Save The Pigs Initiative

THE HIPPIGCRATIC OATH  

17 members have voted

1. 1. I promise that I shall not harm a single hair on a pig’s chinny chin chin during the Year Of The Pig (King.)

• Yes.
    • No.
    • I’ll be humane.
    • I’m the type of person who knocks down the houses and leaves the server with the materials.

1 hour ago, Booklover said:

What is animal farm?

It's a book where Orwell turned a farm into a Communist territory. The pigs become the masters of the farm, gradually standing on two legs and making their lower animal companions confuse them for their old human masters.

5aea7b5484740_Communistpigman.thumb.png.502f87893caf5a2971e7868764cfdb91.png

9 hours ago, Donke60 said:

He shot me 5 times. he gonna die

Think about it tho. He warns you off if you approach his territory. He's just another pack of walruses eking out a living in The Constant, and one of the most effective, intelligent and formidable ones too. Maybe we could at least come to accords?

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

It's a book where Orwell turned a farm into a Communist territory. The pigs become the masters of the farm, gradually standing on two legs and making their lower animal companions confuse them for their old human masters.

5aea7b5484740_Communistpigman.thumb.png.502f87893caf5a2971e7868764cfdb91.png

Seconded. It's an allegory to Stalin's rise to power, and the things he did.

11 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Think about it tho. He warns you off if you approach his territory. He's just another pack of walruses eking out a living in The Constant, and one of the most effective, intelligent and formidable ones too. Maybe we could at least come to accords?

2 hours ago, minespatch said:

he approached my territory and followed me into the latrine 

4 hours ago, Booklover said:

This ALSO brings the question: How do they respawn? They were a hunting party, so their mom would not come with them, right? Then how do they pop out suddenly a few days after they died? What, is their camp booked so much that as soon as they died, a new hunting party would rent the house?

Also, I found out that the wiki said: Each hammered down pig house gives back half of the resources required to build a new one. Guess what? You need 4 pig skin to craft a house. BUT if the pig is outside of the house, why would you get pigskin? The pig's family?

I remembered something, you guys said "Save whatever animal is in danger Initiative" right? Well truth be told, you can't survive the game without killing. What about the grass you cut? The twigs you broke? The trees you chopped? Those have lives remember? And I guess i don't have to rage about those trolls/idiots that burnt every single sapling, grass tufts and pinecones. And while we're talking about this, I propose, That We Do Not Save The Greedy Gobblers, We Instead Think About Nature First Cuz If We Can't Do Simple, We Can't Do Anything Initiative.

> Let's think of the Walrus Camp as a Hunting Lodge (complete with kennel) open to one Mactusk and Son hunting party at a time, which takes new reservations three days after a squad's elimination.

3 hours ago, Booklover said:

Seriously when people say stuff about "No killing! Be vegan!" I legit start wondering is vegan food no killing? Don't vegetables and fruits have lives? Who're they kidding? While i kinda support not killing animals( cute ones only) I can't help thinking how wrong this seems." Oh you won't kill any animals! Isn't that good?" Well it is EXCEPT you would probably unbalance the equilibrium between the animals and the plants. What are vegan foods made of? Plants. What happens when we all eat ONLY plants? Plants will go extinct AND herbivores would DIE which is the thing you want to stop. Carnivores would die later as they have no more food to eat. In the end, we would be forced to kill and eat animals to retain the equilibrium. This is the thing very few people thought of. You can't just eat plants or meat. That's what omnivores are created for, to make sure the herbivores don't eat too much and to make sure the plants don't grow to much. Its like a loop, with carnivore preventing herbivores to eat all the plants and herbivores preventing plants to grow everywhere. Think of them as regulators. We are emergency regulators, when things go wrong we eat more meat or plants. Thats why we need to have a balanced diet. To make sure WE don't disrupt the loop. Extinction happens not because the animals died out, its because WE humans disrupted their lives. WE deforested them and removed many plants. WE hunted rare animals and disrupted the loop. Thus I want to conclude: YOU are neither a herbivore nor a carnivore, STOP being like one, have a balanced diet, eat 50% meat and 50% vegetables and fruit. STOP encouraging others to only eat plants or only eat meat. Thats NOT what we're created for. And its ONLY going to kill the animals we sought to protect.

> Sadly, that is the truth of survival. We cannot avoid taking from other lifeforms to thrive, even their lives. But we could at least be humane and give back what we took.

> Also... this post was never about encouraging anybody to eat a certain food group. OP just probably wanted to selectively bring attention to the Pigs in preparation for the upcoming Year of the Pig and simply because it had to be done.

> I honestly have little say on the matter though. Especially after reading Ian Malcolm's morphine-induced rant in Jurassic Park (the book) about the mistaken believe that we can destroy/save the world.

1 minute ago, Donke60 said:

he approached my territory and followed me into the latrine 

Did you camp near him? Standard operating procedure in setting up camp requires that you do not actively camp in the territory of wild animals unless you wish to farm teir resources. Case in point: Spiders, Tallbirds, etc.

You do have a point, good sir: Most of the animals in DS are out to kill you. If only there were a pacifist route somewhere...

9 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:
hours ago, Booklover said:

SYOU are neither a herbivore nor a carnivore, STOP being like one, have a balanced diet, eat 50% meat and 50% vegetables and fruit. STOP encouraging others to only eat plants or only eat meat.

It's called being a "omnivore"...:wilson_sneaky:

Now the real mystery is what a lureplant is...5bfe2c4bc698b_Arielthoncdiscord.png.5510791e124c2132fa82ba92b8d32585.png

1 hour ago, GetNerfedOn said:

You do have a point, good sir: Most of the animals in DS are out to kill you. If only there were a pacifist route somewhere...

here's the pacifist route, you either pass or you get my fist works 69% of the time

6 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

The only omnivorous plant in existence...? But what do you call things that consume inanimate objects, especially tonneloads of stingers?

Idiotic trolls?

6 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Most of the animals in DS are out to kill you. If only there were a pacifist route somewhere...

Shall i introduce to you: WICKERBOTTOM!!! Sleepytime stories and panflute: Can't touch me. Spiders and frogs? Traps. They accidentally killed themselves. Shadow creatures? Cooked green caps. Bees? Bug net. Other evil beings? Fire farms. You're not killing them, just letting nature do its work. Stupid trolls? Water balloons. Freeze them with the power of water. Webbers? Wigfrid? Bunnymen. Let the vegans riot.

36 minutes ago, Booklover said:

Idiotic trolls?

Shall i introduce to you: WICKERBOTTOM!!! Sleepytime stories and panflute: Can't touch me. Spiders and frogs? Traps. They accidentally killed themselves. Shadow creatures? Cooked green caps. Bees? Bug net. Other evil beings? Fire farms. You're not killing them, just letting nature do its work. Stupid trolls? Water balloons. Freeze them with the power of water. Webbers? Wigfrid? Bunnymen. Let the vegans riot.

Nay, they aren't trolls. Leafy meat has it's uses, and getting rid of stingers is a big relief to laggy machines like mine as well. Also, very useful in the Bee Queen fight, if not going for an On Tentacles strategy.

What about seasonal bosses? What about Hounds which wake up a few seconds after sleep much like Tallbirds and cause chaos where they go?

Also fire farms are obsolete in DST due to the different smoldering mechanic when fire starts

Admittedly, Pacifist routes in DS serve only to cripple one's playstyle. 

Then again, DS was never meant to be an easy, forgiving game which made it possible to be kind to those actively out to harm and kill you :/

Nay, they aren't trolls. Leafy meat has it's uses, and getting rid of stingers is a big relief to laggy machines like mine as well. Also, very useful in the Bee Queen fight, if not going for an On Tentacles strategy.

What about seasonal bosses? What about Hounds which wake up a few seconds after sleep much like Tallbirds and cause chaos where they go?

Also fire farms are obsolete in DST due to the different smoldering mechanic when fire starts

Admittedly, Pacifist routes in DS serve only to cripple one's playstyle. 

Then again, DS was never meant to be an easy, forgiving game which made it possible to be kind to those actively out to harm and kill you :/

About seasonal bosses, i was told there was a thing called end table trapping? It consists of trapping the boss in a box of indestructable end tables. Hounds? Surely you have pigs? Fire farms not working? 

Try dat! Tallbirds? End table trapping! 

Also, the reason i said idiotic trolls is bcuz i've met a lot of trolls/noobs that literally gobble up everything you give them. Stingers? Got it. Glommer goop? Got it. Important resources? Burnt or taken. Seriously some people contribute loads to society by absolutely raiding every junk and valuable bfore logging out. So i categorize trolls the same as lureplants : They take everything in sight and the item disappears in a few seconds.

2 hours ago, Booklover said:

-snip-

We're getting off topic here. Sorry, OP! Sorry, Moderators! :? :(

I'll conclude that my mind stands unchanged and unchanegable: there is no pacifist route. Especially because any death caused by any traps of any shape and form is the responsibility of the user. Going by your logic, setting fire to someone's house thus burning him to death is "just letting nature do its' work".

15 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Back on topic:

What else must we do aside from desisting our hostility to the Swine and providing healthcare and lycanthropy vaccines?

(This rlly interests me because this all reminds me of, aside fron Animal Farm, Tooth and Tail.)

Wish granted!

I’m going to put an interesting little tidbit here for those of who who want to recruit swine armies of your very own. I actually didn’t know this before I started this thread, so I hope it helps out many of you too. 

Did you know that pigs are actually 4 times better at restoring sanity than glommer? Infact, any bipedal ally is considered more comforting than the fuzzy little bug (not counting rock lobsters that is.) A single one restores 25 sanity per minute, while glommer only gives you 6.25; provided you’ve gotten up close and snug that is. 

An important fact is they generally try to keep themselves at a respectable distance during the day, so the best time to use this is at night. The easiest way is to wait until they’ve fallen asleep beside a campfire, but the distance from the light of a torch should be enough to reap a nice enough reward

With nights in the very early game being a minute long, even a single pig can provide you with a ten point sanity increase (counting in the penalties from dusk too.) With this out of the way, it’s pretty clear that it’s a pretty easy job navigating sanity problems when you’ve got your own personal hunting party. 

If you don't think that low sanity is all that big of a problem, it would still be a nice idea to have a couple swine to tag along in-case you ever start having the heebie-geebies in the middle of a fight. You can focus on your inner demons while your friends have the big baddie distracted, thus making maintaining control all that much easier.

This tip was brought to you by the Save The Pigs Initative. 

5 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

Wish granted!

I’m going to put an interesting little tidbit here for those of who who want to recruit swine armies of your very own. I actually didn’t know this before I started this thread, so I hope it helps out many of you too. 

Did you know that pigs are actually 4 times better at restoring sanity than glommer? Infact, any bipedal ally is considered more comforting than the fuzzy little bug (not counting rock lobsters that is.) A single one restores 25 sanity a minute, provided you’ve gotten up close and snug. 

An important fact is they generally try to keep themselves at a respectable distance during the day, so the best time to use this is at night. The easiest way is to wait until they’ve fallen asleep beside a campfire, but the distance from the light of a torch should be enough to reap enough reward. 

With nights in the very early game being a minute long, even a single pig can provide you with a ten point sanity increase (counting in dusk too.) With this out of the way, it’s pretty clear that it’s a pretty easy job navigating sanity problems when you’ve got your own personal hunting party. 

This tip was brought to you by the Save The Pigs Initative. 

Eh? Is that desisiting our hostility to the Swine?

Ok... about healthcare: Freaking spoodr glands and healing salves. The pigs worked hard farming spooders for us, its time for their reward! But they do regen health right?

Lycanthropy vaccines? Kill them bfore they turn?/ Let monster meat do its work? Or perhaps... just leave them alone. Lycanthropy is incurable and a genetic disease. To really cure it, we need pigs to go extinct. With no relatives alive. Though this ain't Saving the Pigs, it is Curing Lycanthropy. You can't fully cure lycanthropy, have you seen Harry Potter and The Prisoner of Azkaban? Professor something? His lycanthropy could not be cured, only pacified. Through using a specially brewed potion he will still turn into a werewolf BUT he will retain conciousness and his human mind. Unfortunately, there is no such "Potion" nor "Magical Object" that could achieve this purpose.

7 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

We're getting off topic here. Sorry, OP! Sorry, Moderators! :? :(

I'll conclude that my mind stands unchanged and unchanegable: there is no pacifist route. Especially because any death caused by any traps of any shape and form is the responsibility of the user. Going by your logic, setting fire to someone's house thus burning him to death is "just letting nature do its' work".

Not setting fire, I meant setting fire to something close to someone's house and attempting to extinguish the smoldering fires. And for the traps, just leave them there. If its still moving, its technically alive right? Its easier with a friend : Friend kills mobs, you play support. Good support characters are Winona(quick crafting), Willow( only if you're noobs and you can't find torch), Wilson( beard hair ), Wickerbottom( her books and upgraded crafting) and Maxwell( Easy resources through the use of puppets)

Neutral support characters are WX78( nothing that will help nor hinder), Wilson in summer and winter( low beard hair), Woodie( he can support but is usually out done by Maxwell: Lucy? Puppets. Faster chopping? Less resources than since you dont want to turn to werebeaver AND Maxwell can also gather rocks and dig graves with no penalty. Longer time with followers? Infinite time with puppets. More insulation? Who cares? Its very small. And pathetic to Wilson's and Webber's), Webber( only if your friend is a webber) and Wigfrid ( she's combat based but her equipment is also good for support)

Bad support characters: WOLFGANG( I found something wolfgang is bad at Edgy Rick! But yeah all his perks ABSOLUTELY is based on COMBAT: increased dmg? Combat. Increased hunger loss? Combat for food. Increased sanity loss? Combat to quickly get sanity restoring resources like top hat and tam'o'shanter. WIGFRID IN LATE GAME( by this time her equipment has the same value as rot, you would have endgame armor, weapons and stuff. She is an early game character, she falls off pretty hard mid game and gets eliminated late game. Her perks? Increased dmg. Combat. Get cool equipment. Trash at late game. Only eats meat. Only serves to starve you. In fact if eating meat is also not pacifistic, then Wigfrid can't be played.)

5 hours ago, Booklover said:

-snip-

> So leaving something to die horribly of starvation in a trap you set up with the full intention of trapping them is pacifistic? So setting up a landmine, a bear trap or a deep hole to trap something/someone and have it possibly die of blood loss or starvation is not your responsibility and thus pacifistic?

> The facts still remain: you still were the one who set up the trap or the fire with the intention of killing/capturing the target of said traps.

> Burning someone or something or someone to death, however indirect, still bears the responsibility of the firestarter.

Thou shalteth not changeth my mind about the morality of traps or the impossibility of pacifist, and thouse arguments are too off topic. We art all done arguing with thou, and I wisheth thou Goode fortune on thine endeavours.

> So if lycanthropy doesn't have a cure, explain why the pigs in Hamlet do not turn into Werepigs in the light of the full moon or the Aporkalypse. They are of the same species, which means they must have found a cure to the lycanthropy afflicting them. 

9 hours ago, YouKnowWho said:

-nice!-

You know, i've never really known they have unequaled sanity gain. I'll take note the next time i hunt a Ewecus :)

Never really gave the sanity gain much attention...

I have this strange habit of planting all my trees near Pig encampments as they are excellent lumberjacks, except when chopping down Birchnuts. I also get a boost to sanity, gradually, and some aid if I encounter a Treeguard.

> So leaving something to die horribly of starvation in a trap you set up with the full intention of trapping them is pacifistic? So setting up a landmine, a bear trap or a deep hole to trap something/someone and have it possibly die of blood loss or starvation is not your responsibility and thus pacifistic?

> The facts still remain: you still were the one who set up the trap or the fire with the intention of killing/capturing the target of said traps.

> Burning someone or something or someone to death, however indirect, still bears the responsibility of the firestarter.

Thou shalteth not changeth my mind about the morality of traps or the impossibility of pacifist, and thouse arguments are too off topic. We art all done arguing with thou, and I wisheth thou Goode fortune on thine endeavours.

> So if lycanthropy doesn't have a cure, explain why the pigs in Hamlet do not turn into Werepigs in the light of the full moon or the Aporkalypse. They are of the same species, which means they must have found a cure to the lycanthropy afflicting them. 

You know, i've never really known they have unequaled sanity gain. I'll take note the next time i hunt a Ewecus :)

Never really gave the sanity gain much attention...

I have this strange habit of planting all my trees near Pig encampments as they are excellent lumberjacks, except when chopping down Birchnuts. I also get a boost to sanity, gradually, and some aid if I encounter a Treeguard.

Perhaps civilisation is the cure for lycanthropy? I had not seen any scientist in Hamlet, so the pigs can't really know much about science. Or... is it bcuz they are entirely different genes? Maybe there are different tribes in the world and this happens to be a special one? Mybe they have adapted? Evolved to prevent lycanthropy? This would explain the "No Lycanthropy" in the pigs. Or is it becuz of the flora and fauna? There must be a herb that cures lycanthropy but its only in hamlet? We have seen that there are currently FIVE different worlds in ds. Theres normal ds, ROG ds, Shipwrecked ds, DST and HAM ds. Each and every one of the worlds are different. Theres no four seasons in ds. Theres giants and more content in ROG ds. And there EVEN more content in DST. These are the ones with similar biomes. Come Shipwrecked, we have a different world. With different biomes. Same goes for Hamlet, maybe theres a new herb there that the pigs use. The reason why the characters don't know about it its bcuz they don't have lycanthropy, so they don't bother about finding a cure. BUT theres a question: what about wilba? Maybe the pigs are vaccinated at birth, and since wilba is still young and kinda quited school for adventure, she did not learn about the vaccine. Woodie basically just accepted his fate. Maybe the hamlet took place when Shipwrecked characters decided to build a plane and leave, just like in ds. That would explain why they know how to build rafts. Maybe as new games keep popping out, the characters would learn more, and at DST the year of the pig they would share about the cure. Maybe we can actually cure lycanthropy this year! Characters pop out of the portal in DST, not out of a ship or plane, maybe they were teleported there in their adventures!

Also if you don't mind playing with friends and mods, this character is the PINNACLE OF PACIFISM

I PRESENT TO YOU...WHIMSY! THE CHEERFUL SUNFLOWER!      https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=948428940

She's absolutely reliant on others and only has a dps/dmg of 7.5 since she can't use weapons. This effectively makes her very weak and totally useless at offense. If you can't kill stuff, you can be a pacifist right?

I don't know if you know this but people play a "Only meat" or "No weapons" playthrough to challenge themselves, these restrictions force them to think outside the box. You might say a strict "No killing" playthrough is impossible, but its not. It basically restricts your usage of Direct Killing. You can still craft thulecite and endgame gear. Its just more challenging. Why do you think people do speedruns and challenges? A great player will know how to play around the restriction. You can argue that burning mobs is not pacifistic but can you argue that letting two mobs kill each other is not pacifistic? I want to ask, did ya use your brain to think about ideas or ways out of a fight or did ya think about things that counter the ideas?

Lets just say you do you and i do i, alright?

Now shall we discuss another topic or stay at pacifism and lycanthropy?

1 hour ago, Booklover said:

-snip-

Sure. Thanks for the discourse, good sir!

I would suggest we stick to whatever topic lies in line with the thread, so lycanthropy it is.

> Whatever the case, the lack of lycanthropy with Hamlet pigs may pave the way to finding the cure. Hopefully.

29 minutes ago, YouKnowWho said:

(double quote woah)

In doth criminal justice system, the people art represent'd by two separateth but equally imp'rtant groups: the police, who is't investigateth crime, and the district att'rneys, who is't prosecute doth offendeth'rs.

These art their stories.

Could you say this sentence again in modern english please?

I ain't good in Wilbish

2 hours ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Sure. Thanks for the discourse, good sir!

I would suggest we stick to whatever topic lies in line with the thread, so lycanthropy it is.

> Whatever the case, the lack of lycanthropy with Hamlet pigs may pave the way to finding the cure. Hopefully.

If this is real life, i probably would take the pig's blood to compare it with normal pig's. BUT this is DS D: Sooooo we have to wait for the developers to decide whether to give the pigs some love or not.

13 minutes ago, Booklover said:

If this is real life, i probably would take the pig's blood to compare it with normal pig's. BUT this is DS D: Sooooo we have to wait for the developers to decide whether to give the pigs some love or not.

Still wishing they let Wilba turn into a Werepig tho

7 minutes ago, GetNerfedOn said:

Still wishing they let Wilba turn into a Werepig tho

But if that happened, we would lose control of Wilba right? Just like werepigs. Not to mention when pigs turn into werepigs, they lose their clothes. Wouldn't it be inappropriate if males and females rip open their clothes every full moon? What happens the next day? Will they magically get clothes or will they be naked?

35 minutes ago, Booklover said:

But if that happened, we would lose control of Wilba right? Just like werepigs. Not to mention when pigs turn into werepigs, they lose their clothes. Wouldn't it be inappropriate if males and females rip open their clothes every full moon? What happens the next day? Will they magically get clothes or will they be naked?

notice that nnon-hamlet pigmen have frail grass skirts, Also try putting a hat on a pig and make it tranform : Boom the werepig will have the hat too!

Archived