On 2/15/2017 at 1:31 AM, CaptainChaotica said:

_God_ I wish I could draw that well and fast!  I doubt I could even match the Don't Starve art style at all, let alone at such short notice...!

Then practice. The only way to get better at something is to practice. Talent does not come naturally. Hone your skill. Refine it.

7 hours ago, Zeklo said:

Signing a card comes from the one giving the card not the one receiving it. At least where I live.

The joke was since they all have names starting with "w" noone would know who it came from. Thus being an anonymous message.

That's how I interpereted it at least.

Ex-ZACTLY! That's precisely what I meant.  And what I presume the joke was meant to be _in_ the comic itself, too.

As for the drawing, sigh...I used to draw all the time, but nowadays, after I first got depressed years ago, I find myself just not having the..._urge_ to draw anymore.  Hardly ever, anyway.  I used to like, _feel_ creative and HAVE to express myself, now actually finishing a picture is like pushing rope.  I just don't have the motivation anymore.  :(

This creeps me out and saddens me so much, but I have no idea what to do about it (and yes, I'm already on medications.  Plural).  This is also why so much of my "art" these days is just taking already-made assets from somebody else and arranging them in clever ways, such as highly customised Sims (Pelliway can vouch for my Sim-Wigfrid!) or taking an online dollmaker game that was meant for fantasy characters and making a superhero with it just to see if I can.  It's still creativeISH, but not the same as doing my own from scratch.

Wanna see my only other Don't Starve artwork so far*, totally unfinished and scribbly?  (Although, the "scribbly" part is kind of a benefit in this case.)  Here ya go!

Spoiler

willowwendyandabigail.png

I still haven't even figured out how I want their arms to be posed...but I do know why there's a random mandrake:  Because there should _always_ be a random mandrake.

ANYway. Didn't mean to drag this down.  To end on a lighter note--of course Elmo will NOT be a new character--his name doesn't even begin with a W!

...Notorious

*For those who don't know, my avatar picture of Walani is the first/completed one.

2 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

As for the drawing, sigh...I used to draw all the time, but nowadays, after I first got depressed years ago, I find myself just not having the..._urge_ to draw anymore.  Hardly ever, anyway.  I used to like, _feel_ creative and HAVE to express myself, now actually finishing a picture is like pushing rope.  I just don't have the motivation anymore.  :(

This creeps me out and saddens me so much, but I have no idea what to do about it (and yes, I'm already on medications.  Plural).  This is also why so much of my "art" these days is just taking already-made assets from somebody else and arranging them in clever ways, such as highly customised Sims (Pelliway can vouch for my Sim-Wigfrid!) or taking an online dollmaker game that was meant for fantasy characters and making a superhero with it just to see if I can.  It's still creativeISH, but not the same as doing my own from scratch.

Wanna see my only other Don't Starve artwork so far*, totally unfinished and scribbly?  (Although, the "scribbly" part is kind of a benefit in this case.)  Here ya go!

Reveal hidden contents

willowwendyandabigail.png

:shock: I never would have guessed 

6 hours ago, V2C said:

DSTupdate_heartoftheruins.png

Hey guys, this is our final preview poster for A New Reign Beta updates, Heart of the Ruins!  Some of the changes in this update are quite extensive, such as additions to Caves generation, so it may require a little more time for us to complete.  Don't worry, there will still be an update next week!  But you may notice parts of the new content will appear to be "under construction", and we will continue to patch them in as soon as they are ready, rather than waiting for another three weeks.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed bug when trying to pick up Cherub’s Heart using a controller.
  • Fixed bug in calculating diminishing returns for WX-78’s Overcharge.

View full update

Here

Archived