Little things that make the game great

As I have been playing I have noticed a bunch of little things that are really awesome. I just wanna say thank you to Klei for making such an awesome game and for listening to your players.Lets share in this thread the little attention to detail that really makes you guys love the game!For me, I noticed the sound is excellent. I really like the footstep sound on the new wooden floors.I also love the fact that when you wear an amulet it makes a metal clinking noise when you run.Edit: Also the gobbler, I die laughing every time one pops out.

Edited by Kittiko

Honestly, I think one of the reasons this game has been so successful and inspiring (besides the great game itself) is because of the way that each update feels like an event. It gets me hyped for every single update and genuinely excited to see what's going to happen next. It's honestly doubled my enjoyment of this great game.Not to mention the absolute charm of everything in the game. Simple mobs like the pigmen and beefalo I absolutely love and just can't get enough of.

Edited by Sliver

Dark twisted humor and that special air of challenge around it that made me survive the initial 20-30 deaths to learn through them. And when I finally got good at it, I could stand proud and say - "Ha, game, I have overcome your trials!"

The spooky atmosphere. I still jump when I hear the trees growing.

this too. Though my first walk thru the forest biome will forever remain in the traumatized part of my brain.Also the hisses of spiders. And that hiss when you know krampus is comming.

this too. Though my first walk thru the forest biome will forever remain in the traumatized part of my brain.Also the hisses of spiders. And that hiss when you know krampus is comming.

Running through a rocky biome and like 4 spider queens spawn. *cringe*

Whenever there is something scary i just think "just move on, it can't hurt you when it's behind you".

I too, am totally hooked! I have had the game one week now and have already put in 65 hours! I described it as "Minecraft -y with a Tim Burton style." Probably the one little thing that made me literally laugh out loud when I noticed and I still chuckle about, is the way the characters' legs swing from side to side when they are running "toward you" or down screen. I love the animations, like the way they guy jumps when swinging a pick axe and the puffed up cheeks when eating. I enjoyed the sound of the turkeys at first, but now they are just such pests, killing my bushes all the time, that I can't find any joy in them at all :p

Wilson's hair still amazes me to this day. But yeah the art style really drew me in, and I really like the characters of Maxwell and Wilson. What keeps me really pumped for the game is this community, everyone is having a great time, and its fun to stalk the dev. for update hints. Also I get to wear a top hat. I love you Don't Starve~

All the little sounds (log armor plunking around, wooden floor steps, ice steps, spider nest and wormhole rumbles... etc."My favorite past time is getting multiple species of critters to fight in one giant battle royal, then I run around and loot after killing the winner/s.I have so many hours in this game and each update makes it a brand new experience. I think I might be a little sad when it's out of beta, but hopefully they make lots of money and the content patches keep on coming.