Some People Talk About "Don't Starve II"

It seemed simple in my head. It will be difficult to explain but I'll do my best.

Ok with all the lore that is surrounding Don't Starve through all the puzzles we got, that will form the story element.

As in all RPG games you need to meet characters in order to build up a formidable team. The current roster of Don't Starve playable characters will fit that purpose. We start with Wilson, in a world outside Don't Starve. A world where events took place before we got swallowed into the wooden floor boards of Wilson's little shack in the woods. So naturally there will be towns, open fields, caves, dungeons etc....

However Maxwell will be the main boss. His powers are at their greatest and can easily bend time and space between his world and the world he was originally part of. Through that he was able to send monsters into the "normal" world. Just like Final Fantasy when roaming outside towns in the world map or dungeons, battles are randomly generated and play out as turned based action.

During our time in the normal world we unravel the mystery behind each character and what happened to Maxwell and Charlie. Towards the end we find ourselves in the Don’t Starve world we know of and must encounter Maxwell in the final showdown.

Each character will have their own unique abilities and classes. Wilson will be the sword/spearman. Willow will be an archer, Wendy will be a mage etc.....

*takes off nerdy rpg cap*

Makes sense?

Thanks, now I see at least how it would work. You have to admit that without that context is very difficult to understand how would it be executed, its like I suggest a don't starve racing game... Actually I like the idea, let me think more about it.

Do people REALLY not get that RoG is NOT FINISHED?

Its being released in full this week (hopefully) everything's basically there's everything there's going to be, right now they're mostly focused on bug fixes. Its pretty finished.

Archived