Some People Talk About "Don't Starve II"

Well Guys, Some of you talk about DS II, In my opinion, I prefer to see more content in DS, Better a DLC than a DS II and I would rather pay a DLC for $ 14.99 or $ 20 Than pay for another Don't Starve.

Some of you criticize the Reign of giants DLC, by their little content, Guys, IT'S HARD WORK, Designers, Programmers, etc, They are sitting on a computer trying to correct bug and programming (this is so tired), adding new content, codes, etc, to improve the game.

Hey guys! Be patience!  Klei is a company that works with humans, not with robots.

As true as that is, they still need to provide the content that players will want to play- otherwise no one will want to buy it. They're charging veerrry little for the DLC, if they charged more in the future it would balance out with all the work they're doing. Just my take.

Well Guys, Some of you talk about DS II, In my opinion, I prefer to see more content in DS, Better a DLC than a DS II and I would rather pay a DLC for $ 14.99 or $ 20 Than pay for another Don't Starve.

Some of you criticize the Reign of giants DLC, by their little content, Guys, IT'S HARD WORK, Designers, Programmers, etc, They are sitting on a computer trying to correct bug and programming (this is so tired), adding new content, codes, etc, to improve the game.

Hey guys! Be patience!  Klei is a company that works with humans, not with robots.

I think Kevin would like a word with you.

I know Klei is working on Invisible Inc., but I wish this DLC had been $7.50 for a little more content added. Please note that I'm not saying that I'm unsatisfied with RoG for its $5 price tag

$5! It's a Good price, Some people spend more money for little content, For example: Pvz2 ONE plant is about $1, 2, 4, 5.

whats the point of DS 2? DS 2 would contain everything from vanilla to RoG. they have to "add" content to the vanilla version making it a new game as it is now. no need for a 2. usually things with 2 or 3 or whatever part is. Is used to specify a new story, a new adventure. this game doesn't have much of a story to it. Its like making a mine craft 2??? just doesn't make sense

Having a Don't Starve II would be like having a Minecraft II (not saying anything about the quality of either game), it wouldn't make any sense unless they were doing it purely for profit. I think this will be a game that will still be around five years from now with a lot of DLC. As it is right now, after playing ROG I can't see any reason to play vanilla anymore. It's basically a Don't Starve II in itself. 

Having a Don't Starve II would be like having a Minecraft II (not saying anything about the quality of either game), it wouldn't make any sense unless they were doing it purely for profit. I think this will be a game that will still be around five years from now with a lot of DLC. As it is right now, after playing ROG I can't see any reason to play vanilla anymore. It's basically a Don't Starve II in itself. 

The Sims is a game of survival

Like minecraft and dont starve

And the only change going from game to game are the graphics, I see viable Dont starve

A dont starve in 3D with more fear, improve the shadows monster and introduce more story

I dont like a Dont Starve II, it seems ridiculous, I prefer DLCs, but it is entirely viable

Yeah, I don't see a point to a sequel now. It's way too soon for that to happen. If anything additional DLC or the mod community's continuous support would carry this game for quite a few more years. Usually when developers create a sequel to their ip (intellectual property), they create a new or upgrade the old engine in order to implement new features that could never work with original game. However in my personal opinion just tacking in one or two new moderate features that everyone wants, does not make it a good sequel. Which is something some major Publishers just don't get as long as it make them money. The games that have “more of the same” are better with a subtitle, but they are not worthy in being called a true sequel. Since it's not innovating or reinventing anything.

yep your comment is similar to mine. 

I could see a potential sequel going into two directions gameplay wise, but both having the same theme.  All of the old characters are now puppet master's.  Could either be some kind of god game or something like we have now, but with drastically different setting's and conditions.  More DLC is perfect if they just want to add stuff not replacing and reworking stuff.

I think that DLC has enough stuff in it for it's price and there is no need for Don't Starve II. Only one thing that gets me upset is lack of puzzles. It's one thing that got me really into loving Don't Starve so much.

Also, Puppetmaster DLC is an interesting idea! But I personally rather just like to see, when it's not Maxwell on the throne, the character, that's now a puppetmaster greets you at the start of the game.

Don't Starve 2? What would the story be?

Maxwell finds himself another magical entity? Huh.

The other characters would be puppet masters. 

If this series was to progress to another game, it would most likely be a spin-off gameplay wise.  

Probably wont happen, but i'm still interested in seeing where this universe will end up. It could sadly stop here.

whats the point of DS 2? DS 2 would contain everything from vanilla to RoG. they have to "add" content to the vanilla version making it a new game as it is now. no need for a 2. usually things with 2 or 3 or whatever part is. Is used to specify a new story, a new adventure. this game doesn't have much of a story to it. Its like making a mine craft 2??? just doesn't make sense

Don't starve 2 could have a bigger adventure mode with more story, and a lot of new biomes, more terrain generations, lakes, mountains, etc.

Don't Starve 2? What would the story be?

Maxwell finds himself another magical entity? Huh.

Or it could be Wilson escapes and Maxwell takes over the world either that or the shadow incarnates take over the world or Jack, Maxwell and all of our characters in Don't Starve as of now are thrown to the time when "The Screecher" takes place and the "Shadow Incarnates" overthrow Maxwell and the characters must survive in the new apocalyptic earth filled with clockworks that still want to kill them as they starve!

Cue original Art style!

Archived