Some People Talk About "Don't Starve II"

The game was relased one year ago i think, why would there be a second part so soon, this game in my opinion doesn't need a part 2, the DLC we are getting is good enough, also i don't know who talks about a DS 2 just the people in this topic.

Don't starve 2 could have a bigger adventure mode with more story, and a lot of new biomes, more terrain generations, lakes, mountains, etc.

bigger adventure more story and biomes i think dlc can handle that. but seriously there is no world of war craft 2 is there? I'm just saying this games story would have to close out. Then create a whole new game for a 2. i don't understand why anyone likes a 2 slapped behind something.

The game was relased one year ago i think, why would there be a second part so soon, this game in my opinion doesn't need a part 2, the DLC we are getting is good enough, also i don't know who talks about a DS 2 just the people in this topic.

yeah its not a big fan base for it, but there are people who wouldn't mind seeing a 2 behind don't starve. 

A sequel for a unfinished story is kind of lame. So far the story line is on hold, and I wouldn't enjoy a entire new game for part 2. Would I be happy that the story could only be continued with a DLC? No, its practically the same thing at that point. Sequels for games are really only necessary when you can't update the game or you need stronger game engine. Other than that, its a burden on the players.

bigger adventure more story and biomes i think dlc can handle that. but seriously there is no world of war craft 2 is there? I'm just saying this games story would have to close out. Then create a whole new game for a 2. i don't understand why anyone likes a 2 slapped behind something.

It could be DLC for the story, but, i honestly think a new game with more mechanics, biomes and different weather per biomes, lakes and etc would just be better on an whole new game. As for the 2 slapped on everything, i think the game deserves a sequel, but i don't like games having an annual sequel and i don't mind if Don't Starve 2 only comes in 2-3 years...anyway, i've already spent almost 600hrs in the game so far and i don't think i will end soon, especially with the bigger game altering mods coming out in the future, like the big collaboration mod and whatnot.

now that I think of it, I haven't seen @Kevin post in a long time. Does he still exist, or did he get ported to another dimension?

I miss his posts, but he's a robot after all...maybe he's getting an upgrade and we will eventually see Kevin 2.0

I miss his posts, but he's a robot after all...maybe he's getting an upgrade and we will eventually see Kevin 2.0

He's probably working on the new game. I miss Kevin. I wish he was back, just so we could bombard him with love and hate.

Hi all.

Don't Starve doesn't need a sequel for obvious reasons.

I have to say I haven't read anywhere where someone has said the Reign of Giants DLC has very little content. If there is such a comment they were most likely trolling, as it doesn't hold true. Compare this DLC to 90% of other DLC and tell us the content in Reign of Giants for its current price tag is lacking in content. Here is a thread I made with a list of what is included to help anyone compare. http://steamcommunity.com/app/219740/discussions/0/540737958398045383/

The way I see it is with Reign of Giants we just got Don't Starve 2.

Well Guys, Some of you talk about DS II

People have been talking about a Don't Starve 2? How does that even makes sense though, how could they make it any different or more than Don't Starve? I think Don't Starve is a very standalone game that should not ever try to be replicated, i can't imagine in any way how the core ideas of Don't Starve could be improved upon in any way that would better the game, so trying to do that would probably just end in disappointment. Hey while we're talking about pointless sequels why not Minecraft 2? or another call of duty game? No, whoever is seriously taken with the idea of a sequel to Don't Starve is probably not in a correct state of mind.

People have been talking about a Don't Starve 2? How does that even makes sense though, how could they make it any different or more than Don't Starve? I think Don't Starve is a very standalone game that should not ever try to be replicated, i can't imagine in any way how the core ideas of Don't Starve could be improved upon in any way that would better the game, so trying to do that would probably just end in disappointment. Hey while we're talking about pointless sequels why not Minecraft 2? or another call of duty game? No, whoever is seriously taken with the idea of a sequel to Don't Starve is probably not in a correct state of mind.

For me, as long as they keep giving us new content once in a while, with more biomes, setpieces, generations, more cave levels with real rewards, or wathever, i don't mind if it's a sequel or DLC.

If they can do all they want with the current game, so be it. But if they need a new engine, then i'll be glad to buy the sequel.

We can count on Klei to get a deserving sequel, and not just a cash grab.

BTW, the addition i would love the most is something akin to setpieces but huge! like maybe biome size big. We could have quests, bosses and unique items in these setpieces.

I think the only reason a DS2 could be justified would be in the form of an Adventure Mode part 2 with lore expansion--but again, DLC additions would do just the same. Seeing how the game is still having updates and DLC added to it, to ask for a completely new game is somewhat ludicrous--it can be argued that the first game itself isn't even done yet.

Yes but I can't see how DS would work in that style, a linear story? a rpg sandbox? I'm very confused :spidercowers:

It seemed simple in my head. It will be difficult to explain but I'll do my best.

Ok with all the lore that is surrounding Don't Starve through all the puzzles we got, that will form the story element.

As in all RPG games you need to meet characters in order to build up a formidable team. The current roster of Don't Starve playable characters will fit that purpose. We start with Wilson, in a world outside Don't Starve. A world where events took place before we got swallowed into the wooden floor boards of Wilson's little shack in the woods. So naturally there will be towns, open fields, caves, dungeons etc....

However Maxwell will be the main boss. His powers are at their greatest and can easily bend time and space between his world and the world he was originally part of. Through that he was able to send monsters into the "normal" world. Just like Final Fantasy when roaming outside towns in the world map or dungeons, battles are randomly generated and play out as turned based action.

During our time in the normal world we unravel the mystery behind each character and what happened to Maxwell and Charlie. Towards the end we find ourselves in the Don’t Starve world we know of and must encounter Maxwell in the final showdown.

Each character will have their own unique abilities and classes. Wilson will be the sword/spearman. Willow will be an archer, Wendy will be a mage etc.....

*takes off nerdy rpg cap*

Makes sense?

Archived