The Hamlet Skin

What do you think the skin will be for those who own hamlet?

I'm talking the skins you get in DST for owning the singleplayer DLCs. Like the Mini Monument for owning RoG and the Pirate Birdcage for owning Shipwrecked.

I'm personally hoping for a Pog skin for the Kittykit, but I'm wondering what you all will think it'll be!

This was already asked on Don't Starve forums - "Redeemable skin for DST from Hamlet?", but may be a topic more suited here, as these sections receive way more visitors; thus my take on what Loyal skin we may receive:

loyal_hamlet_skin.jpg.2265c838003c95cc7f953b75d8fd6033.jpg

..aka the default Slantry Shanty Pig House model would be my bet - as both skins have many similarities in their respective designs - size, shape, the grass at their base etc.

1 hour ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

This was already asked on Don't Starve forums - "Redeemable skin for DST from Hamlet?", but may be a topic more suited here, as these sections receive way more visitors; thus my take on what Loyal skin we may receive:

..aka the default Slantry Shanty Pig House model would be my bet - as both skins have many similarities in their respective designs - size, shape, the grass at their base etc.

Oh, its very nice!

(I thought the new skin could be for Pickaxe)

4 minutes ago, Commissar Oscar said:

Rest assured. I believe allowing the beta testers to keep their Hamlet DLC that was meant to be taken away at the end of the testing period was the extent of their "reward."

The beta testers were allowed to keep the DLC?!

4 hours ago, xxVERSUSxy said:

THIS RIGHT HERE KLEI. The iconic pig house would be the perfect skin for owning Hamlet. 

Just now, NorthicaN said:

But you cant make nor optain them in the game ive noticed when i hammer them. And nowhere can be found. Or idk

I meant that skins would reskin a item ( stone walls for example )

Can multiple ( +1 ) stone wall items fit in one slot? Yes.

Therefore making a skinned wall item is impossible in this day's klei technology

13 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

I meant that skins would reskin a item ( stone walls for example )

Can multiple ( +1 ) stone wall items fit in one slot? Yes.

Therefore making a skinned wall item is impossible in this day's klei technology

Ahhh. I see. Thx for telling so i didint understood what ya ment by that.

You've heard of the whole "Stacking Pig Skin with Pig Skin? favor's the majority?" right?

The whole thing is, if you are stacking a Pig Skin onto a Pig Skin? , it will become 2 Pig Skins? , and vice versa.

And if you're stacking 5 Pig Skin onto 4 Pig Skin?, it will become 9 Pig Skin 

So, stacking skinned stackables onto same stackables, has about the same tendency of the Pig Skin nonsense

56 minutes ago, zergologist said:

You've heard of the whole "Stacking Pig Skin with Pig Skin? favor's the majority?" right?

The whole thing is, if you are stacking a Pig Skin onto a Pig Skin? , it will become 2 Pig Skins? , and vice versa.

So, stacking skinned stackables onto same stackables, has about the same tendency of the Pig Skin nonsense

Tell that to the devs... .-- --- .-- / ... ..- -.-. .... / .- - - . -- .--. - / -.. .. -.. -. - / . ...- . -. / - . .-.. .-.. / - .... . / -.. . ...- / .-. .. --. .... -

5 hours ago, zergologist said:

Yes it's definitely possible. It's a matter of implementing it not only into DST but into the pre-existing skin system. Easier said then done.

Then there's the matter of how it works. If you stack a skinned into a non-skinned does it skin everything or default everything? One option means you just need 1 person with a skin to make one and so long as it's preserved everyone can make it even after they've logged out. Do you make it so the stacks only combine skinned for the person with the skin? How feasible is that? Is it worth the time?

The whole reason backpack skins rot while on the floor is to, at least somewhat, prevent preserving a skin you don't have. Obviously so long as it's worn you're fine but this sort of system presents a similar "problem". I personally don't see a huge issue. It's still neat to "bestow" a skin onto a group but it's worth thinking about.

Shrug.

Archived