

but the world should remain untouched

That was patched, just the start of the dying animation means your save is gone.

28 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

That was patched, just the start of the dying animation means your save is gone.

This. I was using that exploit to not lose my world when I was exploring Ruins for the first times. When I tried it in Hamlet I saw that I would have to press Alt+F4 when I would still be alive. When you lose all your health - it is already too late. I do not know what would happen if you have Meat Effigy and press Alt+F4 when dying tho.

Download any program that allows recovery of deleted files. Install it (preferably on other disk than save file was located) . And search for save files depending of dlc you played (porkland_1, shipwrecked_1, survival_1), number equals save slot. If you are in beta, save files will probably have different names. If you get lucky you will find your save.

After that create new save with exact character and exact save slot. Go back to main menu. Swap save files and then exit game.

I did this once, when I got randomly stomped by Roc and it worked.

1 hour ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

Oh

It's a shame then

1 hour ago, inferjus4 said:

This. I was using that exploit to not lose my world when I was exploring Ruins for the first times. When I tried it in Hamlet I saw that I would have to press Alt+F4 when I would still be alive. When you lose all your health - it is already too late. I do not know what would happen if you have Meat Effigy and press Alt+F4 when dying tho.

I used it after my Wormwood somehow died despite having 2 touch stones in rog, 2 touch stones on Sw , a pugalisk plant in hamlet and red amulet equiped

I don't like to cheat but i found this kinda unfair 

2 hours ago, Ellilea said:

What happens if say you got a touchstone/effigy in a RoG world but die in Hamlet?

You will be resurrected to the touchstone in RoG, as usual. Tested ;)

I suppose it is the same with the meat effigy.

On 5/5/2019 at 5:56 AM, S19TealPenguin said:

I'm looking for post-mortem recovery.

Computers don't "delete" files, they just mark them as "you can overwrite this file", so it theoretically should be possible.

not possible

only if you have a meat effigy, water from pugalisk or activated a res stone... if nothing of those... rip forever... DS is a permadeath game

4 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

not possible

only if you have a meat effigy, water from pugalisk or activated a res stone... if nothing of those... rip forever... DS is a permadeath game

That's not true. Deleted files stay on hard drive forever until overwritten by other files.

36 minutes ago, FeNniX said:

That's not true. Deleted files stay on hard drive forever until overwritten by other files.

When u die in DS your save file is automatically deleted... not "hard drive" saves... that in DST and u can rollback.. not in DS

26 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

When u die in DS your save file is automatically deleted... not "hard drive" saves... that in DST and u can rollback.. not in DS

Yeah, you are absolutely right, but he wanted to recover his deleted save files. Maybe not in game, but it is still possible.

5 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Archived