[Game Update] - 296676

Jason

• Developer

Hi everyone! We want to thank you all for all of your continued feedback and bug reports. We’re still busy here squashing bugs (Hamlet has a lot of insects afterall) and summoning up the Aporkalypse. We still have some balance changes and a bit more new content we want to get together before we feel the game is ready to leave Early Access. To that end, we feel that Dec 6th will be too soon for us to have had a good chance to tune the performance and make sure everything is in and ready for launch. The Aporkalypse will still be arriving on Dec. 6th, but we have some things we want to get done before we’re ready to leave Early Access.

If you are waiting for launch to play to have the most stable experience, we thank you for your patience and ask for a little bit more. We will make another announcement when we have a more final launch date. 

Balance Changes

• Stolen items don’t get replaced. 

Bug Fixes

• Bandit camp drops a peagawk feather, not bone shards now
  • Mole hat works better indoors during the day
  • Nettle plant should naturally bloom more consistently during the humid season
  • Fixed a possible avenue that the roc can fail to grab the player, leaving them cowering.
  • Fixed the disappearing shopkeeper desks.
  • Fixed the problem of Ro-bin eggs incubating inside containers and on shelves.
  • Fix for potential crash when entering the player’s own house
  • Exiting a burning house should not send the player off to the middle of nowhere anymore
  • Fixed the memory leak with the sprinkler

Cause we could and it was asked for a long time.

• You can craft beard hair rug from beard hair and grass. (You know, in case you like pixel art and need black lines.)

View full update

• Like 19
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Hi everyone! We want to thank you all for all of your continued feedback and bug reports. We’re still busy here squashing bugs (Hamlet has a lot of insects afterall) and summoning up the Aporkalypse. We still have some balance changes and a bit more new content we want to get together before we feel the game is ready to leave Early Access. To that end, we feel that Dec 6th will be too soon for us to have had a good chance to tune the performance and make sure everything is in and ready for launch. The Aporkalypse will still be arriving on Dec. 6th, but we have some things we want to get done before we’re ready to leave Early Access.

If you are waiting for launch to play to have the most stable experience, we thank you for your patience and ask for a little bit more. We will make another announcement when we have a more final launch date. 

I really love how this DLC is handled this time :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ackzay said:

So stealing has been nerfed to the ground? why not just remove it?

Will items respawn if u burn down the shop and rebuild?

Will shop owners respawn after being killed in future updates?

Destroying the shop does not regenerate the shopkeeper/items. One of my shopkeepers simply vanished and after the update, the items I stole from it weren’t replaced by the next day. I hammered it down and when a worker pig repaired it, it was still empty. So you CAN steal, but the ultimate result will be a dead shop in your village that you can’t get rid of.

• Like 1

Good morning, thank you very much for what you mentioned earlier, thank you very much for this great game and the bug updates, and I wanted to leave my point of view about adding a new level of difficulty to dont starve, such as the low food reflect on the character he slimming down and this affect in his way of thinking and during battle expressly get weaker thanks to this possibility, thank your attention hugs.

Meh. I understand why Klei nerfed stealing. 

Shops, money and rooms/dungeons are the main mechanics in this Dlc just like water and land in Sw. It only makes sense that if you want to bypass paying you'll… have to pay for it.

Althoughi agree that if items aren't replaced stealing should be easier. Becasue right now mayor and most shopkeepers won't sleep at night

I don't think words alone can express my gratitude in you guys actually implementing this after all this time. It's a bit rough as it's past midnight where I am, but we made this for you on stream. Again, thanks to Jason (and any shadow coders) who helped make this black turf not just a distant memory from the times of untextured snakeskin rugs. 

Thanks Jason.png

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

I made a post recently showcasing a TRUCKLOAD of unused stuff in both Hamlet and Shipwrecked. The link is here: 

My question is, ARE YOU ACTUALLY GOING TO ADD IT??? Or is it going to end up just like the Tesla Tree in RoG, left behind in the files for eternity? ALL THIS STUFF LOOKS SO COOL! You should really consider adding it in if you aren't already.

• Like 2

• Developer
18 minutes ago, Tropka said:

image.thumb.png.89f79df52c4743a518cd23e842501f0b.png

Nop, it havent been fixed yet. :( I want my time what i spent here back :( 

Did that just happen? or was that a save file from before the update?

I'm working on a fix for saves from before the update. 

If it was after the update, we fixed one way that problem can happen, but it doesn't mean we fixed all of them. If it can still happen. Well keep looking for other ways for it to happen if it can.