QoL Upgrade Mk 2 Now Open For Testing! - 306320

3 hours ago, Mariilyn said:

New printing pod abilities were in demand but I'm not sure that such random choices are a good idea. Especially since it's possible to reload the game until a desirable option appears.

I'd like to suggest that the pod should need some form of update or to be submitted samples before being able to print other stuff, and require the player to select 3 cycles in advance the category of item that they wants (plant or critter or dupe or material or food, for instance).

I prefer something like this:

1) Can't print something you never discover by yourself

2) Give you something you miss on your storage (run out of food -> food egg or critter, run out of water -> water or ice, heat trouble management -> something cold like ice or weeze)

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Flydo said:

I prefer something like this:

1) Can't print something you never discover by yourself

2) Give you something you miss on your storage (run out of food -> food egg or critter, run out of water -> water or ice, heat trouble management -> something cold like ice or weeze)

First one seems reasonable.

Second one could be easily taken advantage of by locking supplies out of reach from dupes.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nitroturtle said:

First one seems reasonable.

Second one could be easily taken advantage of by locking supplies out of reach from dupes.

For the second my first thinking is, not on the map (in the black fog)

1 minute ago, crbd115 said:

image.thumb.png.dfb6048c0cedeef75ebb0d1735deb358.pngUhhh anyone else think one of these choices is a little too good for cycle 18 lol

I think 500kg of steel is too much even for cycle 1000. It's a lot more than what I get from my rockets that go to a Steel planet.

Just made an account for the forums to say how much I love this game and enjoyed this update.

You guys nailed it.

The new printing pod properties are so sweet.. it made things much more relaxing. No paranoia about running out of stuff with no point of return...

Happily dropped my 1600 cycles colony to start over.

Thank you, Klei!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Alpe12 said:

I think 500kg of steel is too much even for cycle 1000. It's a lot more than what I get from my rockets that go to a Steel planet.

Quite agree, no need to have steel, we can have free iron with comet and lime from egg shell and the pod, quite enough

I think a printing pod fix would be to have it print objects which you have sacrificed to it. If you want a shine bug egg, you need to have sacrificed one to it. That means you'll have to discover it, and obtain the capacity to produce it. So no getting steel until you've made enough steel to sacrifice to it so that it might produce steel.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Ipsquiggle said:

Printing Pod can now print objects other than Duplicants, to give your colony that little extra boost

The button - "Select Your Duplicant" should probably be reworded, as well as the "Select your DNA blueprint" if this is the case. From what I've seen it's a generic printing pod now.

This could be interesting as a story element - ..like it's a mailbox that just randomly taps into the ether of various things passing through extra dimensional time or something.

• Like 1

Ran into an issue I haven't been able to duplicate.  Dupe was suffocating in water and the top task in his "To Do" list was at priority -1 to move back into the air. But instead of doing anything, he just stood there with a look of panic on his face.  I didn't think of taking SS or anything, but if anyone else notices this happening...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, CyanAD said:

I think a printing pod fix would be to have it print objects which you have sacrificed to it. If you want a shine bug egg, you need to have sacrificed one to it. [...]

But if you don't do the sacrifice and lose all your critters of a given type then they're forever lost.  This gameplay possibility doesn't seem to add anything other than getting newbies games hosed simply because they didn't know this had to be done.

• Like 7

Now we have the ability to see the task list, and given that we already have the ability to directly control dupe movement, can you also add the ability to force a dupe (providing he/she is able) to stop what they are doing and perform a specified task immediately - preferably with a single click? Those of us who have played Rimworld will be familiar with this feature and how useful it is when you want to get your hands dirty and micro a particular scenario.

I know that the !! priority could be used by this but, as I understand it, it doesn't easily allow you to specify which dupe performs the action (i.e. it will probably end up setting Lazy Lucy on it who is presently on the other side of the planetoid and has severe asthma rather than Speedy Susan standing next to it who at the time was on her way to sweep up some speck of meaningless dirt).

I feel this would drastically reduce the amount of frustration associated with dupe priorities, which often feels less like managing a workforce and more like herding cats.

• Like 7

13 hours ago, Brothgar said:

There seems to be a small problem with door access.

Edit: Once you reset the door, the dupes understand the access rules.

image.thumb.png.ebe0cb79c09ba07de24887a16abe9d46.png

zsDZYJE.png

Edited by cpy
  • Like 1

I get the feeling that devs have worked a lot on the way ONI runs. When you look at it, there's not much things that are new. There's no new things, no new artwork for the paintings. Nothing in the critter side.

In fact, I'm a bit disappointed because there's not much that is new. But hell the multi-threading and the multi-framing is a very big change and represents a lot of work.

I'm still hoping for new things to be added before the launch of QoL2. Keep up the good work. There is a lot of improvement in those 2 last upgrades.

• Like 1

No new content, but I'm 100% happy with printing pod changes and performance.

I'm a noob, let me live inside the small safe temperate bubble for longer!! The game is so smooth now and the dupes seem to be much Smarter.

Except for the outhouse crash bug, everything else seems perfect. I have tears in my eyes.

• Like 1