[Game Update] - 296676

Jason

11 hours ago, Misuto said:

I don't think words alone can express my gratitude in you guys actually implementing this after all this time. It's a bit rough as it's past midnight where I am, but we made this for you on stream. Again, thanks to Jason (and any shadow coders) who helped make this black turf not just a distant memory from the times of untextured snakeskin rugs. 

Thanks Jason.png

Oh my god how long did that take?! 

soyousay.png.c12ae2f1d1e431896cbeeb50569f073f.png.c5845b3f05d428bfb2b7f47e8bcaa1b6.png

2 minutes ago, watermelen671 said:

Oh my god how long did that take?! 

soyousay.png.c12ae2f1d1e431896cbeeb50569f073f.png.c5845b3f05d428bfb2b7f47e8bcaa1b6.png

Less than 3 hours. It was just an art world with a lot of console commands. Especially since toxic jungle turf can't be moved in the current state of the game. Literally the only way to get a nice red color turf for the minimap is to spawn that in via the console. 

Most of the time was spent learning how to work with the new black turf. See, what made the old untextured snakeskin turf so amazing was that it was the lowest priority turf in the game, so it made for super delicate and perfect outlines. The new beard rug is the exact opposite, the highest priority turf in the game. So I had to do my art backwards because honestly the black is too thick to work with as is. Here is a picture with the untextured snake skin turf. It's half the size of the new one: nwJgsxq.png

The letters in my name are the exact same pixel font I used for the thanks Jason message. But you can see how even barren turf has a higher priority over untextured snakeskin back in the day. It's going to take a lot of adjusting to adapt to the insanely high priority of the new turf. ...Unless Jason wants to change that. :D 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Misuto said:

Less than 3 hours. It was just an art world with a lot of console commands. Especially since toxic jungle turf can't be moved in the current state of the game. Literally the only way to get a nice red color turf for the minimap is to spawn that in via the console. 

Most of the time was spent learning how to work with the new black turf. See, what made the old untextured snakeskin turf so amazing was that it was the lowest priority turf in the game, so it made for super delicate and perfect outlines. The new beard rug is the exact opposite, the highest priority turf in the game. So I had to do my art backwards because honestly the black is too thick to work with as is. Here is a picture with the untextured snake skin turf. It's half the size of the new one: nwJgsxq.png

The letters in my name are the exact same pixel font I used for the thanks Jason message. But you can see how even barren turf has a higher priority over untextured snakeskin back in the day. It's going to take a lot of adjusting to adapt to the insanely high priority of the new turf. ...Unless Jason wants to change that. :D 

Spoiler

thonk.png.9eca8879112d88f86737df1ac8b1d8df.png

Intriguing.

I now want to make a pixel perfect representation of @nome. But it's currently midnight and I gotta go to school tomorrow. 

crysipp.png.dfb65ec23df8ad11a9edaf7069508a22.png

Spoiler

Maybe I'll do it in class...

473994198400499712.png.34c33ca7ec7b2414cb12ed8810e8731d.png

• Like 1

Balance Changes

• Stolen items don’t get replaced. 

Like... At all? I'd say that's a bit too far. We already have to use a panflute or the like to get them to go to sleep in the first place, punishing this with a bricked shop is too far to the other side of the spectrum from when you could just exploit them by waking them up after you cleared it out and they would restock on the spot and fall back asleep.

I think a fair balance would be to make us wait a few days for the shop to restock. Or maybe we have to pay some oincs (10/50/100 or so) to get them to reopen the shop. I could understand the logic there if looting them blind left them broke... Yeah, my suggestion would be to give us the option to donate to a shut down shop to get them to reopen. I was planning to use panflutes/stealing to farm up a krampus sack, I didn't even care about getting the items for free...

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CaribbeanIguana said:

Speaking of new crafted turfs, have you all looked into puddles spawning on Hamlet's crafted turfs in Shipwrecked? 

flood2.PNG

There is a season in SW in which there are puddles everywhere.  

Spoiler

Make sandbags to soak up water.

Just now, ucw said:

There is a season in SW in which there are puddles everywhere.  

Hide contents

Make sandbags to soak up water.

I've been playing Shipwrecked since it came out. Puddles aren't supposed to spawn on crafted turfs like wooden flooring or cobblestones, so the Hamlet ones should be the same way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CaribbeanIguana said:

I've been playing Shipwrecked since it came out. Puddles aren't supposed to spawn on crafted turfs like wooden flooring or cobblestones, so the Hamlet ones should be the same way.

Interesting point.  I rather think puddles should form on outdoor turf.  

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Did that just happen? or was that a save file from before the update?

I'm working on a fix for saves from before the update. 

If it was after the update, we fixed one way that problem can happen, but it doesn't mean we fixed all of them. If it can still happen. Well keep looking for other ways for it to happen if it can. 

After update :(

So I have a sprinkler with nettles within and on the edge of the effective area. Upon returning after a few days, the nettles outside the wet area can be harvested, but the nettles within the sprinkler range cannot..... sooo..... I think nettles mechanics are still not quite working....

On 28/11/2561 at 7:26 AM, Jason said:

Stolen items don’t get replaced. 

So basically, if the item is stolen once, it will be gone forever? Isn't this too much? May be something like stealing has a chance to spawn the guards in the shop(also the Krampuses outside), and the chance increases by how frequent you steal the items from that shop. Also, stolen items will not be replaced by the next day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, maximus1992 said:

please make the new characters skill  of hamlet more  compatible in SW and ROG  .we also want to play those characters in SW and ROG 

for now, the only characters that seem playable outside of their dlc's (except RoG characters) are warly and Wilbur.

• Like 1