Why We Need Fire Immunity

Okay so like, Fire Immunity, but it tanks other people's sanity.

I dunno about you, but watching my friend burn alive, while not burning alive at the same time would be kind of traumatizing.

Willow can enjoy it away from the group, meaning if she were to use her Immunity to fight mobs or a boss, she'd have to do it alone, which is risky, or let her friends sanity drop.

Maybe.

Don't burn me.

11 hours ago, Angel_Octoling said:

Okay so like, Fire Immunity, but it tanks other people's sanity.

I dunno about you, but watching my friend burn alive, while not burning alive at the same time would be kind of traumatizing.

Willow can enjoy it away from the group, meaning if she were to use her Immunity to fight mobs or a boss, she'd have to do it alone, which is risky, or let her friends sanity drop.

Maybe.

Don't burn me.

Idk I think in character Willow would enjoy watching her friends burn, tbh.

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I feel like this is probably what we are gonna see in the trailer 

I feel like we will see Willow infront of the Orphanage with that reta- I mean stupid smirk of her Magmatic Skin with Bernie in hand and a matchstick in the other.
We all know what happened next.

13 minutes ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

I feel like we will see Willow infront of the Orphanage with that reta- I mean stupid smirk of her Magmatic Skin with Bernie in hand and a matchstick in the other.
We all know what happened next.

Willow had a family before.. She had a grandma... Did you know that? 

“It feels like grandma's hands.”

–Willow

We really don't know that much about her past... Except for a great fire. And Bernie... 

47 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

Willow had a family before.. She had a grandma... Did you know that? 

“It feels like grandma's hands.”

–Willow

We really don't know that much about her past... Except for a great fire. And Bernie... 

Well so far most of the Concept Skins were canon, so I assume Orphan is canon

1 hour ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

Well so far most of the Concept Skins were canon, so I assume Orphan is canon

But being an Orphan doesn't mean she was an Orphan from birth.. We don't know about her family.. Maybe her fire fascination had to do with that... Maybe unintentional fire on Willow's part? .. Or her family died in a fire in a random fire accident? We don't know.. That's why we need to wait for a better framing of her childhood 

7 hours ago, EveryMansFool said:

Idk I think in character Willow would enjoy watching her friends burn, tbh.

I didn't say this, of course Willow would enjoy it.

I meant other characters, like Wilson. 

Like, if Wilson is watching someone burn alive, he'd probably be uncomfortable.

7 minutes ago, Angel_Octoling said:

I didn't say this, of course Willow would enjoy it.

I disagree... Willow doesn't like to burn people alive... she has a dry, fiery sense of humor but not like full murderer .. she even has mild quotes when is getting attacked by other characters..

Wigfrid Attacker- "Take it down a notch, %s!"

Winona Attacker- "Too rough, %s! Jeez!"

1 hour ago, FreyaMaluk said:

I disagree... Willow doesn't like to burn people alive... she has a dry, fiery sense of humor but not like full murderer .. she even has mild quotes when is getting attacked by other characters..

Wigfrid Attacker- "Take it down a notch, %s!"

Winona Attacker- "Too rough, %s! Jeez!"

Not that she would ever intentionally light anyone on fire, but if someone just so happened to light ablaze I feel she'd think it a real shame not to enjoy the show. Like ol' Bobby R says, "Happy little accidents," eh?

I am pretty sure that Willow would not want to see her friends getting burned alive even though her compulsion to set things ablaze very well could end in that scenario. She probably realizes this but is still unable to help herself. It's the lack of impulse control that makes the pyromania, if I am not mistaken. If she wanted to burn people alive for the sake of seeing them suffer it would lean more towards psychopathy or some sadistic behavior. Even though she seems more borderline insane than the rest of the cast she doesn't seem to lack empathy completely.

2 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

17 minutes ago, EveryMansFool said:

Not that she would ever intentionally light anyone on fire, but if someone just so happened to light ablaze I feel she'd think it a real shame not to enjoy the show. Like ol' Bobby R says, "Happy little accidents," eh?

14 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

I am pretty sure that Willow would not want to see her friends getting burned alive even though her compulsion to set things ablaze very well could end in that scenario. She probably realizes this but is still unable to help herself. It's the lack of impulse control that makes the pyromania, if I am not mistaken. If she wanted to burn people alive for the sake of seeing them suffer it would lean more towards psychopathy or some sadistic behavior. Even though she seems more borderline insane than the rest of the cast she doesn't seem to lack empathy completely.

Klei has "softened" his game a lot in recent times: he removed cannibalism, he removed Warbucks, he removed references to prayers from Wolfgang's quotations, the new characters are basically all positive (Winona is hardworking, Wormwood is ecological and peaceful, Wilba is carefree and cheerful, Wheeler is adventurous and reckless, Wortox is generous and kind... in short, we are light years from the first DS concept art, characterized by assasini robots, depressed young girls who talk about suicide, mad scientists who try to revive the dead, ect.
Willow may have originally been thought of as an sadist murderess, but surely it is no longer the case.
The update around her teddy bear reflects this.
I'm pretty sure that at the beginning Willow was, in Klei's intent, the maker of her own misfortune.
I fear instead that now we will see her "victim of the events".
There is nothing wrong, but honestly I preferred the dismal and bleak air that the game had before. :'D

4 minutes ago, Pop Guy said:

Klei has "softened" his game a lot in recent times: he removed cannibalism, he removed Warbucks, he removed references to prayers from Wolfgang's quotations, the new characters are basically all positive (Winona is hardworking, Wormwood is ecological and peaceful, Wilba is carefree and cheerful, Wheeler is adventurous and reckless, Wortox is generous and kind... in short, we are light years from the first DS concept art, characterized by assasini robots, depressed young girls who talk about suicide, mad scientists who try to revive the dead, ect.
Willow may have originally been thought of as an sadist murderess, but surely it is no longer the case.
The update around her teddy bear reflects this.
I'm pretty sure that at the beginning Willow was, in Klei's intent, the maker of her own misfortune.
I fear instead that now we will see her "victim of the events".
There is nothing wrong, but honestly I preferred the dismal and bleak air that the game had before. :'D

even from DS quotes, she doesn't have quotes that directly reflect her being a cold blooded person... just a mentally imbalanced one... and that's a difference

I disagree dude

27 minutes ago, FreyaMaluk said:

even from DS quotes, she doesn't have quotes that directly reflect her being a cold blooded person... just a mentally imbalanced one... and that's a difference

I disagree dude

But in fact I spoke in a hypothetical way, I can't know how Klei interpreted Willow's character at the beginning: 'D
I, like you, personally, have always interpreted it as a quiet person, despite the pyromania.
I always saw her being fascinated by fire as something "artistic", not sadistic.
I imagine she arranging flammable material to compose "cubic", "square" and "T" shaped fires, ahahahah :D
But the suspicion that she could have been thought of as a real assassin remains. (The photo in the character selection portends the worst, with Willow's grim eyes and the houses behind in flames)

image.png.6462866cdbc441412dbf74590c176bfa.pngimage.png.fc6f03fece37204b02a7fc1f319e4786.png

Just now, Pop Guy said:

But the suspicion that she could have been thought of as a real assassin remains. (The photo in the character selection portends the worst, with Willow's grim look and the houses behind in flames)

no it doesn't ... it was never implied ...

the most probably scenario is that someone in her family died by flames.. even if she as a kid caused the fire.. but there was probably no "intent" ... that makes a whole lot of difference!

btw that Donald Duck reference?? who dis? :p

2 minutes ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

With how much she likes fire, my gut says she was abandoned by her family instead of them being killed, maybe because of her pyromania. It was much easier to abandon kids back then.

maybe a bit of the 2... like she is starting to obsessed with fire as a child and her parents didn't know what to do with her? --> Orphanage

Mental issues was incredibly missunderstood back then. Nowadays, pyromania is treatable in young children. But Willow was born in a time where someone could be locked up for showing signs of depression.

And here's some dump from Wikipedia about Pyromania (symptom) that I think is very interesting and may describe Willow quite well.

Common causes of pyromania can be broken down into two main groups: individual and environmental. This includes the complex understanding of factors such as individual temperament, parental psychopathology, and possible neurochemical predispositions.[4] Many studies have shown that patients with pyromanias were in households without a father figure present.[5]

We know Willow was either adopted or lived in the orphanage her entire life, and was raised by that old woman. So, no father figure present. It makes sense.

Individuals with pyromania have also been prominent in having antisocial traits. These include truancy, running away from home, and delinquency. Child and adolescent cases are usually associated with ADHD or adjustment disorders. 

I always thought Willow may have some type of autism. She's not very good at interacting with other characters, as she only says "Hi, !#?". She also seems 'stone cold' about her actual emotions. Has a dry, sometimes mean spirited sense of humor that would drive people away, and a temper. She obviously have no idea how to make friends.

Environmental factors that may lead to pyromania include an event that the patient has experienced in the environment they live in. Environmental factors include neglect from parents and physical or emotional abuse in earlier life. 

Well, she was abandoned by her parents and lived in a dark, gloomy orphanage. Who know how she where treated there.

I think these describe Willow very well. Klei did their research!

Archived