4 minutes ago, deludeddaybreak said:

Yeah, uh... I based his color off the Unshadow Suit

It fits him. I suppose as a merm he is no longer burdened by his deeds and  as the King of Shadows and would very much be Unshadow. 
Is Wilson a nice shade of Higgsbury Red?

Edited by TurtleKitty
Wrong Word
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, deludeddaybreak said:

Their mate ventured out to sea a while ago and hasn't returned. They're just sitting on the dock now, pining for their dear one. There have been longer expeditions before, longer times apart... just not any that they can recall.

pining.png

That’s a fine art that I will probably never be able to draw. Why didn’t you pick green ish but light purple instead though?

1 hour ago, SavageLemon said:

That’s a fine art that I will probably never be able to draw. Why didn’t you pick green ish but light purple instead though?

The coloration is based off of Max's Unshadow suit!

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

I like this. A moment of piece in the Shipwrecked side of the Constant. I almost imagine this character tossing a stone a few minutes after.

I'm glad it conveys that feeling!

• Like 1

Per the advice of some forum members, now that i'm doing art a lot more frequently, I've decided to have a common post for my work. I'll be adding tags as the subject matter of my work expands.

For starters, have a blacksmith merm Winona

mermnona updated.png

Edited by deludeddaybreak
updated artwork
  • Like 13

21 hours ago, deludeddaybreak said:

mermnona updated.png

The bronze color for Winona really fits her.:wilson_smile:

I hope that the next time the Gorge comes around there'll be matching merm looks like you did here.

20 hours ago, deludeddaybreak said:

CrowelabCompleted.png

Was this concept you did with your friend a combination of Wilson's Triumphant and Hallowed Nights skins?

48 minutes ago, minespatch said:

The bronze color for Winona really fits her.:wilson_smile:

I hope that the next time the Gorge comes around there'll be matching merm looks like you did here.

Was this concept you did with your friend a combination of Wilson's Triumphant and Hallowed Nights skins?

We didn't really discuss the concept. I just asked for a collab where he could draw whatever. However, after the piece was finished, we decided that yes, it was more or less a combination of his Triumphant and Hallowed Nights skins. He's being what we call an "alchemancer."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, deludeddaybreak said:

As much as I love Maxwell, Winona is the character I look and act the most like. I'm even an engineer IRL.

If I understand you correctly, you love Maxwell. I love him, too, and I always try to play him. He has a very deep character. Winona is also an interesting character, but many do not like her, because to the tape she doesn't have any distinguishing features, in principle, it is a good character, so Winona is also cool.

Edited by Russian Philin
  • Like 1

Figured I might as well put my weeklies in here as well, just so I have them all in one place. Here's the one for the 11/6/18 challenge: favorite creature as a Funko. Here we have Mer McMermington and his pal, the Frienticle.

merm funko.png

Here's a touchup of my 10/30/18 art challenge: favorite character as a Funko. I forgot her eyebrows and dark circles before. Technically, Max and Nona are tied for my favorite, but with a Nona cosplay in progress, the engineer was at the forefront of my thoughts.

nona pop with details.png

Edited by deludeddaybreak
wrong year lol
  • Like 7

Still in a Funko mode, I decided to draw my buddy Crowe's Merm King Wilson as a Funko Pop. They've got a lot of rich lore behind their merms and this precious boy was just begging to be drawn.

The thing in his hand is something of my own creation, the Sea Staff. It's a powerful magical object made from a piece of one of the Gnaw's teeth that fell into the ocean long ago. The Sea Staff functions like the Living Staff when used on Merms. When used on non-Merms, it still heals them, but they will slowly succumb to the Gnaw's Curse and eventually mermify. It's useful for both tending to his subjects and keeping intelligent would-be raiders at bay.

mermson_king_funko.png

• Like 6