[Game Update] - 327401

• Developer
  • Medicine pack and medicine vial recipes are automatically unlocked at the apothecary when the matching doctor stations are researched
  • Add some retries to mod db loading for cases where backup utilities or onedrive have locked a file
  • Skill Scrubber will be correctly resumed on file load
  • Updated artwork for Skill Scrubber
  • Added sounds for various animated Artefacts
  • Dupe hats work correctly on the Schedule screen dropdown
  • Dupe hats work correctly on the assignment screens
  • Various sick emotes (i.e. holding stomach and swaying) no longer cause chore interruption
  • Tweaked frequency of sick emotes
  • Dupe Germ Susceptibility attribute is now Germ Resistance. Traits, game setting, boosters, etc. affect a duplicant's Germ Resistance, and each disease has a certain negative resistance. The combination of the two becomes the chance to get sick, which gets close to but never reaches 0% or 100% (except with the custom game setting of course)
  • Germ Exposure tooltips include a (small) clue as to where the germ was encountered

It's a long weekend starting tomorrow up here in Canada, so have a good weekend everyone!

View full update

• Like 18
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

All my dupes are slowly getting slimelung. If it shows the location it was contracted I might be able to deal with it. 

Mine too. But there is not a single germ in the base, and thats the only place where they move without suits.  The new system is somwhat weird.

And the new storage for some meds are not really good. With normal meds we can setup a fridge, and automate endless production until the fridge is full. With storing in the med bay "machines", there is no automation. 

But enjoy the weeked. There is always a next week.

Quote "Ipsquiggle : 

• Late game lag is now completely managed by game processing. No fps drop, no slow-motion, no hiccup anymore. Have a good week-end everyone !"

Would be a dream, yeeee. :-/

I gave up tonight. Too much, was too much. Even moving the camera is a pain, and I'm feeling like I'm watching slides.

My laptop is out of cause, MSI, i7, gtx1070, RAM 16go, able to handle latest games all set at the highest.

Klei is the only one to be able to do somethin'.

Edited by OxCD
  • Like 2

All nice changes/fixes, but the fix I was looking out for the most is still missing:

Right now I am only aware of two bug which appear in unsupervised running games, without a "preventable mechanic".

• My duplicant start ignore higher priority empty refrigerators till I reselect the food to store. (If this happens to all refrigerators of a colony, it can easly result in a starving colony.)
  • Power shutoffs get stuck in an arbitrary state. (I use automated power shutoffs to have a "lossless" automation for a power transformer. It happens that some power shutoffs stay active and some inactive even if the automation signal is changing, till a restart of the map or rebuild of the power shutoff.)

=> Both bugs can wipe your entire colony without beeing noticed right away.

Spoiler

Not really about the current update, but as I started to write about the power transformers I wanted to add something:

Am I the only one considering the automation port of the power transformer useless ? Maybe even an "noob-trap" ?

If you deactivate the power transformer, you "destroy" the current charge (and it isn´t even listed in the daily reports.

=> If space for an power shutoff isn´t critical, there isn´t a reason to use the automation port of the power transformer.

PS: Considering that power transformers are the "perfect batteries", if energy efficiency is the goal, it feels always wrong to use the build in automation port.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Meanwhile on the stream Devs are 'confused' about:

Oh it was brought up?  Nice.

Amongst other things I imagine it is an unintended consequence of what allows ice tiles to melt away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:
  • Power shutoffs get stuck in an arbitrary state. (I use automated power shutoffs to have a "lossless" automation for a power transformer. It happens that some power shutoffs stay active and some inactive even if the automation signal is changing, till a restart of the map or rebuild of the power shutoff.)

I've run into that one as well. Has it been formally reported on the bug board?

The shutoffs just stop responding to automation, and stay either on or off, depending. Reloading a save doesn't fix it. Nor, oddly does destroying and rebuilding the shutoff. What works, as I recall, is deconstructing the cable and rebuilding it.

15 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

All my dupes are slowly getting slimelung. If it shows the location it was contracted I might be able to deal with it. 

As of Qol III, slime without exosuits is to be avoided at all costs unless you have boosters ready (or just don't care that they are all sick, since penalties are lessened). A dupe sick with slimelung now sneezes, spreading it throughout your base. And it might be a few days before an exposed dupe actually catches it. Quarantine the little bastard. The issue might have nothing to do with their exploration

19 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Oh it was brought up?  Nice.

I suspect that insulation flaking, liquid duplication, and the metal cannon are all related to the same bug (whatever causes liquid duplication), with the metal cannon just being how liquid duplication interfaces with doors, and insulation flaking being an issue related to save/load settings. Hopefully the devs can track this one down. Matter conversion probably won't go anywhere anytime soon. Who knows, we've got 39 days till full release. 

4 hours ago, mathmanican said:

I suspect that insulation flaking, liquid duplication, and the metal cannon are all related to the same bug (whatever causes liquid duplication), with the metal cannon just being how liquid duplication interfaces with doors,

I think the metal cannon might be a different one. It looks lkie the doors are just melting like normal but aren`t getting deleted after that. Then changing their state from open to closed resets them to solid state and lets them melt again. Of course that`s just my suspicions.

• Like 1