http://i.imgur.com/zmUx814.jpg 

(image from @ImDaMisterL)

He has the basic shape as Maxwell!! If not that, then who is he (lore-wise)?

Is he a former survivor doomed to live out his days in this wasteland? So many question are arising from this guy that I can't even type fast enough to keep up!

And so, I will say something else... wow!

I would like it if he somehow appears somewhere in-game in a herd of Beefalos or will be a random encounter where he travels around riding a Beefalo and actually have wares to sell...

ACK! I LOVE THIS GUY ALREADY!!

His design is great. 

3 hours ago, Asparagus said:

I would like it if he somehow appears somewhere in-game in a herd of Beefalos or will be a random encounter where he travels around riding a Beefalo and actually have wares to sell...

I also really like this idea. Maybe make him a weekly event or something. Maybe he'd have a chance to give you rarer items if you buy from him, and this could help discourage idling. 

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

He has a story. Rumor is that he even at one point had a short cinematic. 

(He actually does say some things about himself from time to time, gives a little bit of information about himself)

Is his name Beefalo Bill? Although now I really wanna see this cinematic. 

For me this guy looks like ,

• He is old
  • reminds in some point Maxwell
  • Has the same nose shape as Maxwell
  • Same kind of style of the brows
  • he seems in the picture like he didn't slept some days or nights
  • he seems like he is hiding from something (because he is wearing an beefalo skin with the hair)

so from what i saw i guess that he is an - "Explorer" , because he isn't sleeping he wearing an some kind of beefalo skin and well he looking like Maxwell .

(those are actual false stuff)

Spoiler

and too i guess he is "Maxwell's" Father ? , cause why would he hide and from what ? , maybe he is hiding because he caused his son to be trapped at the end ?

15 hours ago, JoeW said:

He has a story. Rumor is that he even at one point had a short cinematic. 

(He actually does say some things about himself from time to time, gives a little bit of information about himself)

So wait, if the Trade Inn guy has a story, does that mean there's a story behind the skin drops to? Is Maxwell actually showing a sliver of compassion? Is he hoping to incite squabbling among the survivors over pretty but useless trinkets? Is Wilson close to finding a way out and They're trying to bribe Their victims into staying? I MUST KNOW

40 minutes ago, MenaAthena said:

So wait, if the Trade Inn guy has a story, does that mean there's a story behind the skin drops to? Is Maxwell actually showing a sliver of compassion? Is he hoping to incite squabbling among the survivors over pretty but useless trinkets? Is Wilson close to finding a way out and They're trying to bribe Their victims into staying? I MUST KNOW

Plot twist: Maxwell's trying to start a civil war between the survivors over clothes.

11 hours ago, Asparagus said:

new skin: Beefalo Onesie! O__O

Lol.  I was actually the one who mentioned Beefalo Onesies in the Twitch chat yesterday, and was surprised that Peter mentioned it during stream. xD  But seriously, I need that Beefalo Onesie in my life.  Please make the Beefalo onesie a Klei merchandise/skin :wilson_love:

3 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

Also, this guy seems pretty conspicuous when he says "that joystick don't do nothin." I think this mean that it DOES do something, The streamers said it might increase your chances of getting a rare skin through a trade, but I dunno.

*furiously starts wiggling his joystick*

5 minutes ago, ThaumicParrot said:

Also, this guy seems pretty conspicuous when he says "that joystick don't do nothin." I think this mean that it DOES do something, The streamers said it might increase your chances of getting a rare skin through a trade, but I dunno.

Quick, someone try the Konami Code

Archived