[Game Update] - 272643

• Developer
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when autowrangling creatures.
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when switching research while the game is paused.
  • Fixed bagged creature not falling if supporting tile is removed.
  • EatInMessHall bonus now lasts a whole cycle similar to the nice bathroom bonus.
  • Gulp fish's absorb cleaning location should now update as it moves.
  • Directional liquid displacement should better handle gas displacment.
  • Creatures should no longer be attracted to lures they cannot reach.
  • Geyser values are now distributed to make "average" geysers more common. Geysers in existing saves will be affected.
  • Tweaks to Fertilizer Maker inputs to make it mass neutral.

View full update

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

Awesome sauce, gonna check the geysers now, thanks.  Loaded my save from before.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.fd97b166615e129ef2976fb1d7f479dd.pngimage.thumb.png.ba732f499594c1ca0287cda6f317bc84.pngimage.thumb.png.9357b07c65b2a91edf7acdaa3031531f.pngimage.thumb.png.3d768d763b48660c463e2a866c510982.png

still feels too low, can't reliably run a single gene off any geyser I come across though i'm seeing a 50% boost to geysers across though board though....

Then I reloaded the seed and noticed a partial change on the seed (my oil biome is the same for some reason)

Spoiler

image.png.bea691c354942f0f10a6c036802dcf1c.pngimage.png.3e5f8add45cb33beb501ff0ff4ca7052.pngimage.png.78c4efec3ac1ee1d264d2ced80c254c4.png

Edited by Kabrute

I had a polluted water geyser that was still going to be dormant for another 20 cycles(pretty much dormant since I found it 80 cycles ago) get bumped up to active.  So not only the quantity but the activity changed.

Edited by 0xFADE

21 minutes ago, Grimgaw said:

Don't think you need to reload the seed.

My two slush geysers went 1.577kg/s > 2.35 and 1.76 > 2.47.

So water geysers, which generally were not terrible go up and NG go up but still hopeless low

56 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Geyser values are now distributed to make "average" geysers more common. Geysers in existing saves will be affected.

I´m curious if you noticed a longer activity/dormancy cycle:

Some geyser have a lower and some a higher average ouput now, but every geyser has a longer activity/dormancy cycle.

(Yeah it could be just my seed, or the average activity/dormancy cylcle could be altered)

56 minutes ago, Cheerio said:

Tweaks to Fertilizer Maker inputs to make it mass neutral.

65g/s dirt

39g/s polluted water

26g/s phosphorite

Why these odd numbers ? (Why not 40g/s polluted water and 25g/s phosphorite?)

• Like 2

Geyser values are now distributed to make "average" geysers more common. Geysers in existing saves will be affected.

What has changed exactly? The minimum and maximum values (eruption period, active period, rate) in code have not changed

Edited by neoazureus

I can imagine by the description that there may be some sort of curve applied to the values now.  So there is more falling in to the center than before.  Even though it is the same number as before the numbers tend toward the center.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, eggsvbacon said:

Does this mean no more perpetual motion liquid? SAD. I never knew thee. :(

Or the over-pressure air vent exploit to store large amount of gasses in a room ?
Can anyone confirm that ?

2 hours ago, Kabrute said:

seeds changed @PhailRaptor  time for that new post :p

It will be posted when the update comes out of Preview and becomes the Live version.

Though, I'm now rather confused about the cutoff for seed correlation.  I'm getting and seeing mixed reports that R1, R2, and Cosmic are almost but not quite compatible.

4 hours ago, neoazureus said:

What has changed exactly? The minimum and maximum values (eruption period, active period, rate) in code have not changed

each variable has a roll

OLD       variable = (max-min)* roll + min

New       variable = (max-min)* roll2 + min, 

float num1 = 0.002472623f;
float num2 = roll * (1f - num1 * 2f) + num1;
float num3 = -Mathf.Log(1f / num2 - 1f);
roll2 = (num3 + 6) / (12);

Im not good at math. Can somebody tell me whats that? It looks like something like normal distribution magic word for me.

7 hours ago, 0xFADE said:

Wasn't one of the patch notes before that eggs won't count toward critter room count?  I guess it was undone or never done since they still do.

It doesnt count for the Critter Dispenser anymore (thats was the change on the patch), but yeah you still have egg debuff on critters...

The ranching got harder with the storage changes.  I had something working very well last update.

A high priority fridge in each breeding room with a storage of a few to hold the eggs.  All the other eggs were shipped out to be ... dealt with.

Now I can't buffer a number of them automatically any more.  We need some sort of egg box that doesn't stop incubation.

17 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

The ranching got harder with the storage changes.  I had something working very well last update.

A high priority fridge in each breeding room with a storage of a few to hold the eggs.  All the other eggs were shipped out to be ... dealt with.

Now I can't buffer a number of them automatically any more.  We need some sort of egg box that doesn't stop incubation.

Cryofreezer, wheres the liquid nitrogen?

I don't want to freeze the eggs though that would work too.  Something simple that can have a priority and a kg quantity that they can be put in and hatch from.

Going from something simple like a fridge to having to rube goldberg a pressure plate and egg dropper isn't a good exchange.

• Like 1

Why not tweak the incubator a bit and make it the "high priority egg storage" everyone wants:

Let us queue incubation tasks similar to the grills menu ( let us set a incubater to indefinitely incubate a selected critter )

=> Our auto-sweeper could prefer the incubators and ensure a stable critter population (given enough dupe time)

Edited by Lilalaunekuh
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

Why not tweak the incubator a bit and make it the "high priority egg storage" everyone wants:

Let us queue incubation tasks similar to the grills menu ( let as set a incubater to indefinitely incubate a selected critter )

=> Our auto-sweeper could prefer the incubators and ensure a stable critter population ( given enough dupe time )

Yes, that would solve multiple peoples problems.  Leaving it unpowered would let it 20 cycle hatch

11 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

Yes, that would solve multiple peoples problems.  Leaving it unpowered would let it 20 cycle hatch

For me. it would make more sense for a fridge to stop incubation and the other food storage allow incubation. Eggs are a cooking ingredient so keeping them in food storages makes more sense.