Jump to content

Brand New Content speculations (new biomes, creatures and more)


Recommended Posts

promo_future.png

We are getting brand new content for DST this year.

What are your speculations on this new content?

 

I have some speculations for a new creature living in the new lands, and hear me out here: I think we will get a rat-like creature.

Chinese New Year has a 12-year cycle of animals being related to the new year. In 2020, this animal will be a rat. I don't think Klei wants to end this nice small tradition, and it would be wierd if they chose a different animal or looped back to the gobbler from 2017.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would they make a rat-like creature just because of a chinese new year? I mean, if there will be some new creatures, they won't be related to any of the events. I don't think Klei wants us to memorize creatures with a certain event. 

Like you said, chinese new year has a 12-year cycle of animals, so what, we would have more fun every 12 years just because we would see a rat? :wilson_dorky: There's no year of a bee, there's no year of a frog, then why would those animals be in the game? Heh :wilson_dorky:

Of course, we can get some rat-like skins, but I don't think that the rat is a creature that we can't wait for and Klei will provide us with, just because of an event :wilson_dorky:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Hunterluz said:

Why would they make a rat-like creature just because of a chinese new year? I mean, if there will be some new creatures, they won't be related to any of the events. I don't think Klei wants us to memorize creatures with a certain event. 

Like you said, chinese new year has a 12-year cycle of animals, so what, we would have more fun every 12 years just because we would see a rat? :wilson_dorky: There's no year of a bee, there's no year of a frog, then why would those animals be in the game? Heh :wilson_dorky:

Of course, we can get some rat-like skins, but I don't think that the rat is a creature that we can't wait for and Klei will provide us with, just because of an event :wilson_dorky:

Moleworm sounds like a replacement for rats... They both are annoying.

Zodiac Animal Recent Years Personality Traits
Rat 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020 Quick-witted, resourceful, versatile, kind
Ox 1925, 1937, 1949, 1961, 1973, 1985, 1997, 2009, 2021 Diligent, dependable, strong, determined
Tiger 1926, 1938, 1950, 1962, 1974, 1986, 1998, 2010, 2022 Brave, confident, competitive
Rabbit 1927, 1939, 1951, 1963, 1975, 1987, 1999, 2011, 2023 Quiet, elegant, kind, responsible
Dragon 1928, 1940, 1952, 1964, 1976, 1988, 2000, 2012, 2024 Confident, intelligent, enthusiastic
Snake 1929, 1941, 1953, 1965, 1977, 1989, 2001, 2013, 2025 Enigmatic, intelligent, wise
Horse 1930, 1942, 1954, 1966, 1978, 1990, 2002, 2014, 2026 Animated, active, energetic
Goat 1931, 1943, 1955, 1967, 1979, 1991, 2003, 2015, 2027 Calm, gentle, sympathetic
Monkey 1932, 1944, 1956, 1968, 1980, 1992, 2004, 2016, 2028 Sharp, smart, curiosity
Rooster 1933, 1945, 1957, 1969, 1981, 1993, 2005, 2017, 2029 Observant, hardworking, courageous
Dog 1934, 1946, 1958, 1970, 1982, 1994, 2006, 2018, 2030 Lovely, honest, prudent
Pig 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995, 2007, 2019, 2031 Compassionate, generous, diligent
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Tapirus said:

I was thinking the same thing. 

Gobbler was used for Year of the Rooster, so, Moleworm for the next Year sound good.

Sounds like a good replacement, We probably wont be able to get cheese-themed items though :p (I mean who heard of moleworms loving cheese?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Szczuku said:

Why would Chinese New year have anything to do with new content?

When it's time for Event then it'll appear but right now (not counting Year of Pig) it has no reason to affect permament content updates

Didn't the devs say we are gonna get permanent content for year of the pig? You are right however about it affecting the updates in March/April.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Omaremad74 said:

Didn't the devs say we are gonna get permanent content for year of the pig?

I think it was more of a "You can activate the event when creating the world at any time" rather than "this is permament in-game content"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Szczuku said:

I think it was more of a "You can activate the event when creating the world at any time" rather than "this is permament in-game content"

Quote

Similar to the Year of the Gobbler and Year of the Varg, We have an update planned for Lunar New Year with a small set of new skins. This update will remain in the base game and will continue to be playable beyond the holiday. More details will be coming just before that update. 

Hmm, It sounds like as if there is gonna be permanent, it does say "beyond the holiday" .

But we shall see! Any ideas when year of the pig is coming?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Omaremad74 said:

Hmm, It sounds like as if there is gonna be permanent, it does say "beyond the holiday" .

But we shall see! Any ideas when year of the pig is coming?

Sometime today aka within the next 14~ hours since timezones.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:59 AM, Bigfoot said:

Speaking of which, the Year of the Pig King update is going live on Thursday! Long Live the (Pig) King!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope they will add some mechanics form shipwrecked. For example small seas between the continents. The only think what I don't like in SW is how small are islands. It would be cool to see bigger continents and some completaly new bioms divided by the sea. And also characters. I would love to see Walani and Warly in DST

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, for year of the Rat the Moleworm is the obvious choice, but bats are called flying rats so they could be contenders. Or the concept rats could be a new rare mob type. Hopefully a Nutcracker reference. 
Now "Year of The Beefalo" I thirst for. Baby Purple Beefalo pet? Beefalo costume? Maybe even the "Noxen" idea that has been thrown in the forum debates? 

As for new biomes, some unlikely ideas: 
     an Ice Biome: MacTusks, ice-fishing holes, snow piles and ice mounds that regen via snowstorm, the slickster. 
     Underwater Biome: travel to like the caves, seaweed jungles, underwater gems and ores guarded by deep sea horrors, the abyss will not just look into you it will try to drag you to your horribly slow death. 
     The Uncanny Valley: gorgeous fruits that are poisonous, abundant free treacle-honey that makes sanity plummet, a mound of skeletons and items hidden behind immaculate hedges, all flowers hurt to pick, food rots quicker, the waves are bloodsucking bunnies, tallbirds that are evil as ever but now come in pink feather floof. Skits Wears Prada. 
     

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

×
×
  • Create New...