New Area Ideas

The 2019 Roadmap has a ton of exciting news, including new areas and creatures! I made this post for people to share their own area ideas(include new mobs).

For example, I think there should be a large 'dead forest' area. It is a forest biome, but most of the trees have been cleared out. Birds are the only wildlife and the only remains of trees are burnt ones and stumps. The interesting part is that there is a pig cult in the dead forest, who stopped following the pig king long ago, who now follow who they call 'Waag'. There are several positions(ranks?) in the cult, and all are hostile. The first and most common position is the pig follower, which has the same look and stats and the normal pig, but has simple purple line markings across the body. Next is the pig cultist. They also have purple markings, and wear a dark purple hood(like Maxwell's Forge head). They will raise their arms above their head, and dark orbs will appear in their hands, which they will throw at you(the speed of the orbs are slightly slow, so you have a chance to dodge them).

In the dead forest, there are 3 gathering spots for the cult, which are kind of set up like bases. The majority of the gatherings are pig followers, plus some cultists. In one of the 3 spots, there is the second in command cultist. He looks like a cultist, but most of his body is purple, he's stronger, and he can produce and throw dark orbs much faster than others. If you kill him, he will drop a map scroll, and once you use it, a new cultist head icon will appear on the map. This will lead you to a new gathering spot for a boss fight.

At the new gathering spot, there is a large ring of pig cultists, continually yelling 'WAAG!'. Inside the ring is the cult leader, who looks like the second in command, but has an aura of shadows around him. He is waving his arms around in patterns, and a large shadow rift keeps on flickering in front of him(trying to summon Waag). Once the leader notices you, the boss fight begins and the ring of cultists disappear in clouds of dark smoke. The boss has 3 stages.

on the first stage, he will fight like a normal pig and occasionally fire an onslaught of orbs at you. Once he is damaged enough, he will start the 2nd stage and he will summon 3 large purple pillars on screen. Each pillar will fire a continuous beam at the leader, which powers a shield around him. You must destroy the pillars before you can do any more damage to him. After that, the 3rd stage starts and will summon several pig cultist back to help him fight. Once the cultists are dead,  he will stop moving and throw much larger orbs in random directions. The large orbs will split into a bunch of smaller ones that go in every direction. The leader will continue to throw large orbs until he is dead and the boss fight is over.

I'm not sure what should happen after that, but maybe you could wear the leader's hood to open the shadow portal and start a shadow creature boss fight with Waag. I thought up the cult thing because I like the idea and I think it can add a ton of lore. :)

5 hours ago, reverentsatyr said:

*fan fiction*

That's just some pig variant based on Lovecraftian cultist stuff with a Magic-the-Gathering spin to it, doesn't warrant a full biome.

No matter what we want and speculate, most likely Klei will surprise us with creative weirdness we will embrace/will grow on us ..because is canon, heh. We can then object to it, lore or balance-wise. Yet what will be done remains done.

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

That's just some pig variant based on Lovecraftian cultist stuff with a Magic-the-Gathering spin to it, doesn't warrant a full biome.

Yeah, calling it a new biome probably isn't appropriate, and I was thinking more about the 'new creatures' part. I just thought it would make sense to involve more pigs. For a pig king that only has a small population of like 6 pig houses surrounding him, it seemed weird that he has elites(year of the pig king) and set piece with a ton of guardian pigs.

(I forgot all about Lovecraft and his work. I didn't know that my made up idea was at all Lovecraftian styled. Also, I know practically nothing about Magic the Gathering. But I don't see how these two things are similar just because they both have cultists in them?)

2 hours ago, x0VERSUS1y said:

No matter what we want and speculate, most likely Klei will surprise us with creative weirdness we will embrace/will grow on us ..because is canon, heh. We can then object to it, lore or balance-wise. Yet what will be done remains done.

I just really hope that these new biomes will be interesting, and not be something boring like the savanna or mosaic biomes. But I'm sure they'll be great.

I've had the idea for a 'disease' biome for a while now. Essentially a forest biome but with a sickly grey colour. Trees and flowers would yield rot, beehives would be swarmed with rabid bees and maybe your character would get sick if they stay there too long. Just a thought ;)

The base biome:

Its a general forest biome with absolutely no difference of any other forest, except for the fact that it is named as "base biome". It's a solution for the "where is base" problem.

What best than send the new players, to the base biome.

●●●Spoiler●●●

Spoiler

There may not be a base in it though. Its just a name.

Geez

1. Moon Biome that seems so gorgeous but is so incredibly dangerous if unprepared. Vaguely referencing ONI?
2. Underwater Biome with aquatic city, seaweed forest, abundant fish, Shipwrecked mobs, Merms. 
3. Shadow Realm with a river of nightmare fuel and unimaginable horrors. Would have the best music. Magic would be extra powerful there. 
4. Mecha Biome with metallic lifeforms and steampunk influence. WX and Wilson's dreams come true. Could come with RoboSkins. 
5. A "Dream" world with chunks of recreations of the places the characters are connected to - Wilson's House, Maxwell's Stage, Voxola Factory - all mishmashed together. Mainly due to all the lore and quotes that would result. Could even include new trinkets! 
6. The Gorge areas. Or, at the very least the Sugarwood Forest and the crops, those were great. 
7. The Forge but without Pugna presuming the characters are servants of Them. Maybe after the Forge events? Would be nice to see him on friendly terms. Maybe battle nightmare creatures with the Forge denizens? A lava mini-biome that must be traversed in an odd manner, perhaps? 
8. More of where The Ancients came from - perhaps transported to the early days before it fell? Or a sect of those who left before it fell and set up a different colony that managed to not make the same grave errors? 

(This is basically a fantasy Wish List, I know these are so unbelievably unlikely to ever happen)

9. A Spider Realm type with slightly more civilized spider-people. Would have spider silk turf, web traps to catch evil bunny and pig mobs. Just a place where Webber can be accepted and treated kindly. 

So i debated about this with my friend and here is what we came with :

1.Ice biome: Biome full of ice,mini glaciers, frozen trees and such,It inhabited by MacTusk people which are passive to you,there are Beefalos in cages,they are there beacuse of fur and food.There is a GrandMacTusk,leader of Tusk people.They need food,so you have to give it to them,(normal or Gorge food).After this thesy wil start to help you ánd they will open up their stores.At night,there is Ultrastrong Cold,it is strong enough that when you are not close to any stronger heat source,you will die in seconds.

2.Forge biome:Normal forge with friendly Pugna (He accepts you beacuse you defeated his warriors in Fair Fight)He needs cooling materials that you will get from Tusk people,because the Lava Core of Forge is unstable.They will give you weapons and special blueprints.

3.Gorge Biome:Mumsy and Billy,she wil give you food,but she needs one BIG favor,to KILL The Gnaw,you need special weapons from Pugna and his best warriors to kill him.Then she will leave Gorge world and will cook for you special food that gives a lot of healt,sanity or Hunger.

4.Shadow world:Little is knowed about this world.It should be Unaccesible beacuse its too dangerous and Its the Homeland of Them.Its covered in constant Night and the worse Nightmares are lurking through the endless void of this Realm.You need to close it,but Them are faster,and send their Warriors to Fight with you.(More Shadow creatures and accesible Shadow World would in the new Update)

I hope you liked my and my friends ideas.Sorry for grammatic mistakes ,but writing This character:´ is too time consuming so i don´t use it.

KLEI,I LOVE YOU

27 minutes ago, WebberMain said:

.Ice biome: Biome full of ice,mini glaciers, frozen trees and such,It inhabited by MacTusk people which are passive to you,there are Beefalos in cages,they are there beacuse of fur and food.There is a GrandMacTusk,leader of Tusk people.They need food,so you have to give it to them,(normal or Gorge food).After this thesy wil start to help you ánd they will open up their stores.At night,there is Ultrastrong Cold,it is strong enough that when you are not close to any stronger heat source,you will die in seconds.

I KNEW I was forgetting a biome type! Yes, definitely ice biome with MacTusk. Reminds me of my really old Weelass MacTusk OC.....
Could also have snowstorms that replenish the glaciers, snowfruit and winter flowers, salted fish, ice spear fishing, a Bagpipe reskin of the OneManBand. 

11 minutes ago, TurtleKitty said:

I KNEW I was forgetting a biome type! Yes, definitely ice biome with MacTusk. Reminds me of my really old Weelass MacTusk OC.....
Could also have snowstorms that replenish the glaciers, snowfruit and winter flowers, salted fish, ice spear fishing, a Bagpipe reskin of the OneManBand. 

I meant the Biomes as The new Worlds

I've been working on turning my Dfly desert into a sort of Rocky Cliffs biome using stuff already in the game. From the front of the biome to the back the turf transitions into four different "elevations". The 'base' being forest turf with pine trees, then mud/rocky turf with cave boulders spread around and some twiggy trees. That transitions into guano/rocky turf to be like a snowy plateau with no vegetation and some Ewecus' around. At the center of the 'top cliffs' is the Dfly which has Cave rock turf under her and around the lava pools. 

But how would and underwater biome work for WX? 

Make if you suggest a diving suit, it would be a lil strange if you already had a diving suit skin on and your wearing a diving suit.

edit: Actually how would it work for anyone if they can’t breath underwater.

On 08/03/2019 at 6:42 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

The base biome:

Its a general forest biome with absolutely no difference of any other forest, except for the fact that it is named as "base biome". It's a solution for the "where is base" problem.

What best than send the new players, to the base biome.

●●●Spoiler●●●

Reveal hidden contents

There may not be a base in it though. Its just a name.

Geez

you've got the right idea, but aren't quite there yet. The base biome is not a normal forest, it is an unforgiving wasteland challenging for even endgame gear. While the world is in winter, the center of the biome produces a icon that looks like the celestial orb on the map.

7 hours ago, TurtleKitty said:

2. Underwater Biome with aquatic city, seaweed forest, abundant fish, Shipwrecked mobs, Merms. 

this just needs to be added to SW, not DST

I did like Earthsea's shadow world (Or farthest shore or whatever it's called (is it even the shadows homeland? Lets pretend it is)), less evil and more just trippy.

12 minutes ago, FeagleSnorf said:

But how would and underwater biome work for WX? 

Make if you suggest a diving suit, it would be a lil strange if you already had a diving suit skin on and your wearing a diving suit.

edit: Actually how would it work for anyone if they can’t breath underwater.

Shadow Magic or Science, take your pick. They just breathe and swim normally. WX would likely need an aquaphobic coating to prevent damage, which could double as adding speed in the water for other characters. I dunno. 

7 minutes ago, Raspberry Shake said:

this just needs to be added to SW, not DST

Fair enough. 

On 3/24/2019 at 12:43 AM, GetNerfedOn said:

I would suggest a biome with a perpetual season, like an Arctic Pole where all the Pengulls live. Not only that, we could expand upon the arctic vibe and add a friendly Mactusk Village with traders like Hamlet.

Cool idea, my only thought is that it doesn't seem very logical for a MacTusk village to let you near when your murdering entire families. Maybe you have to find blueprints to make a MacTusk mask to blend in(like Webber's Shamlet mask), and then you can trade? I dunno. I like the idea of trading.

9 minutes ago, reverentsatyr said:

Cool idea, my only thought is that it doesn't seem very logical for a MacTusk village to let you near when your murdering entire families. Maybe you have to find blueprints to make a MacTusk mask to blend in(like Webber's Shamlet mask), and then you can trade? I dunno. I like the idea of trading.

Wearing a Tam or having a Brush/Walking Cane in the inventory would also gain instant aggro.

Archived