QoL Upgrade Mk 2 Now Open For Testing! - 306320

I know how to make the contraption you(6Havok9) mentioned [although thx for you help].

I just want things that can be simple to be simple :). However i am not against more flexibility in automation signals like you(6Havok9) said.

I almost finished translating the new strings but I have an issue:

STRINGS.MISC.TAGS.MARKEDFORCOMPOSTINSTORAGE:

In Compost Storage

I'm trying to find where this string appears. I tried composting seeds and food from storage or on the ground  without luck.

16 hours ago, 6Havok9 said:

Not on topic, but you can make one quite easily right now using the tools available. Have the input pipe go on for one more tile after the reservoir input port, place an element sensor there. Then you can loop back the pipe or have it go to another destination, it doesn't matter: that bit of pipe will always be empty until there's space in the reservoir. Once it detects something, it means that the reservoir is full.

While an item that simplifies or "condenses" a player made build into a readily available package is oftentimes good and can save time and sanity, and I would happily support it, this is one of the cases where I'd advocate against it. In this case we are talking about a rather easy thing to do for the player, just takes some thinking and tinkering and when you actually make it work you have that sense of reward and accomplishment that the "build this, connect. Bam, done" way simply does not provide. Just my thought, tho.

Why then send a signal when full? You can already do that as you can see. If we really want that thing to be able send a signal, then it should be at X% or N units, and let us set that % or number. Or even, behave like a smart battery, a really smart item. Rather than easier, I'd like things to be smarter and useful in more ways. *cough* smart storage *cough*

I was thinking more about being able to set the limit of amount on storage devices.

On the note of what else to add, I would love an "alarm".  Like red alert but no dup action.  

High/low reservoir

High/low food

High/low temperature

Use automation and have it connect to something like the clock only it is an alarm to bring things to your attention. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I agree. We should be allowed to turn it off (please, do leave it enabled by default!). My current base is large and operation stretch across the whole depth of the asteroid. On top of that I harvest wil grown sleet wheat, which automatically brings long traveling times with it. But the dupes I need to stay near one spot -chefs, ranchers- have low traveling times. All the rest have to travel a lot due their roles in the colony.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, FenrirZeroZero said:

Many of the crashes are related to path invalidation. Atumated doors and the Tube Network seem to be the main issue

You've made my life easier. Still I can't play, but now I know the reason. :D

@FenrirZeroZero could you fix my save if you know how?

Incredible Panopticon.sav

Edited by FollowStrong

10 hours ago, FollowStrong said:

You've made my life easier. Still I can't play, but now I know the reason. :D

@FenrirZeroZero could you fix my save if you know how?

Incredible Panopticon.sav

Edited 10 hours ago by FollowStrong

I can't since i'm currently playing with mods.

But the way is relativ simple. Sent all Dupes beside one into a room with doors. Set the doors to only Entry. 

Then tell the remaining dupe to remove the tubes.

Because the Problem is triggered autmatically when too many dubes go through on tube. (It goes into "low energy mode" and aborts all pathes through it)

For now i suggest water locks for pressure locks with exo suits. (Somehow "not enough atmo suits" do not seem to trigger the error)

Edited by FenrirZeroZero

Dear Klei. 

Recently you have changed the fact that hatches and dreckos could fall through opened pneumatic doors, verticall or horizontally. Now they can't, which essentially made the slaughterhouses which uses drowing as a means to kill animals useless.

Please don't make dumb changes to the game.

11 minutes ago, MasterVegito said:

Dear Klei. 

Recently you have changed the fact that hatches and dreckos could fall through opened pneumatic doors, verticall or horizontally. Now they can't, which essentially made the slaughterhouses which uses drowing as a means to kill animals useless.

Please don't make dumb changes to the game.

But... You can still drown your critters... What kind of build are you talking about? 

10 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

But... You can still drown your critters... What kind of build are you talking about? 

Perhaps I can provide a screenshot to further my gripe with this change.

In this design which i found somewhere on this site, The owner programmed it with the idea that after button is pressed, doors open for 5 seconds, drecko or qa hatch, goes in, falls flat to his death in water, doors close after 5 seconds making drecko's unable to escape. This doesn't work anymore, due to that change. Dreckos or hatches simply walk over an opened door.

Ironically if you spawn one in mid air and he falls onto the open or locked door, he falls through regardless. 

THIS MAKES NO SENSE.

testetd on beta yesterday.

2019-02-13 20_58_15-Oxygen Not Included.png

2019-02-13 20_58_36-Oxygen Not Included.png

Edited by MasterVegito

8 minutes ago, MasterVegito said:

Perhaps I can provide a screenshot to further my gripe with this change.

This setup isn't really reliable. The drecko could be in a spot where he won't fall (and die).

You can still use a slaughterhouse with doors automated to close so the water goes up and drown the critters.

I'm sure you can adapt your build to solve this problem instead of calling changes dumb.

4 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

This setup isn't really reliable. The drecko could be in a spot where he won't fall (and die).

You can still use a slaughterhouse with doors automated to close so the water goes up and drown the critters.

I'm sure you can adapt your build to solve this problem instead of calling changes dumb.

You never played this gae if this is your recommended idea. Your method causes water to dissapear, so it's unreliable. Besides, you will never push enough water up to drown a drecko, because if you do, the drop off point is also flooded, because pushed water needs to flood the entire room, with no squeare left. Mine simply depends on waiting for AI drecko to fall through. 

And why shouldn't i speak my mind? I paid for this thing, because little sissies like you aren't used to criticism, I don't care. Klei could always take a page out of Bethesdas book and release mod tools so that people can fix the game themselves.

Edited by MasterVegito

5 minutes ago, Yunru said:

I hate to inform you, but you are incorrect in saying he is incorrect.

Doors only delete fluids when the fluid has nowhere to go when it closes.

.... Thats the idea. How can you flood something if the fluid has anywhere to go? Another genius. Also, try to flood the room in the picture, in doors with qthe amount of liquid reaching 50% of it. Good luck. You can't go above it, since the drop off point cannot be flood otherwise it's unusable.

Edited by MasterVegito

Well yes they made dropping critters through doors impossible. You can still drop them using a gantry though (if you want to use steel and 1200W).

There are many designs using doors under water to drown critters. Mostly used for dreckos, especially after the change that made them walk out of water. If they didn`t work then why would people use them? Water deletion usually doesn`t happen unless there`s some sort of gas conflict not allowing it to move out of the room.

.... Thats the idea. How can you flood something if the fluid has anywhere to go? Another genius.

Oh that`s the problem. Mesh tiles work just fine. Air goes out critters stay in.

Edited by Sasza22

4 minutes ago, MasterVegito said:

.... Thats the idea. How can you flood something if the fluid has anywhere to go? Another genius.

The fluid goes in the place being flooded. Genius. Go troll somewhere else, in a place with no oxygen preferably.

12 minutes ago, Sasza22 said:

Well yes they made dropping critters through doors impossible. You can still drop them using a gantry though (if you want to use steel and 1200W).

There are many designs using doors under water to drown critters. Mostly used for dreckos, especially after the change that made them walk out of water. If they didn`t work then why would people use them? Water deletion usually doesn`t happen unless there`s some sort of gas conflict not allowing it to move out of the room.

Oh that`s the problem. Mesh tiles work just fine. Air goes out critters stay in.

I have to admit though, I never considered making the roof of such a room out of air flow tiles. Gotta check this out afterk work. But the whole, push the water upwards problem, still stands.

Edited by MasterVegito

1 minute ago, MasterVegito said:

I have to admit though, I never considered making the roof of such a room out of air flow tiles. Gotta check this out afterk work. But the whole, push the water upwards problem, still stands.

What "push the water upwards problem", there isn't one!