Save The Pigs Initiative

THE HIPPIGCRATIC OATH  

17 members have voted

1. 1. I promise that I shall not harm a single hair on a pig’s chinny chin chin during the Year Of The Pig (King.)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I’ll be humane.
    • I’m the type of person who knocks down the houses and leaves the server with the materials.

(Please play for maximum heartstring tugging effect)

Every day, thousands of innocent pigs lose their homes to material hungry players...

Pigs have been part of our entourage since the very beginning, but in recent times this sacred bond has been broken by all measure. People no longer have the respect for these beautiful creatures as they once had. They've taken to destroying their homes and killing their families all in the name of meat and football helmets, not even once considering to welcome them into their camps as companions. We've abandoned what were once our only friends in this harsh world.

sadpig.thumb.jpg.8eee8f3feb76673f5b86386ba1e49ef6.jpg

A depiction of the typical player's response to seeing a pig. 

Things can't go on like this.

Pigs have never done us any wrong. They've never forced us to become vegetarian. They've never tried to kill us for picking their flowers. They don't even bat an eye to our commands to kill their own. All they've wanted this entire time was a simple meal. Is that so wrong?

This thread is dedicated to to the many pigs we've killed without a second thought over the years. For this, we've established the Save the Pig Initiative, a movement dedicated to getting players to stop their uncaring ways and let the pigs help as they've always done. For just one morsel a day, you can adopt your very own pig and conquer the world together like we all did those many years ago. Please, lets give these guys a proper Year of the Pig.

gladpig.jpg.7c3c29575b5ca06e952a147c3ba947e2.jpg

A depiction of a pig making a honorable 1 hp sacrifice as an act of kindness 

Will you give a helping ham to those in need?

120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif

If riding my trusty beefalo into Pig Town and slaughtering the residents right in front of their indifferent king is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

They're mean to Webber, which is punishable by death.  A full belly and useful crafting material are just a bonus.

58 minutes ago, Miss Maya said:

If riding my trusty beefalo into Pig Town and slaughtering the residents right in front of their indifferent king is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

They're mean to Webber, which is punishable by death.  A full belly and useful crafting material are just a bonus.

5c03f83422292_NewCanvas.png.80d6bc8f58d51bfc958c1cb181ba12bb.png Poor piggies are just scared! Who wouldn't be of the scary bug child? 

Important piggy fact: pigs are very trusting and will not attack friends of friends, even if their eight eyes are boar-ing into their soul

also i heard if you eat them you'll develop swine flu but that's just a rumor  

I...actually recruited a pig just earlier today, weirdly enough!  It's because for some damn reason there were these houseless Merms just hangin' out near my base.  Which is in the birch forest.  I got a frog leg from the nearby pond, found the nearest pig, went "GO GET!" and he got.  It was kinda classic, actually--I dodged around and the pig had no problem with the merm...unTIL said merm smacked me, and then the pig was immediately like "YOU NO HURT FRIEND!" and the Battle of the Forest began.

That campfire-fried fish was yummy.  :)

As for pig skins...I usually just get the ones from the pig heads on sticks from touchstones and the swamp?  It's easier and I'm leery of permanently destroying a spawner of helpful or at least neutral things.  Heh.

Hamlet pigs, on the other hand, can go (censored) themselves.  Those uppity snobs.  How DARE you attack me for picking one damn flower?  Whaddya mean, you only want one rock per day?  But I've got 15 and I neeeed some moneeeeyyy...

...Notorious

My monster meat is used to make bird eggs, I don't need pigskin, I am an old player.

the reason I don't need pigskin is that I don't want to betray my friends.

But if so, why can't the razor be used?

Bearger can drop fur, why can pig skin not be synthesized?

Razors are rarely used

THIS JUST IN!

photomania-407bb47cf887c8b30c62d355058c69fc.thumb.jpg.46b9fc32b9116d47e8bcc3c65aafbe30.jpg

Thanks to recent findings from the clouds, we finally have proof that pigs do, as a matter of fact, have souls.

You read that right, every little piggy you mercilessly slay will forever wander the wilderness in search of the heart they will never get.

Plus, now we know why their meat's always so gamey: ectoplasm. Last time I checked, ghosts haven't been the greatest for digestion; it's probably best you cut pig out of your diet anyway.  

TBH i have a love-hate relationship with pigs. I think they're cute when they're being good. I mean isn't it funny( and cruel) to have a bird put seeds down and pig go eat it only to find out it have been taken lol. Actually i had NEVER killed pigs bfore. Unless you count sending them into a suicide mission and luring them into my spider base( webber anyone) and turning them into werepigs bfore killing them. Im pretty sure killing werepigs doesn't count as killing your friends right? Plus i dont need pigs as friends, i have actual players. I absolutely HATE pigs as webber so i lead them into spiders( im terrible at kiting) and watch them DIE. I mean what logic is that? They're scared of webber? Oh no you can see their hatred and anger when they chase after webber. Plus if you're scared of sth you usually run right?

On 02/12/2018 at 11:28 AM, YouKnowWho said:

(Please play for maximum heartstring tugging effect)

Every day, thousands of innocent pigs lose their homes to material hungry players...

Pigs have been part of our entourage since the very beginning, but in recent times this sacred bond has been broken by all measure. People no longer have the respect for these beautiful creatures as they once had. They've taken to destroying their homes and killing their families all in the name of meat and football helmets, not even once considering to welcome them into their camps as companions. We've abandoned what were once our only friends in this harsh world.

sadpig.thumb.jpg.8eee8f3feb76673f5b86386ba1e49ef6.jpg

A depiction of the typical player's response to seeing a pig. 

Things can't go on like this.

Pigs have never done us any wrong. They've never forced us to become vegetarian. They've never tried to kill us for picking their flowers. They don't even bat an eye to our commands to kill their own. All they've wanted this entire time was a simple meal. Is that so wrong?

This thread is dedicated to to the many pigs we've killed without a second thought over the years. For this, we've established the Save the Pig Initiative, a movement dedicated to getting players to stop their uncaring ways and let the pigs help as they've always done. For just one morsel a day, you can adopt your very own pig and conquer the world together like we all did those many years ago. Please, lets give these guys a proper Year of the Pig.

gladpig.jpg.7c3c29575b5ca06e952a147c3ba947e2.jpg

A depiction of a pig making a honorable 1 hp sacrifice as an act of kindness 

Will you give a helping ham to those in need?

120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif120px-Pig_Dance.gif.241cc967292a66135cb2f33bb51c03aa.gif

Depends how much monster meat i have. If i have 4, then a pig gets a feast. Multiply that by a number, and that number of pigs gets a feast.

Archived