Loading balancing 5x 20 kW lines - Anyone has a solution ?

10 hours ago, Kabrute said:

also read the power image.png.90152d4ee02d77e58e76aa63c8baa591.png when doing the test to determine the transformers protective capacity

also it looks like your using a large transformer in the first image, switch to a small transformer for testing small lines please

Here is the summary: 

A single large Power transformer limits the power to 3.84kW (4 tepidizers) in this configuration, most of the time.   

One tick every 4 seconds, it outputs 25.92kW (27 tepidizers) - turns out 3 weren't covered so this is the max load. No line damage noted yet.   

A single small power transformer limits the power to one tepidizer (960W).  All the time.  So this at least appears to be working as intended.SmallPTLimiter.jpg.411e847f38c2200147bcc83eacc6dbf8.jpg

3_84kW PT.jpg

25kW PT.jpg

I'm starting to think this belongs in bug reports.  Sorry to derail the thread.  I really thought it would address the OP's load-limiting question.

Hey guys. In order to perform load balancing between 5 example lines, I would need to limit each line to 20 kW and the energy needs to be able flow in all directions. A power transformer only allows one direction. Of course, I could use 10 power transformers between two lines ( 5 transformers per direction, between each connected ring line ) , but my idea is to get away from power transformers, as I've already built something like +100 transformers and I dont want to build another 100 to 1000 transformers for my dynamic load balancing ring line idea.

Is there no other way to limit the power on a line, besides transformers? Any ideas ?

Dear Klei, please give us 50,100 & 200 kW wires & transformers, a power-load-sensor and some line limit resistor ( make it get hot on load :) Thank you !

Wishing a nice Xmas, babba

BTW - Multiplayer...

image.thumb.png.5a38ea5acf4eef0e3452da7a70c002c1.png

11 hours ago, Kabrute said:

on a whim, move the shutoff up 1 space and give it a power pigtail hooked to the line.

image.png.7aa1a97279bc51b1d1259c664fec44ca.png
image courtesy of @R9MX4

This pic was an exploit. But it was fixed very quickly.

At that time, about half a year ago, Klei was willing to reply me and fix the bugs which I posted. But I feel they try to ignore me now. I miss the past days.

Spoiler

Recentlyimage.thumb.png.d645503d43a11d7ed2d344d7cf2f012d.png

previouslyimage.thumb.png.4877ffc8b7de49371befc490f7be263c.png

FYI - How ONI handles power ( if one does not use transformers between generators & consumers )

Producing 20 kW and having consumers on a power wire capable of 20 kW, add`s the consumer drain wattage on to the total line power load.

Below: 20 kW power production with 10 Petro Generators

image.thumb.png.691cb65601b40573b21ae7b44cfc7678.png

Consumer connected without any in-between transformers

image.png.8916dd9a8cefded861f83770aa01de45.png

Total Wire load: Producers 20kW +1.8kW consumers ( current usage value in my game ) = 21.8 kW wire load

image.png.0d9fad7e3d8e9c238c21988cc64942aa.png

On 12/22/2018 at 8:19 PM, Saturnus said:

90KW load on regular wires. No problem.

image.thumb.png.1a4973bd8f60a6563ebe2a3fa6435740.png

RI test.sav

I get the "switchero magic" with the power switches but why are you using transformers for each hydrogen generator? Removing them makes it that the power load shows in the network so what is it the deal with them? Could you also have several generators connected >4kw and use a large power transformer? 

Appreciate it! :) 

Got it all working. Interestingly enough I had a lot of issues with the smart batteries not getting charged even though other smart batteries on the same network were full. Putting a few transformer in between my battery bank and your power switch design fixed it.

I guess smart batteries don't "request" power from other batteries or something like that... 

1 hour ago, Mullematsch said:

I guess smart batteries don't "request" power from other batteries or something like that... 

Correct. Batteries only charge from generators and transformers. As you discovered, batteries can be used to power a transformer that will then charge other batteries.

This is why a Smart Battery controlled generator bank feeding multiple Smart Battery controlled transformers works so well and pretty much eliminates the need for battery banks outside of solar panels. 

On 12/20/2018 at 1:37 AM, Rainbowdesign said:

this.DoPostConfigureComplete(Wire.WattageRating.Max20000, go);

What does Wire.WattageRating.Max20000 evaluate to? if it's 20k then just toss 50k in there, otherwise if it's a smaller number say like 2 or 3 then another definition will be needed, as well as the code that handles load checking. 

On 1/10/2019 at 2:39 PM, ishakaru said:

What does Wire.WattageRating.Max20000 evaluate to? if it's 20k then just toss 50k in there, otherwise if it's a smaller number say like 2 or 3 then another definition will be needed, as well as the code that handles load checking. 

I cannot edit the source code and i dont know the right syntax for code to inject.

22 minutes ago, babba said:

Perhaps Ipsquiggle can kindly help you if you ask him friendly in a message :p

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/profile/202401-ipsquiggle/

@Rainbowdesign

I doubt it its a big difference between modding something with external code from normal coding. Maybe trevice could help me with this but i myself will not ask anyone for help.

Archived