Don't Starve Update Trailer - A Winter's Tale

JoeW

Dis anyone else noticed that Wes, on day 1, was killed by a Warrior Spider, that went back into a tier 1 Spider Den.

Also the death montage happened on day one and the characters had already high research equipment. It may just be item editing made by the developers or the second world starts in winter.

Edited by L0stLP

Yay, its finally here!Lots of dying, and the whole thing sounded like really slow morse code... So whats the puzzle?Edit:My rough attempt at the morse code: - .... . .. .-. . -.-.. .. ... -.-- --- ..- .-. -... .--. .. -.-. .. -. ---did the spacing better...And here is the functioning version - .... . .-. . . -. -.. .. ... -.-- --- ..- .-. -... . --. .. -. -. .. -. --.

Here end is your beginning?Probably supposed to be "the end is your beginning" I guess that mean they're in purgatory.

It's amazing how much new content Kevin and co. can churn out in only two weeks' time, isn't it? Wow.

Re: the pigs attacking

This might not have anything to do with Winter and more to do with Kevin getting inspiration from the "25 reasons not to trust pigs" thread, where we was hinting that he was teaching Pigs how to kite the player (turnabout is fair play!) and was considering the idea that, if you kill any pigmen, all pigmen in a certain radius of the kill will attack you on sight for a certain amount of time - read: give them longer memories and making them less likely to forget that you've been murdering their fellows after 3 seconds.

Also, Keven has admitted that he uses dev builds and "cheats" in order to keep the time required to slap together these teaser updates at a reasonable level. I wouldn't read much into what day everyone is dying on, or what equipment they had on, as it was probably just Kevin pushing a few cheat buttons to generate a character at a certain progression level in a world that's always Winter for testing purposes.

All that said, this update makes the Sanity update look paltry in comparison. Crazy. I can't wait!

He needs a flintlock or a blunderbuss....not blow darts

Kevin said while Guns would fit the 'time period', he doesn't want them.

And a Freeze Dart would be too OP in the hands of a mob.

You missed to show us the penguins!

What? No snowman? C'mon!

This should explain it:

There are three more working days left for the Winter update. Here are some frosty things that we've been working on:

Periodic snow + ground accumulation.

Warmth mechanic (like dapperness, but you can freeze to death).

Scottish Walrus Nobleman Father and Son Hunting Party.

Deerclops.

Ice Hounds.

Stuff that might have to wait for the next update:

Pengull swarms.

Angry, craftable snowmen who throw snowballs.

Fun times!

Edited by ArcticFox789

Trailer looks nice, although I have a feeling there is not that much new content compared to previous updates. We shall see how much new stuff there will be that was not mentioned in the trailer. I hope for some tweaks to world generator at least, maybe some overall rebalancing.